Disneyland Paris - News

so if we're going in August can I book them now thru the mobile app or do I need to call France.
thanks
DLP report posted today that "The Disneyland Paris official website has been updated to reflect that standalone bookings for Auberge de Cendrillon and Plaza Gardens character meals will only be possible via the official app, starting March 31, 2022. " Generally reservations open two calendar months ahead of time, so now you can reserve until the end of May.

DLP report posted today that "The Disneyland Paris official website has been updated to reflect that standalone bookings for Auberge de Cendrillon and Plaza Gardens character meals will only be possible via the official app, starting March 31, 2022. " Generally reservations open two calendar months ahead of time, so now you can reserve until the end of May.
i thought I saw that character meals were 6 months in advance when you're on site.
i tried today via te app and couldn't though

i thought I saw that character meals were 6 months in advance when you're on site.
i tried today via te app and couldn't though
I'm not sure if they are still doing it like that now but I would say try emailing the hotel to see if they can book it.

I just hugged my first character (I am in Paris) in 2 years and about to hug Goofy! Hang in there, Dis-friends, if we can hug here, it can't take long for you to get back to the magic! :D

Besides still some hand sanitizer stations and some people with masks, it really feels like normal again.

I have never queued so happily in my life! The lower crowds and the unique situations that happened with creative Disney solutions due to covid were fine to get my fix, there is nothing like the real thing.

The 30th anniversary show is so much fun and the drone show is amazing. Tonight is the 1st AP party in 2.5 years or so, and the crowds will be intense, and probably uncomfortable, but it is great to be really back.

There is no place like home.

I know there aren't a lot of DLP AP holders here, but I do not want to open a separate thread for it.

Tonight is the first soirée (party) for AP holders in years. It will be a blast from the past with classic characters and shows from the early years, plus the 30th anniversary stage and drone show.

Today an extremely vague programme came out, with the character descriptions you can sort of guess who it will be. Probably they are intentionally vague to keep expectations low after previous distrarous parties. "Olympic heroes" will most likely be characters from Hercules, as it is not marked as a selfie spot (face character m&g are still socially distanced, fur characters can be hugged), we can assume it is Hades and/or Pain & Panic. These have been at parties and special events more often, so these costumes are most likely in stock.

Strangely enough, a final parade to close the night is missing. We started queuing over 2 hours before the event starts, and we are reasonably to the front. Luckily we are waiting under the Disneyland Hotel in the queues for the registers, so we are under cover. With the last soirée we had to queue outside in Fantasia Gardens. And it was colder back then, than it is now. We go in with low expectations, we guess we have seen all or most of the rare characters before. We will try to see some shows and just enjoy the night. Party hours are from 21.15 to 1.30.

Have fun, I want to go to an AP event but at the same time they always seem so crowded.
This one is going surprisingly well. A few hiccups, but also some improvements. It is always a chance you have to take. We did make some lucky decisions.

If you want to do characters you will get disappointed not being able to see them all, but at least they scheduled all the shows in a way you can actually see all of them.

Great atmosphere, no pushing etc. Good programme. Yes, i am happy :)

Except it is getting very cold at 1:00. One more show to go and then back to the hotel.

This one is going surprisingly well. A few hiccups, but also some improvements. It is always a chance you have to take. We did make some lucky decisions.

If you want to do characters you will get disappointed not being able to see them all, but at least they scheduled all the shows in a way you can actually see all of them.

Great atmosphere, no pushing etc. Good programme. Yes, i am happy :)

Except it is getting very cold at 1:00. One more show to go and then back to the hotel.

Always happy to hear that there have been some improvements. Glad you had a good time and hope you warmed up and got some sleep!

Let's do some news!

• First of all: Mother nature is thinking #yolo! in Europe. No April fool's joke, DLP is covered in snow.

• IMAGINEERS ASSEMBLE!
    On the 12th of April 2022, the 30th anniversary of the opening day of @disneylandparis, a legendary group of Imagineers who designed and created DLP will get together again in the place it all began for a special panel discussion.

Celebrating 30 Years of Disneyland Paris will include former and current imagineers :
    - Tony Baxter, Former Executive Producer, Disneyland Paris
    - Beth Clapperton, Art Director
    - Tim Delaney, Former Show Producer, Discoveryland
    - Tracy Eck, Art Director, Disneyland Park
    - Björn Heerwagen, Director – Show Design & Production
    - Sylvie Massara, Art Director, Portfolio Hotels
    - Tom Morris, Former Show Producer, Fantasyland

The Panel will br moderated by David Wilson, Vice President & Site Portfolio Executive, Disneyland Paris
    And Tom Fitzgerald, Portfolio Creative Executive, Disneyland Paris
    It will be streamed on YouTube and a select few Annual Passholders and former shareholders will be able to attend.
  • 277305688_5224942690869570_3889062787592106156_n.jpg

Whilst the Infinity pass is a lot to shell out in one go, was working it out with shareholders discount and plus with exchange rate to £ it works out roughly at £30 a month which if travel wasn't so expensive, its about the going rate for theme parks. Having said that its only me, a family would be really expensive.

Concept art for new restaurant in Disneyland Paris

In the Disneyland Paris AP holders Facebook Group, Disney has posted new concept art for a restaurant, and the announcement that they have started with the work on building the new Frozen area.

The new restaurant at the new lake
View attachment 660259

A builder
View attachment 660260

And they reposted the concept art for Arendelle
View attachment 660258

On Wednesday evening there was another Disneyland Paris AP show with Betty Rose and Jimmy Pirate, to present the next things to happen. Theme for today was Spring.
It's a nice thing they do for AP holders. Even when they don't reveal that much, besides merchandise. The interview with Astrid and Natalia about the 30th anniversary show was more interesting than previous interviews. Plus it's always fun to see songs performed during the show.

Turn on the subtitltes if you don't speak French :)

Opening:
- Opening with Main Street Dancers, Mickey & Minnie

Merchandise:
- New t-shirt, collectable key, pins, Pandora, a new book on the Art of Disneyland Paris

Swing into Spring with Mary Poppins (2017 show)
- Mary Poppins, Bert, Penguinss and dancers.

Q&A (Questions from AP holders)
- When will Space Mountain get rid of Star Wars?
At the moment there are no plans to change the ride anytime soon.
- Where can I find Mickey Waffles (these things are rare in DLP and hard to find even for AP holders)
For the 30th anniversary there are 60 new products to buy, including waffles. (They only didn't really answer the question...)

Interview with Astrid Gomez (Executive producer) and Natalia Beliaeva (Director) about the 30th anniversary show Un Monde Qui S'illumine / Rady for the Ride)
- Where did the concept come from?
- What are the three themes of the show?
- Where did the inspiration come from?

Final song Believe from Enchanted Forest (2017 show)
- Betty Rose with dancers, Pocahontas, Merida, Rapunzel and Jane.
In the show itself it featured Tarzan and not Jane. I so hope this show comes back, definitely one of the better shows.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter