DisneyLAND bound!!

Anne, you're not in trouble there! You go! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Wendy, that race report is fantastic! What a fine tribute and what a great friend you are!

Everyone, You are in my thoughts and prayers for safe travels and a fantastic event!

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all getting excited about going to Disneyland next week. I wish I could go and participate but I'm not quite ready for that. Hopefully, I'll be ready for the half at WDW. :upsidedow

So, for all of us not going to DL, I'm going to keep track of fellow DISers running in the race and post the results in a thread for all to see. It will be the next best thing to being there to cheer you on! If you would like for me to keep track of your progress while you're running, please send me an email with your registered first and last names and I guess, your race number if you have it handy. The more people I keep track of, the better for those of us staying behind! It will almost seem like we're there! :thumbsup2

Good luck to all! I can't wait to read all your reports when you get back. :teeth:

chimera said:
BTW...Congrats Bill and Lynnda! :cool1:

Thanks!!! :cloud9:

I can't wait to see everyone SOON!!! :banana:

We're in San Diego now - yea!! :teeth: The weather yesterday was HOT, but today was much nicer with a great breeze all day. :thumbsup2 A bit of warning - wear sunscreen!!! I figured our Florida skin would be fine... :lmao: Yes, we got burned yesterday at the Zoo. Today, we all wore sunscreen and I now have burn on top of burn. :blush: It is absolutely beautiful out here, though. And they said the heat wave should be letting up soon. Here's hoping for great weather in Anaheim!

I will be doing the 5K wearing a lime green tank, my WISH bracelet, and my WISH socks. I'll be looking for all the WISH bracelets and lime green Mickeys!!!

Take care and happy packing! ;)

--Lynnda

Hi guys - in klondon and running out of internet money. So....
nancy: to help your planning, shall we meet about 12.00 - I'lll call you to determine where Fridaymorning
anyone else, I'll have a lime green scarf tied somewhere about myperson at the expo and will runin my tigger hat - agggh, the moneymonster is flashing at me again - so better post this.
good luck with the last weekends training - it's taper time -Helen

crzy4pooh said:
I will be doing the 5K wearing a lime green tank, my WISH bracelet, and my WISH socks. I'll be looking for all the WISH bracelets and lime green Mickeys!!!

--Lynnda

Hi fellow DISers,
There's a good chance that I won't be able to meet up with everyone on Saturday because the family really wants to go to the parks that day. If I don't go, look for me on Saturday. I'll be the filipino guy wearing a red shirt(sorry, I don't have any lime green ), black shorts, hat, and shoes. So, if you see me, be sure to wave :wave:

Good luck, everybody!
Danny

We'll look for you, Danny! Try to find something lime green to tie to your waistband or something, so you'll catch our eyes!

See everyone in a week!

I am excited yet dreading the race. I have not trained the way I should, but I know I can do this. Is it really here?! I am going to wear my WISH t-shirt on Saturday. I will tie my lime green WISH scarf to my fanny pack for the race on Sunday. One week! :Pinkbounc

We actually head for Disneyland tomorrow. If all goes well we should be in the Grand Californian by the afternoon. Although there could be extra stops along the way.

Good news is that the temperatures around San Diego seem to be really nice in the morning and it really doesn't start getting hot until 10:00 or so. Hopefully this will still be the case at DL.

Bill

Back again - well if all goes to plan, pretty much exactly this time next week, I should just be crossing the finish line (well hopefully), am very excited. Managed to run for 90 minutes yesterday around london- I ran down to Kensington Palace (Princess Di's house), past the Albert Hall, up to Hyde park Corner, up to Speakers Corner, around Marble Arch then back to my hotel - does anyone else feel like they've done London with me today. Shame I could slip in Buckingham Palace and Big Ben for you all - buit I did drive past Tower Bridge last night.

I think I'm climatising a bit as it's boiling here, am currently in a boiling hot internet cafe close to Madam Tusaauds, maybe I should do a few laps round teh computer. I did have two huge blisters on the bottom of my feet,but a carefully placed safety pin and a night of dancing seems to have sorted them out. Off to my hotel to lie down now - see you all soon - Helen

Thought it'd be fun if we post what we'll be wearing during the race, so people might recognize each other!

Just in case anyone does see me during the DL half, here's what I'll be looking like (blue under armor, navy blue shorts):
atlanta10k.jpg

And just to continue to verbalize my goal (I hear that's one of the things you're supposed to do), here's my one previous half finishing time from Austin 8 months ago that I'd like to beat:
FirstHalfMarathon.jpg

And my above and beyond would be ecstatic if I reached it goal is under 2:00:00!

1:59:59 here I come! :yay:

Great picture, Matt! I am assuming that is your "Minnie" -- Gorgeous, lit up happy smiles! Will be looking for you! Oh,and BTW, best of luck on your sub 2:00 goal. I know you can do it! :goodvibes:

We leave for DL in the morning! :Pinkbounc :banana:

I think I am almost ready. Just a little bit of last minute packing, shower, and hopefully some sleep before we go.

Helen, we will be planning to meet you around 12:00. I believe you have the phone #.

Lynnda, we'll see you on Tuesday!

TiffJ, RachaelQ, see you at ToT on Friday!

Hope those of you with blisters are doing better. I remember all too well my run-in with blisters during the Minnie 5K!

Time to go finish getting ready. Safe trip, everyone! :cheer2:

Matt,
That's a great time! I think I'll be corraled with you or at least near you. I'll keep an eye out for you. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of me and what I'll be wearing. But, I'll be wearing a red Nike shirt and black Nike shorts. Also, I'll be wearing these:
xl314324011.jpg

Those are great photos -- and I can totally relate to checking out the shoes around you. It always amazes me how many folks in my corral are wearing "my" shoes. I'm always tempted to say, "Hey, you have great taste in racewear!" :)

Three more "big sleeps" and I'm on a plane to Disneyland. Omigosh! :dumbo:

Another good idea! Here's mine:

TN609_0190L.jpg

Weren't cheap, but had a bad experience with a cheaper pair that I (gasp) ordered online, and ever since I switched it has been like running on buttah.

Hi guys!!! Its getting so close I can taste it :cool1:

Matt- I love your pics!!! I will be nowhere near you in the corrals, and you will have long had a shower by the time I finish, but maybe we'll see each other before hand. I loved hanging out in the staging area at WDW this year (even if it was 4:00 a.m. and FREEEEEEZING) You'll be at Napolini's, right?

I'll be wearing my WISH bracelet all week & have made a really cool lime green WISH shirt to wear on Friday.

I can't believe in 3 days I will be able to see where it all started :love:

So dont forget everyone:

Friday 2:00 ToT
Saturday 4:00 Napolini's

Is anyone brining name tags for Napolini's? If not, I can. I know that helped out this year in Jan to put screen name & real name on them.

I am getting so excited (& nervous - I hate flying)! We are also trying to do a will at home with software you buy at Staples. We are so bad - Zack is 3 and we have no will! Seeing we are going across country without him, we better get this done. (enough being a downer...)

Chad & I will try to make ToT Friday.
We are also planning on Napolini's Saturday.

See you guys real soon! :wave:

Hi everyone!

Just a reminder...

I'm going to be tracking fellow DISers that are running in the DL half and posting the updates as I get them so all of us at home can cheer you on. Several DISers have signed up so far. :banana:

If you would like to be tracked, please send me a pm with your registered first name and last name as well as your bib number. The more, the merrier!

Good luck to everyone! Hope you have a lot of fun and please post some pics when you get back! I can't wait to hear all about it. :cheer2:

Susie

Anaheim 9/17:
High 79°F Low 61°F Precip 20%
Max. Humidity: 59%

And here's something I hadn't thought of:
6:36 AM PT

Looks like all my time running through DL will be in the predawn light...

I have a question....for those of you that are staying at one of the DL hotels and don't need any sort of shuttle or transportation to the corrals....what time are you planning on leaving the hotel? I see it says they want us in position at 4:30AM!!! I am sure at WDW that is more of an issue since we are traveling further on property. But at DL do you think it is necessary to leave the hotel so early? I am by myself (well my mom is along to cheer me on) walking from the GC and I didn't figure on getting there quite that early. What do you think???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter