DisneyLAND bound!!

WDWFAN9

DIS Veteran
So, who's heading to California for the Disneyland INAUGURAL half marathon?

Thanks Maherae for the ticker!! I can't wait!!

Here is our team so far:

WDWFAN9 Pat WALKING Candy Cane Inn 9/13-18 bib 9170
WDWFAN9 DH Jim WALKING Candy Cane Inn 9/13-18 bib 9172
DianeL Diane WALKING DL Resort
TEK224 Terri Ramada Maingate
TiffJ Candy Cane Inn bib 6143
Kristi1357 Kristi HoJos 9/15-20 bib 9528
Kristi1357 DH Chad HoJos 9/15-20 bib 11666
keenercam Cam MOSTLY WALKING Candy Cane Inn 9/15-22 bib 7506
KeenHo Howard RUNNING Candy Cane Inn 9/15-22 bib 4077
Cam & Howard's DS 13 WISH scream team
Maherae Anne WALKING offsite 9/14-17 bib 10717
Maherae DH WALKING/RUNNING offsite 9/14-17 bib 10716
lap3 Grand Californian
littlegreydonkey Helen RUNNING Candy Cane Inn 9/14-22 bib 2974
crzy4pooh Lynnda 5K W/R Grand Californian 9/10-19
wfloyd RUNNING Grand Californian 9/10-19 bib 4074
crzy4pooh and wfloyd DS 3
debm undecided bib 6970
rKyDex Chester DL Hotel bib 9506
rKyDex DW Tracy DL Hotel bib 11800
Lisa loves Pooh Lisa Candy Cane Inn - staying home growing her "bean"
msblrobs Sara Park Vue Inn bib 4533
msblrobs DH Mike Park Vue Inn bib 4532
TXBelle Heather DL Hotel bib 7479
TXBelle DM DL Hotel WISH scream team
Barbday62 Park Place Inn Best Western
Rachael Q Rachael WALKING/RUNNING bib 7499
AprilN April RUNNING Doubletree Anaheim 9/16-18 bib 2757
AprilN DH Walt and parents WISH scream team
DisneyGirl Marissa Grand Californian
beentherealot RUNNING bib 2995
getnthinr Wendy WALKING Paradise Pier 9/14-20 bib 7457
Judy from Boise Disneyland Hotel
Judy from Boise DH Disneyland Hotel
tennisnut Susan WALKING/RUNNING Grand Californian
tennisnut DH Tim RUNNING Grand Californian
goingthedistance Paul Ramada Maingate 9/14-18 bib 2339
" DW Beckie Ramada Maingate 9/14-18
" DB Daniel Ramada Maingate 9/14/18
lesroi Tracy WALKING
lesroi DH Scott RUNNING
thndrmatt Matt bib 1773
dlander Jenn
MickeySP Lisa DLH 9/14 bib 9159
MickeySP DS Geoff DLH 9/14 bib 7953

Please let me know of any additions or corrections! We are going to have a blast!

We're now arriving a day earlier then planned but at least we now have our flights booked and our 1st night has been reserved so we'll be at the Expo when it opens :) Can't wait! I just wish the rain would stop so my park would cease flooding! LOL

2 walkers (though I'm jogging more and more) for the 1/2 and 2 are planned for the 5K so we'll be at the 5K to cheer themon :)

It's coming so fast, I'm going between days of can't wait and excitement to days of "OMG! what have I done!" it's those days that require DH repeating till he's hoarse that I've finished one so I CAN do this to pull me back from the edge :blush:

Hope everyone's training is going well and that your weather is behaving :sunny: We have our 8K this Saturday and a 10K on 6/4. Those are our last planned small races so we can be just focused on training although if the flooded park doesn't stop soon I might switch to Triathlons :rotfl2:

We'll be at the DL Resort :cool1:

Booked my flight earlier this week, have a room at the Ramada Maingate.

Only 123 days :crazy: I better get my butt in gear! :teeth:
I'll be mixing up the walking and running!

Terri

I am so excited about this race! It's coming up quickly. Mom (my racing buddy) and I will be there. We are staying at the Candy Cane Inn. So WISH I could have gotten a room at the DLH since I will probably never make it out to DL again. Anyone else doing the parks? I figure since we've never been & might not go back (at least for a long time) then we need to go see everything :cool1:

We will be getting in Friday and staying at HoJos. We plan on staying and doing the parks Mon & Tues, flying home weds. Dh is doing the half. I will be doing the 5k.

I am not-so-patiently waiting for Southwest to open up so I can book flights!

We are going to be at the Candy Cane Inn Friday through Thursday -- taking DS13 this trip since DD will be in her first semester of college. We've never been there before and can't anticipate going back anytime soon, so we are doing the parks AFTER the race. DH is running it and I am walking it. I don't remember -- is there a pacing requirement for this?

Hi All!

Looks like we are going to be a fun group! Cam, this event has the same pacing requirements as WDW, 16 minute miles. DH and I will be walking just fast enough to avoid the sweepers (and still have time to take a few pictures!!). Unfortunately, due to when DH could get time off from work, we will be doing all of our sight-seeing before the DL half. Not ideal, but what can ya do??

Later today I will start a list in the first post so we can have all our info in one spot. I seem to remember a while back there was talk of meeting at the Candy Cane pool. We need to start thinking about what will work best for everyone. DH and I arrive Thursday (may push that back to Weds) and leave Monday.

Only 122 days to go!!

Hello, all! :wave: DH and I will arrive Thursday, do the parks Friday, REST on Saturday, 1/2 marathon Sunday and fly to Vegas Sunday evening! The only way I was able to register us for the DL was that it was near the time of his family's yearly trip to Vegas. His aunt is putting us up, so no hotel fees. We plan to meet up with everyone at Candy Cane Inn. It will be great to see you all again! :cool1: Anne

Hey Maherae, DH and I are starting our vacation in Vegas (his special place). We are spending a couple of nights there and then moving on to Zion and Bryce National Parks, then back to Vegas, then flying to CA. I would have preferred to do our vacationing after the half, but DH couldn't get the time off later in the month, so we had no choice.

I am really excited about DL. It has been many years since I've been there, and I am anxious to check it out.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of my WISH teammates in Sept!

We'll be there as well and staying at the Grand Californian. If I don't get to meet up with the fellow DISers, I'll keep an eye out for you. Good luck on your training!

I'm there, at the Candy Cane from Thursday till the next Friday. Spose I'd better start running more than once a week again soon (hence my disappearing from the boards, not sure 'didnt run today' is hugely motivating to anyone!!!). Good news is my Hal Higdon beginners programme - seems funny saying that as it's my 14th half but slackers must do what slackers must do!!! - starts me with just 3 mile runs which I can handle even though it is a very wet winter here at the moment. Helen

Dh (wfloyd) and I will be there - staying at Grand Californian. Dh is running the half and I am doing the 5K. We will be in San Diego for the week of Labor Day, then a week at DL before the half. I think we fly out the day after the half. We have never been to California, and don't know that we will ever get to go again, so we are definitely doing all the parks and sights around LA and San Diego. (Well, as much as we can do with a 3yo without wearing him out too much...) ;) I can't wait to see you all! If anyone wants to do a WISH meet earlier in the week, we would definitely be interested.

By the way, does anyone have recommendations for a hotel in San Diego? We have done lots of research, but nothing has really jumped out at us (that we can afford). :blush: I guess I need to check the DL board, as well. Any ideas from you all?

Thanks!
Lynnda

crzy4pooh said:
By the way, does anyone have recommendations for a hotel in San Diego? We have done lots of research, but nothing has really jumped out at us (that we can afford). :blush: I guess I need to check the DL board, as well. Any ideas from you all?

Thanks!
Lynnda
Hi Lynnda,
There are some great hotels(and some bad ones) in San Diego. It depends on where you want to stay and how much you're willing to spend. We like the Mission Bay area because of it's location and views. I think we got the Sheraton for like $100/night through priceline.com. My suggestion to you would be to post this over on the Disneyland boards as there are quite a few of the San Diegans that hang out over there. Good luck!

lap3 said:
Hi Lynnda,
There are some great hotels(and some bad ones) in San Diego. It depends on where you want to stay and how much you're willing to spend. We like the Mission Bay area because of it's location and views. I think we got the Sheraton for like $100/night through priceline.com. My suggestion to you would be to post this over on the Disneyland boards as there are quite a few of the San Diegans that hang out over there. Good luck!

Thanks! I will check on the DL board. We were originally looking at Mission Bay hotels, but the ones with the best reviews are a bit pricey. (Go figure... :rolleyes: ) We are trying to decide how much time we would actually spend at the bay to see if it is worth the extra money. We could go inland a little and get a suite (separate room for DS...) for less. :confused3 How was the Sheraton? Was there anything you didn't like? Could you see the other area hotels - anything to avoid?

Thanks again for the info! I'm getting sooooo excited! I keep showing DS pics of Disneyland every couple of days. (He is probably tired of them, but I'm not!!!) ;)

Can't wait to see you all!!!

--Lynnda

crzy4pooh said:
Thanks! I will check on the DL board. We were originally looking at Mission Bay hotels, but the ones with the best reviews are a bit pricey. (Go figure... :rolleyes: ) We are trying to decide how much time we would actually spend at the bay to see if it is worth the extra money. We could go inland a little and get a suite (separate room for DS...) for less. :confused3 How was the Sheraton? Was there anything you didn't like? Could you see the other area hotels - anything to avoid?

Thanks again for the info! I'm getting sooooo excited! I keep showing DS pics of Disneyland every couple of days. (He is probably tired of them, but I'm not!!!) ;)

Can't wait to see you all!!!

--Lynnda
We liked the Sheraton a lot! The view was very nice and it's very close to Sea World(less than a mile away), Seaport Village, Old Town, etc... If we didn't book through priceline, we would still choose the Sheraton. It is very close to the airport but we found that the planes flying by never bothered us. As far as other hotels, I don't remember seeing other hotels around. Now, if you stayed in Hotel Circle, then you would see a LOT of hotels around. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the Sheraton. Just my 2 cents...

I'm going now!!! I had resigned myself to the fact that I just couldn't afford it and couldn't take the time to go. BUT we are cancelling our eastbound TransAtlantic on the Magic next summer :sad: so we now have some more $$ and days of leave. Now I am going to make plans for DisneyWorld in January too!! So today I'm working on where to stay and airlines. I have registered to race with the Run for Our Sons team already. No one has posted much recently about DL---is everyone just too busy training? I want to read something!! I'm wondering if I should stay at Paradise Pier (rate of $135/night) or stay at the Radisson Maingate ($80/night thru AAA). Is the extra money worth it for PP? Anyone? Thanks! I'm just so excited! :Pinkbounc

debm said:
I'm going now!!! I had resigned myself to the fact that I just couldn't afford it and couldn't take the time to go. BUT we are cancelling our eastbound TransAtlantic on the Magic next summer :sad: so we now have some more $$ and days of leave. Now I am going to make plans for DisneyWorld in January too!! So today I'm working on where to stay and airlines. I have registered to race with the Run for Our Sons team already. No one has posted much recently about DL---is everyone just too busy training? I want to read something!! I'm wondering if I should stay at Paradise Pier (rate of $135/night) or stay at the Radisson Maingate ($80/night thru AAA). Is the extra money worth it for PP? Anyone? Thanks! I'm just so excited! :Pinkbounc

:wave2: Glad you are going to be able to join us! Just 110 days from today!! I've never stayed at DL before (I am a WDW fan) so I am really looking forward to checking out Walt's original park. Hopefully someone else can ehlp with your hotel decision.

2 more heading to the DL 1/2.

My wife and are will be flying in on the 16th and we are staying a the DL Hotel. This will be my 2nd 1/2 marathon and the first for my wife. We see it a a good incentive to start early training for the 2007 WDW marathon.

Chester and Tracy

debm said:
I don't post as much just because I'm in crunch time to get my training dialed for my first Ironman.

As for hotels, we've always stayed at the DLH. However, since we've got some loose change, we thought we'd open up the wallet a bit and splurge on the GC. I don't know if any of the DL resorts have rooms available now but you should give them a call. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter