DisneyLAND bound!!

DebM, not stayed at PP but I know at one point they weren't showing availability. I have stayed at the Radisson a few years ago. It was okay, a nice basic motel. We liked the fact that it had indoor corridors so I could look out the window, and when we had a room in the main building we faced toward the park so could just see the fireworks. It might be worth checking the new Sheraton on Harbour though - it's opposite the Radisson, used to be the West Coast but has been rebranded and completely refurbished. That's where we started staying after the Radisson, we're only not staying there this time because they hadn't opened bookings on the website when I entered DL - and I had to know I had a room so we went with the CCI. If it's open yet, and they've kept the same basic shape and amenities, the pool is much bigger,the rooms are much bigger, they have balconies and one half of the hotel has park views, and they might have opening offers.

We are now booked at the Candy Cane in Friday night through Thursday night and today I booked our flights (non-stop on Southwest) from Philadelphia to LAX (cost and availability for Orange County was terrible!). We arrive Friday 9/15 at about 12:30 pm and fly home the following Friday around 1:20 pm.

As soon as I have some time, I am going to try to start doing some real planning. Looks like I can get discounted multi-day tickets on my passport to savings membership, but will have to compare the prices at various sources for the best bargain.

Sorry I have no information to contribute in the way of hotel choices, etc. Just hoping whatever I am pulling together turns out to be a good choice.

I just booked our SW tix now. We are lucky that we could choose what flights we wanted since we have free tix from rapid rewards. We will arrive Thursday night and come home the following Wednesday.

Cam - we are staying at the HoJos with a Disneyland view room. :yay: When I booked awhile ago, the Candy Cane was full for the weekend.

I am off to check out car rental deals now that the flight is set in stone...I have to look into DL ticket pricing too. Not sure if we are going to do 2 or 3 days yet.

I have a place to stay!! Not what I was expecting but we ended up at Grand Californian. I ended up using our DVC points because DH said he would rather do that than spend the cash. I'm not complaining because I got a DL resort. There wasn't much left though so I'm glad I have something booked. Thanks for everyone's input. Now I need to keep the training up. Have a great weekend! :thumbsup2

We will be in DL for oour anniversary from either 9/10 or 9/11. Checking out on the 15th and heading south to San Diego and checking into a timeshare there. Hopefully we can meet up with some of you who are coming in a little early for the race. Unfortunately, we will not be in DL for race day.

I still have to book a hotel for the DL portion of our trip. I'm waiting for some info I ordered from AAA on their package deals as they seem to offer some good perks. We did stay at HoJo's for our wedding trip, so that's a possibility or maybe PP since that's where we were married. I'd love to stay at GC, but the checkbook doesn't think so! :confused3 :teeth:

I am reserved for the Candy Cane Inn and hubby used skymiles to get me an airplane ticket..so I'M IN!!!!!!!

I am flying in Friday night and red-eyeing it out Sunday night.

I figure with the time change in my favor--that would be okay. Hubby is in DC (as am I for the next two months :))...so he has to fly home for me to fly out--so this is a coordinated effort we have going.

Lisa loves Pooh said:
I am reserved for the Candy Cane Inn and hubby used skymiles to get me an airplane ticket..so I'M IN!!!!!!!

I am flying in Friday night and red-eyeing it out Sunday night.

I figure with the time change in my favor--that would be okay. Hubby is in DC (as am I for the next two months :))...so he has to fly home for me to fly out--so this is a coordinated effort we have going.

Glad you are going to be able to make it to DL!! :banana:

Just in case anybody was wondering.....108 days til the DL Inaugural Half!!

Uh oh Pat!! I'd better start getting those steps in :banana: Let's hope I don't melt (well a little might be o.k. :teeth: ) Cant wait to see you all there!

If anyone still needs a room Anthony Travel is handling it for DL & they show rooms available (and race entry) they are great to deal with, I used them for the Minnie Marathon.

DH (Mike) and I are in for the DL 1/2. We're flying into Orange County on Friday evening and staying at the Park Vue Inn until Tuesday. I also have reservations at the Candy Cane Inn that I have to cancel. I just can't pass up the price at the Park Vue and it's directly across the street from the pedestrian entrance to DL.

LLP - So glad you're able to go to DL!! :woohoo:

Are we planning on any definite pre-race WISH meets?

msblrobs said:
DH (Mike) and I are in for the DL 1/2. We're flying into Orange County on Friday evening and staying at the Park Vue Inn until Tuesday. I also have reservations at the Candy Cane Inn that I have to cancel. I just can't pass up the price at the Park Vue and it's directly across the street from the pedestrian entrance to DL.

LLP - So glad you're able to go to DL!! :woohoo:

Are we planning on any definite pre-race WISH meets?

:cheer2: Glad to hear you are going to be in DL too!! We need to brainstorm about some meet ideas....

I haven't been to DL in 30 years and DH has never been, so we feel like such newbies trying to decide what we want to do. WDW planning is a piece of cake!

ONLY 103 days from today :woohoo:

Pat?

When are you going to kick in with hours:minutes:seconds till race day? LMBO

Love the countdown reminders!!!! I keep forgetting to check my countdown at home.

Hoping to get in some running tonight. I did 2 trips to the park on Sunday and the 2nd trip quite a bit of running, wore myself out for Monday so was a couch potato! LOL

Happy Training to all!!!!

Diane,

I don't know how to get a countdown ticker, so I do it the old-fashioned way!

I have a small 'motivation' section on the wall of my cube at work that has the picture in my siggie with my Donald medal from last January, a picture of me and Lily with John Bingham in Columbus, a picture of my DS and myself with our Penguin medals from Columbus, I've printed out "The miracle isn't that I finished...the miracle is that I had the courage to start" and pinned a manual countdown to the Chicago half (68 days), DL half (103 days), and WDW full (215 days). It really helps to keep me focused. I will be adding a few other inspirational quotes from the thread that is going on (sorry forgot who started it!). Time flies when you are having fun!! I am so looking forward to seeing my fellow WISHers in DL and WDW.

Hey Pat!

I used to have a pic of me and Susan with our medals at the finish but then I changed jobs and haven't taken them in yet :) I might tomorrow :)

My 2 favorite inspiration things (besides gazing lovingly at my donald LOL) is the song "we go on" from Illuminations. I just love that line "moving foward with the spirit born to run" or close to that. I hear that song and think of all of us starting in the dark waiting to meet that 'new day' and there is a another part to that line that "moving forward as one, with the spirit born to run" THAT'S the entire line! LOL finally came to me. I love that! I hear it and think of all of us moving forward as the fireworks go off.

Recently there is a song on the stations called UNWRITTEN. Lines from it are how the "page is unwritten, ending unplanned" <-- loosely paraphrasing but our race isn't written yet, the ending is unplanned!

"feel the rain on your skin, no one else can feel it for you" <--- only we can run our race, only we can get to the finish line and get those medals and the feeling of accomplishing something amazing.

and "reaching for something in the distance, so close you can almost taste it" <---- i LOVE that line.

I kept bringing it up on Sunday during our 2nd park outing and ended up running 4 sections (distance unknown but rather far for me) and it was very inspiring as I ran over the trail hearing again how only I can run my race and each day I train it's me reaching for that medal in the distance :goodvibes

Natasha Bedingfield is the singer. It's a POP song.

Did everyone recieve the DL newsletter in their email today? I'm not sure if it will forward ok but if someone needs it I can. It's nothing really new but I just love seeing them when they pop up in my email. A nice reminder of something wonderful coming our way :)

I CAN'T WAIT!!! LOL PAT!!! How much longer now? LMBO 9 hours since you last told us? LOL I'd use a bouncing smiley here but frankly they're going to slow for my excited mood

Yes!! I got the DL email today too :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I am going to have to get serious about planning for DL. Anybody have any ideas for a WISH meet??

We really have no plans beyond planning on being at the Expo at 10 am on Friday (opening i believe) and we have to check in at the volunteer desk too.

We'll be at the DL Hotel so if you see 4 ladies with Pal Mickeys you'll have spotted us LOL All of us can't wait for our relaxing, fun, be a kid again weekend.

What was the DL email about? I didn't get it--did it come from race registration? I'm just so excited too! We will also be checking in on Friday and volunteering that day too. I'm wondering if I'm the only one that wasn't planning on going into the parks that entire weekend. It's just me and my mom going and I figured she wouldn't be interested in riding Peter Pan with me! Plus we have been at WDW 3 times this year. But now I'm wondering if I will want to at least go ride the new POTC and see the Nemo ride, etc. How could I not? I must rethink this!!

Just got back from 5 miler and it's early here and a great way to start the day! Have a good one everyone!!

I am registered for the DL 1/2. I was able to get a room at the DL Hotel! I have always wanted to stay there. I look forward to seeing all my WISH friends again! :goodvibes

I have got to go buy my DL guidebook. I know WDW inside & out but neither me or mom has been to DL. We are going to the parks a couple of days. We have to go check it out since it will be a long time before we go back (if ever) We have thought about volunteering too. What are you guys volunteering for? 5k race or expo? 5k has shorter work time but its so early , expo has longer time but not so early.

As far as WISH meet, we had talked about a pool party at Candy Cane.

Diane-I love that song! It so applies to what we are all doing :goodvibes

My mom and I have volunteered at the Expo. I'm not much of a morning person, even though the time change will help. I was a bit nervous about getting up so early to do the 5K! Now that I'm thinking of going into the parks though I am worried about spending so much time at the expo. I don't want to do a full day in the parks like we do with the kids though. So buying 2 days of tickets for only half days....don't know if I should. I'm looking forward to volunteering though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter