DisneyDMBNut FINALLY got her dream wedding!! VR Trip Report

i would put it on your contract when you send it in..
I didn't change mine till I got the paperwork 30 days before

Photos and MORE photos!!

We all left Palo and agreed to meet for the karaoke in the club. We had done this on the first cruise (where we sang "I Got You Babe) and it was Friday night on the 2nd cruise.
First, we went to our room to regroup..When we got there, the had set up champagne and chocolate strawberries for us!! Yum!!
We didn't stay long..I wanted to get the most out of my dress and my wedding day. I also wanted to get a shot in the atrium with the ship background.
We got down there and did our pictures..I really wasn't happy with the way they turned out, but as we were getting the shots, the photographer suggested we get our picture taken with the white background. I thought the white would wash us out and protested, but after being prodded, we went over. Our friends Ophie and Tzman were there having their shot done.
They make you take off your shoes to step on the background. I had these shots done on the 2006 cruise with my mom (all with matching dresses) and I liked the barefoot idea.
Ophie shot some pictures of us being photographed..no flash so she wouldn't mess up the photographer:
qswlde.jpg

11h3sav.jpg

28wcnz5.jpg

Then we took some pictures with O&T :
vnh7oi.jpg

1zdsop0.jpg

6z9gld.jpg

14wxhc3.jpg

The lifestyle pictures ended up being the one of the smartest shots we did!! They came out awesome, and we ended up using them as some of out photo allowance!
2aj3mkn.jpg

24ec8r6.jpg

207nods.jpg

Now it was time to go find our group and head to the club..We found them all hanging out in Cheri's room...The BRIDE WANTS TO PARTY!!
fbxpx3.jpg

YAY Betsy...How did I miss that you had started back up...oh yeah I was away getting married...LOL :lmao:

You looked so pretty!!!

So..time to Paarrrtttyyyy!!

We all head down to Wavebands to have our post ceremony party..We had already done karaoke on the first night of our cruise so Trent was very familiar with our loud group!!

Before starting the show, he had Rick and I come up and introduced us and had us dace to "Going to the Chapel"
akied0.jpg

2vuasm9.jpg

qrxnh5.jpg

vr4vnl.jpg

Then..I had to go find a ladies room with my ladies!!! nothing like a corset to make you need all the girls to help you out and hold you up!!
f35r1e.jpg

Then it was time for my solo to my new husband...
"i made it through the wilderness....somehow I made it throu hoo
Didn't know how lost I was, until I found you...

21bnkh3.jpg

wv4yma.jpg

6xvs7d.jpg

Question for DCL brides: I got my info from Cathy which lists the cake choices. My problem is that I don't know what to choose! How did you choose cake flavors without being able to taste them first? And which did you have and was it a good choice? The choices I was given are:

Cake flavors: Chocolate, white, yellow, marble and lemon

Filling flavors: Chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse, strawberry mousse, passion fruit mousse, mango mousse, bavarian cream and butter cream...

originally, I didn't like the way anything sounded so I went with yellow cake and buttercream..i had planned to ask for Palo's chocolate sauce to drizzle over

a few weeks before the cruise (about the time I got my contract) i thought of having almond extract added to the cake and changing the flowers to green

Cathy sent an email to the pastry chef to see if it was possible and he/she confirmed it was no problem

When they served the cake, Palo had chocolate and vanilla sauce for the guests to drizzle..I would KILL for another piece of that cake!!!!!

Question for DCL brides: I got my info from Cathy which lists the cake choices. My problem is that I don't know what to choose! How did you choose cake flavors without being able to taste them first? And which did you have and was it a good choice? The choices I was given are:

Cake flavors: Chocolate, white, yellow, marble and lemon

Filling flavors: Chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse, strawberry mousse, passion fruit mousse, mango mousse, bavarian cream and butter cream...

We did the chocolate cake with strawberry mousse......YUMMY.

You just need to trust that nothing will taste bad. One of the diser's saw my cake being decorated the day of the VR, so it is FRESH!!!!

Go with you gut.

cheryl

sorry for butting in Betsy

we are going with Chocolate cake with white chocolate mousee and white cake with chocolate mousse. sounds easiest, and hopefully hard to screw up.

well folks!!

That about wraps up the VR portion of the cruise!

I am now in a deep photo depression!! I will try to get the final Castaway Cay day posted which included our personal tour of the Bridge!!!

well folks!!

That about wraps up the VR portion of the cruise!

I am now in a deep photo depression!! I will try to get the final Castaway Cay day posted which included our personal tour of the Bridge!!!

Betsy, you need to scrapbook the entire trip so you can look at it daily....that's what I did for about 6 months!! Now, I open the book up about once per week.

che

i am bad at scrapbooking..I have all kinds of scraps from the cruise, but no talet for scrapbooking

Cheryl - I am going to send you a big box of stuff and hire you to make me one!!

i am bad at scrapbooking..I have all kinds of scraps from the cruise, but no talet for scrapbooking

Cheryl - I am going to send you a big box of stuff and hire you to make me one!!

Would love to....and I won't charge you a dime. Creative Memories make a Red Mickey 12 x 12 album that is perfect for such an occasion!!! I actually used their brown "leather" looking one with a gold compass on the front, thought it looked quite nautical. I will be in your neck of the woods in March for son's birthday, so we should meet up and you can fork over the goods.....save postage one way!! :goodvibes And we could have dinner at one of their fine dining establishments. I already have all my AD's booked, but would change if we were to meet up.

cheryl

I love your TR and your wedding was beautiful!! I keep looking at your pictures and dreaming about my DCL VR!!

Your weight loss has really inspired me to start watching what I eat and working out again. After my last abdominal surgery, I was up to 210 at 5'2'' - not good. I managed to get down to 150 last year, but it has been creeping back up slowly. I was at 170, but I've managed to get off 8 lbs. Looking at your picks just completely inspires me. I want to look good in my dress too!! If I can lose another 25lbs, I can actually wear my original dress!!! Anyway...everything looked great! Keep posting pictures everywhere! I love them.

Thank you!!

I can now announce that my VR has been featured in the Passporter's Guide to Disney Weddings & Honeymoons
My husband being photographed on deck
246vrrs.jpg

My VR has several pictures and so does Lisa's Castaway Cay Wedding (the book is written by lurkyloo)

Thank you!!

I can now announce that my VR has been featured in the Passporter's Guide to Disney Weddings & Honeymoons
My husband being photographed on deck
246vrrs.jpg

My VR has several pictures and so does Lisa's Castaway Cay Wedding (the book is written by lurkyloo)

Betsy I saw one of your posts and I am in love with DFTW's and VR's and I am so doing one. My DH just shakes his head. I wish I would have thought about it the first time to get married there. I think it's cool that you VR is features in the Passporter's Guide, maybe soon I can get one of those books to use for my VR.

Thank You!!

It really was so awesome and I just loved the result!

I am now trying to convince DH to have another VR at WDW..at first I thought about the WP, but now I am thinking about the sand at the Poly

8 more years to plan!! hahah

I notice in you pictures at Palo, that you daughter is not there.
Even for a special occasion in the"special room" they do not make exceptions?

I was seriously considering asking for many of the same things, but I think if my DD 15 was left out of cake cutting, and toasts, and such. Then I will leave things the way they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter