Disney Wonder Sept 3-7, 2006 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I previously posted about my mail delivery problem, i just wanted to pass along another FYI..
Per my call to DCL today, tickets are printed and mailed 30 days prior to departure (in our case Aug 4th). The good news is that they are sent UPS and not regular mail. I will sleep better knowing that.

43 days until we leave for WDW :cool1:

Luv2Travel said:
Was that me? :confused: I graduated from Auburn (War Eagle :cheer2: ), but I don't remember mentioning that. :scratchin Hmmm, what else have I babbled on about? :rolleyes: My DH and I will be in football mode by then, but we'll try to behave at the dinner table. ;) :teeth:

Why :confused3 ? I love a good football rivalry. DBF is pretty laid back except when we are watching an actual game. Otherwise it is very hard to get him riled (sp?) up about it.

taeja71 said:
I vote for the cheapest one! It won't be the exact color, but we'll get more text for our $$$. This is the one where we have to pay for shipping correct? If we choose this one, then I suggest we order on our own. Just my 2cents.

What are your thoughts all? :hourglass

I second that vote.

Now what will the saying be?

NJBILL said:
As I previously posted about my mail delivery problem, i just wanted to pass along another FYI..
Per my call to DCL today, tickets are printed and mailed 30 days prior to departure (in our case Aug 4th). The good news is that they are sent UPS and not regular mail. I will sleep better knowing that.

43 days until we leave for WDW :cool1:
I'm sure my TA will be getting my docs to me at the last possible minute. :furious:

Perhaps those of you who booked through DCL directly will get your docs earlier than those who used a TA. Good luck to all! Please let us know when everyone receives their documents. It will be interesting to see when everyone gets theirs.

August 4th, wooo hoooo, I will be sitting at my mail box alllll day long. Maybe to get in the spirit I'll even wear my favorite Winnie the Pooh t-shirt.

Hey, what do I have to lose? My mail lady already thinks I'm a little whacko after I freaked out when the DCL planning kit came in the mail :banana:

At least I know that you guys can understand my excitement over getting mail from a mouse.....

Now down to business, :rotfl:

I like either bracelet, and I don't mind ordering my own if necessary. I like any saying you come up with that has the date and the ship's name in it.
I like the options that have been previously posted, something along the lines of "Its time*9/3/06*Disney Wonder"

I was wondering if it would disappoint people too much if I only got pencils and glow bracelets and NOT the pencil toppers. I didn't really find any that were very economical for what I felt you were gettin'.

Is there an official count yet for goodie bags so I know how many to order?

Well I hope you guys are all enjoying your nice warm weather. (Suzanne hope your rash is clearing up so you can come out and play too ... :teeth: )

lunamum said:
"Its time*9/3/06*Disney Wonder"

I was wondering if it would disappoint people too much if I only got pencils and glow bracelets and NOT the pencil toppers. I didn't really find any that were very economical for what I felt you were gettin'.

)

That's my favorite saying so far as well.

Do not worry about the pencil toppers. What you have is great.

Last count I saw was 24 kids. I haven't seen anyone add on since then. I PM'd Dawn G. aka Blackunicorn to tell her I got the goodie bags (50) and some gummy skull and crossbones (86). If the bags are too small, I have enough bags for each child to get two bags of goodies :goodvibes As long as I'm right in the 24 kids thing :confused3

Luna mom you are so sweet I think anything you got will be appreciated :cool1: The rash is looking good this afternoon but I've been popping benadryl like candy. I wasn't a very alert lifeguard this afternoon. Luckily my dh was home today too.

Hey Vicki we have the same pool hours or we're open till the mosquitos take over. They were bad last nightUgh!!

Kerryand Lori how were your weekend getaways?

It's getting closer.................

Suzanne

lunamum said:

Well I hope you guys are all enjoying your nice warm weather. (Suzanne hope your rash is clearing up so you can come out and play too ... :teeth: )

No, it's fine. We're getting so much stuff, that someone might be grateful that they have the opportunity to buy the pencil toppers. (Especially since the black spots are sold out. :sad: ) I'll update the list in just a second, I promise.

As for the bracelets, for me it's more important that we're able to get the whole phrase on than it is for the color to be right. Just do be aware that if we all order seperately, then it will boost the cost a bit. In my case, this is not an issue--The cost for shipping won't be different enough to make a difference to me. And it does make everything a lot more convenient--no worrying about whether I'll get them in time for me to send them out to you, or whether they'll get lost in the mail, etc. Call me lazy, but I like convenient :cloud9: .

Dawn

I'm good with the darker bracelets. Could someone possibly post the entire order....link to which website we are talking about, color choice, exact phrase, etc.... so that everyone has it available when they order? This way we can get the ball rolling with ordering them in case we run into a delay.

LCTsMom said:
Do you serve food/drinks/alcohol 24/7 or does the bar close? :confused3 :teeth: :lmao:

Sorry the bar closes at 9pm! :rotfl2:

I am flexible about the bracelets, I will go with the majority!

It is such a shame our dog hates the water:

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

Please be sure to check to make sure all information is correct. PM Blackunicorn if I've missed any information. Thank you!

Cruisin' Goodies

Goody swap on Nassau day 9:00AM at Cove Cafe

Vicki aka Purplern -- 1 girl princess:
Pirate tattoos --144
Pirate stickers -- 100
Pirate flags -- 48
Treasure maps -- 48
Pirate sayings silicone bracelets -- 36

TaeJa aka taeja71 -- 2 girls, 1 boy princess: princess: pirate:
Plastic bling-bling rings -- 24
Necklaces -- 70

Kerry aka Ker-Bear -- 1 boy pirate:
Goody bags -- 50
Gummy skull and crossbones -- 86

Lisa aka LCTsMom and friend Tammy-- 1 girl, 4 boys princess: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:
Flashing skull magnetic pins -- 48
Pirate hackey sacks -- 48

Jessica aka Luv2Travel -- 1 girl, 2 boys princess: pirate: pirate:
Treasure chest candy -- 24
Pirate earrings

Dawn G. aka Blackunicorn -- 1 girl, 1 boy princess: pirate:
Glow-in-the-dark bracelets -- 40
Black spots -- 24
Pirate skull necklaces -- 36
Pirate mugs -- 36
Pirate sayings silicone bracelets -- 24

ReallyFunMom -- 2 boys pirate: pirate:
Eyepatches -- 30
Replica coins -- 64
Coin pouches -- 30

Suzanne aka suzannef -- 4 girls, 1 boy princess: princess: princess: princess: pirate:
Pirate sword pens -- 36
Gold and silver bubble gum coins -- 100
Assorted jewels -- 150
Pirate telescopes -- 24
Pirate enamel charms -- 36

Lori aka mom_of_2_princesses -- 2 girls princess: princess:
Pirate pinwheels
Yo-yos

Lunasmum --
Pirate pencils
Glow-in-the-dark bracelets

Items in black have been purchased. I'll add the amounts when I know them.
Items in gray are items that I've been told are being considered.

Need ideas? Want to shop? Check out these websites:

orientaltradingcompany.com -- do a keyword search for pirate or tropical
deadmentellnotales.com
birthdayexpress.com

Some Suggested Items are:

Moustaches
Pirate blow-outs
Spyglasses
Treasure chests
Pirate pencil toppers

There are 24 kids signed up for Cruisin' Goodies!
See the cruise list at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=785829&page=161&pp=15

Okay, as far as I know, the message will look like this...

It's Time! Disney Wonder 9/3/06

And the current website in the majority is shanrene.com for which I can't find the exact link.

purplern, I love it!

we have had our "new" dog for almost 3 weeks now (I say "new" because he is a 2 year old rescue) and have learned that the squirt bottle is less of a deterrant because he loves water so much he will LIFT THE CLOSED TOILET LID to get a special drink.

we have to keep the bathroom doors closed.

yeah - so we squirt him when he is being naughty, and he looks at his wet fur and back at us as if to say BRING IT, HUMAN!

Which font are we using on the bracelet?

purplern said:
I hear ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My DS got DD hooked on Kingdom hearts :thumbsup2
KINGDOM HEARTS? What are they? :confused3

20 pages posted today while I was at work. You are amazing. :thumbsup2

96 degrees according to the thermometer in the car as I drove in Indianapolis today. At least we had a breeze to temper it some.
Jan :earsgirl:

purplern said:
It is such a shame our dog hates the water:

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

Aww.. he's so cute!

I put Rink in our pool today.. and he can swim, but he's so small the waves kinda knock him around :rotfl: so I think he'll need to stay out of the water for awhile.. We've got an inground pool though, so the Vet said I needed to make sure he could swim.. It was definitely cute to watch, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter