Disney Wish AquaMouse

SVL

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me if I can wear or hold eyeglasses on the AquaMouse? Both my husband and I wear glasses, no contacts, and have eyesight poor enough that entering and exiting without our glasses would be extremely difficult, especially if we have to walk around at all to meet back up with each other. My oldest daughter could ride alone (she’s 10), but my youngest will need an adult with her (she’s 5), so at least one of us would really like to be able to ride.

We have prescription goggles and the kids wear them on the water slides without any issue. I highly recommend prescription goggles for water sports! Buy them on Amazon, even if the prescription isn’t exact just pick the lowest but closest prescription and they work great.

We have prescription goggles and the kids wear them on the water slides without any issue. I highly recommend prescription goggles for water sports! Buy them on Amazon, even if the prescription isn’t exact just pick the lowest but closest prescription and they work great.
That’s a great idea - I did not know these existed as I don’t wear glasses. But great solution!

Since we are talking about AquaMouse here, hope it's OK to pose a related question.

What do people do with their things when riding? Am I just supposed to leave my lanyard with my phone, room key, ID, credit card randomly lying around? Are their lockers or anything on pool deck? I had thought to put at least my phone/key card etc in a zip lock bag or small case and wear it in my spibelt during our pool time or on Aquamouse, and I do have a strap for my glasses. But I'm not sure what to do now. It's only myself and grandchild, so I can't leave with another family member. Also I hear people talk about embarking day, that they have a bag they use for their pool stuff and their purse with cash, passport etc so they can change and hit the pool areas, but again, I'm not sure I want to leave that just sitting around. I mean I'm sure most people are decent and honest, but.....
And I also wear glasses, which I could leave in a case I suppose with my towel, assuming someone doesn't just assume I've left and clean up, and then my glasses are who knows where. I don't have the concern I can't see enough to get around, but man those progressive lenses are expensive, don't want to lose them, with my towel and water shoes nearby while watching/playing with my grandkid in pool is one thing, but totally away for awhile is another.

Total cruising newbie here. Heading out on the Wish in August.

We never carried our credit card or ID around the boat, just our key card and we left it in a chair with towels and hats, sandals, etc. I recommend leaving valuables in your room when using the pools / slides. I highly doubt anyone will take your sandals or clothes left at the chair, just put your keycard under a towel if you’re going in the water.

We never carried our credit card or ID around the boat, just our key card and we left it in a chair with towels and hats, sandals, etc. I recommend leaving valuables in your room when using the pools / slides. I highly doubt anyone will take your sandals or clothes left at the chair, just put your keycard under a towel if you’re going in the water.
This. If I know I’m going to be riding Aquaduck/Aquamouse then I leave my phone in the stateroom. Left clothing/flip flops/lanyard etc on a chair or in a cubby and had no issues.

This. If I know I’m going to be riding Aquaduck/Aquamouse then I leave my phone in the stateroom. Left clothing/flip flops/lanyard etc on a chair or in a cubby and had no issues.
I definitely will be leaving stuff in stateroom as much as possible; but most people staterooms aren't available on first day until later. I had thought to do some of the pool stuff with my Granddaughter then, bc we are only doing 3 day and will probably be off the boat most of the time on Nassau and Castaway Cay days.

I'm probably overthinking it, since I have no experience with the cruise thing.

We have a Kyss bag that we use on deck and on castaway cay. I have also just left items in a regular beach bag and never had an issue with theft.

I've temporarily left bags full of stuff on deck chairs during most of my Disney cruises (8 so far) and never had them tampered with. Given the current cost of the cruises, petty theft isn't likely. Your willingness to take risks may vary. I've typically sailed as a single mom or solo, so I don't have a bag babysitter.

I wear prescription glasses and had no problems on the AquaMouse other than water sprayed all over them. No one told me I couldn't wear them. The eye glass straps mentioned above are a good idea if you are concerned about losing the glasses.
Thank you. This helps relieve my concerns. I know it's not a guarantee, especially if posted otherwise. I'll be sure to scout out the situation before getting in line.

Following this thread… on my past dream cruises I left my prescription glasses in the cubby with my flip flops/lanyard when I did aqua duck but with the aqua mouse having screen elements I was wanting to be able to see them… if I’d have to remove my glasses to ride is it still worth the wait when you won’t be able to see the show elements?

You can safely leave any of your stuff in a cubby right by the ride (it starts and ends at the same place). You can grab a towel right there when you’re done too. I wore my sunglasses on the ride and it was just fine!

I've seen people make tiktoks while on the ride so I'm sure you can wear your lanyard and just tuck it into your top part of bathing suit. We rode the aqua duck on the dream in 2017 and took a phone and wore our lanyard

I also want to say that I have a rash guard with some zipper pockets that has been super helpful in times like these, or on the AquaDunk when I have to take off my own necklace or put the kid's fitbit in there. Take them off as you step on the ride and slip them in the secure pocket and all is good!

ETA, if you're worried about your lanyard, you can also wear it tucked in to the rash guard without a problem usually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter