Disney Resort ROOM Picture Thread *Index page 93*

Our room at GF February 08 (i JUST now learned how to use my camera and laptop and POST PICS!!!!:banana: ---took me all night!)

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/BamaTigger/Disney/100_0824.jpg[/IMG

room
[IMG]http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/BamaTigger/Disney/100_0744.jpg
100_0748.jpg

inside

100_0739.jpg

OUR VIEW
100_0748.jpg

Here are some photos of our room from last week. Also, here is a description of the room:

We were in room 4626 last week. Here's what we got:

- 4th floor (highest non-club-level floor)
- newly-renovated (biggest plus for us was full use of the dresser top due to the TV being mounted on the wall)
- full balcony
- daybed
- garden view
- neighbors only on one side
- no neighbors above (the 5th floor does not expand throughout the whole resort)
- right next to the lobby elevators (but we did not notice any elevator noise)
- elevators also right at the Marketplace on 1st floor. Very convenient!!

The only minor negatives (and I wouldn't complain about these at all):
- vending area directly above us. This meant that periodically, we would hear ice cubes rolling across the floor overhead. Mostly, this was mid- to late-mornings when we should have been up and out early anyway.
- because we were close to the elevator, we sometimes heard small children running down the hall and screaming early in the morning before breakfast (6:45 - 7:45am). This is more the parents' issue than the hotel's.
- view did overlook the rooftop of the solarium and an a/c unit, but it did not bother us, and I would prefer this to a parking lot or overlooking the kitchen and loading dock (ours was a standard view room)

Bathroom/vanity area:
080908DisneyVacation028.jpg

080908DisneyVacation029.jpg

080908DisneyVacation030.jpg

The shower curtain rod was one of the curved ones, allowing for more elbow room in the shower. Since this was our first visit, I'm not sure if this is refurbishment or not.

A shot of the hidden mickey in the vanity/bathroom wallpaper:
081208DisneyVacation077.jpg

Beds/living area:
080908DisneyVacation031.jpg

080908DisneyVacation033.jpg

080908DisneyVacation041.jpg

(Obviously, the girls weren't in picture-taking mode.)

Dresser/TV:
080908DisneyVacation034.jpg

Closet:
080908DisneyVacation035.jpg

There is a safe on the left wall of the closet.

Dresser near the front door:
080908DisneyVacation036.jpg

Desk with cute Mickey lamp:
080908DisneyVacation040.jpg

View from our full balcony:
Straight ahead:
080908DisneyVacation038.jpg

If I had panned down, you would see a portion of the top of the solarium and the A/C unit on top. That is BC Villas that you see in front of us.

To the front/right (panning from left to right from the photo above):
080908DisneyVacation037.jpg

To the right (still panning):
080908DisneyVacation039.jpg

A view from ground level to our room:
081608DisneyVacation004_1.jpg

Our balcony is in the red oval. The club-level vending area balconies (as far as I can tell from the floorplan maps) are circled in blue.

Same shot, zoomed out:
081608DisneyVacation005.jpg

The refrigerator is inside the low dresser underneath the TV, behind the door with the beach chair, umbrella and beach ball on it. We were pleasantly surprised at how much storage space was available in this room. We also took an over-door shoe holder and hung it outside the bathroom door, which provided plenty of space to keep toiletries off the counter. I feel like they can do a more thorough job of cleaning when there's not so much on the vanity top.

Sorry - this is OT, but OMG what a wonderful idea about the over the door shoe holder! With a family of 5 those toiletries really add up! Great idea:thumbsup2

Sorry - this is OT, but OMG what a wonderful idea about the over the door shoe holder! With a family of 5 those toiletries really add up! Great idea:thumbsup2
I can't claim the idea myself. I got it from some cruise planning boards before our cruise last year. With the limited space in staterooms, it REALLY makes sense there. I think they cost under $3 at Target or Wal Mart. Get the fully-clear kind. I shipped mine ahead with a bunch of consumables (small soaps, shampoos, shaving cream, detergent, etc.)

Now, back to the REAL topic. Sorry for the detour.

I can't claim the idea myself. I got it from some cruise planning boards before our cruise last year. With the limited space in staterooms, it REALLY makes sense there. I think they cost under $3 at Target or Wal Mart. Get the fully-clear kind. I shipped mine ahead with a bunch of consumables (small soaps, shampoos, shaving cream, detergent, etc.)

Now, back to the REAL topic. Sorry for the detour.
HI, Loved your BC pics!! My friend and I are staying at the BC(garden view) in October for F&W Festival. Do you know if ALL rooms have been renovated?? I do like an UPPER level so I should call back and have that noted!! Thanks, Joan

Thanks. We loved the BC. I am really not sure I would stay anywhere else with our group again (teens, a Grandma who couldn't walk too far, and adults) - just so close to Epcot with a 5-minute walk.

I know renovations are not complete yet. To hear people talk, it sounds like they were starting with the higher floors and moving downward.

The refrigerator is inside the low dresser underneath the TV, behind the door with the beach chair, umbrella and beach ball on it. We were pleasantly surprised at how much storage space was available in this room. We also took an over-door shoe holder and hung it outside the bathroom door, which provided plenty of space to keep toiletries off the counter. I feel like they can do a more thorough job of cleaning when there's not so much on the vanity top.

Thanks. My husband is attending a convention there in Oct and I am hoping I can tag along with him.

Wonderful Beach Club pictures! I love the look of the new rooms-very upscale. I wonder if they're redoing the Yacht Club too. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter