Disney Obsession made worse by DVC!!!

Gosh I am feeling much more "normal" in the Disney obsession game!!;)

We joined DVC this past May after trip #17 to WDW.

Here is our upcoming trip schedule: Oct. for one week at AKV; Dec. 31-Jan. 7at SSR; Feb. for 4 nights at VWL; March for a week for spring break at OKW; May for 4 nights to celebrate the end of the school year SSR; July 7-12 for DD b-day, location to be determined. We also have a HHI trip in Nov. and are trying to fit in a trip to DL as well. I think that we are officially obsessed!! Oh, and we still need to use the DblDP that we got with our add-on.

I really need to get out more.....:rotfl:

Gosh I am feeling much more "normal" in the Disney obsession game!!;)

We joined DVC this past May after trip #17 to WDW.

Here is our upcoming trip schedule: Oct. for one week at AKV; Dec. 31-Jan. 7at SSR; Feb. for 4 nights at VWL; March for a week for spring break at OKW; May for 4 nights to celebrate the end of the school year SSR; July 7-12 for DD b-day, location to be determined. We also have a HHI trip in Nov. and are trying to fit in a trip to DL as well. I think that we are officially obsessed!! Oh, and we still need to use the DblDP that we got with our add-on.

I really need to get out more.....:rotfl:

You must have purchased a bazillion points. LOL

You must have purchased a bazillion points. LOL

I would love to buy a bazillion points!!! :goodvibes

Actually, we first bought a resale that had all of its points banked. Then we bought direct from Disney and got our 2006 points b/c we are a Dec UY. Then we bought an add-on thru Disney and got more 2006 points and then also got the DlbDP. So in total we bought less than 400 points but all the "extra" points that were banked really helped! We still have a good many from 07 that we can bank into 08. Since we just bought annual passes we felt that this would be a serious Disney year so that we really get the most for our money from those passes. We wont be able to continue with so many trips b/c of pesky things like work and school;)

I would love to add-on some more when/if CRV becomes reality....:love:

I would love to buy a bazillion points!!! :goodvibes

Actually, we first bought a resale that had all of its points banked. Then we bought direct from Disney and got our 2006 points b/c we are a Dec UY. Then we bought an add-on thru Disney and got more 2006 points and then also got the DlbDP. So in total we bought less than 400 points but all the "extra" points that were banked really helped! We still have a good many from 07 that we can bank into 08. Since we just bought annual passes we felt that this would be a serious Disney year so that we really get the most for our money from those passes. We wont be able to continue with so many trips b/c of pesky things like work and school;)

I would love to add-on some more when/if CRV becomes reality....:love:

We got a pretty good deal. We bought on Jan. 31st this year....Oct. UY. SO we got UY2006 plus developer points that could be 100% banked. So we bought 300, got 300 in DP and we get our next 300 Oct. 1st. So we took a 8 night trip in Aug. and we are going again in Nov. for another 8 nights and we still have plenty of points for next year too. Not as good as double developer but we aren't complaining. ;)

We got a pretty good deal. We bought on Jan. 31st this year....Oct. UY. SO we got UY2006 plus developer points that could be 100% banked. So we bought 300, got 300 in DP and we get our next 300 Oct. 1st. So we took a 8 night trip in Aug. and we are going again in Nov. for another 8 nights and we still have plenty of points for next year too. Not as good as double developer but we aren't complaining. ;)

It just feels so good to know that there is always another great Disney vacation right around the corner!! Enjoy those points! :banana:

OK...I'll be the "voice of reason" (everyone stop laughing!)...

Just like everyone else, our Disney trips multiplied dramatically once we bought DVC (only 14 months ago!)...I've lost count of DVC trips taken/planned..."extra" points from 3 separate add-on's, including double developer points from one, make 3-4 trips/year our current "norm"...

HOWEVER: there IS hope for one who "wants her life back!" I never stop wanting to go (or making the reservations)...but with each trip I'm "readier" to come back home, and less sad to leave. Some of that is because I know I'll be back again very soon. Some of it is because a week at Disney "satisfies" more completely when it's the third week in 8 months, with another week coming in 2-3 months...

Bottom line: I'm going as often as my fellow addicts here on the DIS...but the compulsion to plan another trip immediately upon my return, and the depression that sets in about an hour before ME comes to take us home, have lifted considerably...now, going to Disney is kind of like going to dinner on Sunday nights at my mom's was when I was a freshly-graduated newly independent young adult (back when the dinosaurs walked the earth!)...something wonderful, but normal that didn't (doesn't) "interfere" w/life as it is when I'm not at Disney...

Does that give you hope?

We didn't even know we had a Disney obsession until we became DVC members. Now its 24/7 in our home!

Bottom line: I'm going as often as my fellow addicts here on the DIS...but the compulsion to plan another trip immediately upon my return, and the depression that sets in about an hour before ME comes to take us home, have lifted considerably...now, going to Disney is kind of like going to dinner on Sunday nights at my mom's was when I was a freshly-graduated newly independent young adult (back when the dinosaurs walked the earth!)...something wonderful, but normal that didn't (doesn't) "interfere" w/life as it is when I'm not at Disney...

Does that give you hope?

But I dont EVER want it to become "normal"! ;)

I guess that there is hope afterall however, my situation is compounded by the fact that I am a TA and I plan Disney trips all day for other people. I never, ever get a day w/o talking about Disney, booking Disney, giving advise about Disney, thinking about dining at Disney, etc., etc., etc., etc.

I really need a vacation! :cloud9:

OK...I'll be the "voice of reason" (everyone stop laughing!)...

Just like everyone else, our Disney trips multiplied dramatically once we bought DVC (only 14 months ago!)...I've lost count of DVC trips taken/planned..."extra" points from 3 separate add-on's, including double developer points from one, make 3-4 trips/year our current "norm"...

HOWEVER: there IS hope for one who "wants her life back!" I never stop wanting to go (or making the reservations)...but with each trip I'm "readier" to come back home, and less sad to leave. Some of that is because I know I'll be back again very soon. Some of it is because a week at Disney "satisfies" more completely when it's the third week in 8 months, with another week coming in 2-3 months...

Does that give you hope?

WOW I like this!!! Yes this does give me hope. I do think this year was the easiest as far as the sadness after a trip and probably because we will have gone 3 times by the year's end. SO basically TAKE FREQUENT TRIPS. LOL

HMMMM CRISIS SOLVED. :rotfl2:

We bought in January as well after our very first trip...coming up is our 3 rd trip this yr (first at SSR). Already planning a trip in March with my parents and planning a trip next October...........I consider obsessive behaviour getting up early everyday and going to work,,,if only there was a cure :)

We're totally addicted, too. We'll have already borrowed back and used up all our 2008 points before that use year even begins :scared1:

What to do? What to do? For starters, we decided to forgo our usual October WDW trip in '08 and take a 7-night Disney Cruise instead (paying cash).

Then for our usual April trip in '09 maybe we'll transfer in points. Or maybe I can talk DH into another add-on. Yeah! That's it! Another add-on!...:thumbsup2

Honey, if you're reading this, I'm pretty sure that I only need about 100 more points...well, okay, maybe I really need 150 more...:rotfl2:

Count me in!

I used up all my points in huge trip this past summer. We took 3 helper for my DS and had to get a 2 br villa at OKW. The points were just gone. So for our December trip I borrowed 90 points from 08. OMG, we have an April use year and it is 6 months away yet. I only 100 points left over.

How on earth do I just stop going? I must not go in 08 PERIOD!!! Someone give me a clue on how to stop the madness. I considered more points but still have the last 1/3 of my DVC to pay off. The good news is that I bought and paid for the DVC all by myself. No help from family or DH. It is all mine:yay:

Yes, Hello I am April and I am also a Disney addict.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter