Disney Obsession made worse by DVC!!!

edk35

DIS Veteran
Okay...we returned on Aug. 23rd after 8 nights at SSR and BWV and of course I still went into my Disney Depression even though I know we are returning Nov. 15th for another 8 glorious nights. WHY IS DISNEY/DVC VACATION PLANNING always on my mind? I am in a funk...can't get back into my routines at all. I am consumed with DVC PLANNING anymore. I find myself always on the boards, looking up stuff on the DVC member site....I am starting to plan my LIFE AROUND THIS and it needs to stop. LOL We went in Jan. this year too...and that is when we bought into DVC. So this Nov. will make 3 TRIPS...we have never gone three times IN ONE YEAR...and only one other year have we ever gone twice. Now I am planning Nov. and thinking of going for a few days (5) again the end of Jan. and my DH is not going to be able to go...he will be out of country for 4 months and he says GO. I STILL WANT TO GO even with him not here. How do veteran DVC'ers GET ON WITH THEIR LIVES, because they know...that they will keep going and there will still be vacations without it taking over them???? ANY TIPS OR ADVICE????
I know I am new to this DVC thing but not new to Disney....I was happy to plan at least one trip every year and now I want to go multiple times. I have a dd who will be going off to college in 2 years with another following close behind. THIS MADNESS NEEDS TO STOP. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I need my life back. LOL:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

This post made me laugh because just this morning my DS10 said "it seems like all we ever talk about anymore is Disney" :laughing:

We took a 10day trip in June, bought DVC then, we're planning a trip in Dec for us and my Dad & Wife, now we've hit the 7mth mark and are planning a spring break trip taking MIL & FIL. Those trips will kill off the double developer points, then we'll have to have a summer & Dec 08 trip to use our 07 points that we banked :scared1: :rotfl2: That'll be 5 trips in 1 1/2 years!:eek:

New owner here as well. Equally obsessed! But if you ask anyone who knows me, Disney is always on my mind. Remember, there could be worse obsessions, so this is OK!

I'm the same way, I have a trip planned for Jan and one in the making for Aug 2008. I could go several times a year, but my DH isn't into disney like I am so he keeps it to once a year. I usually go in Jan with my sister, and her girls. During my Jan trip with my sister we do everything Disney. When I travel with my DH and DS's it's more of a relaxing trip enjoying the pools.
I'm also planning a cruise for a future trip in 2010, I just can't stop, I'm driving my DH nuts.

I am consumed with DVC PLANNING.....I find myself always on the boards, looking up stuff on the DVC member site..... THIS MADNESS NEEDS TO STOP. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I need my life back.

Coming here for help in stopping a Disney obsession is like calling your bookie for help with a gambling addiction.;)

Have fun planing your next trip. We are planned through '09. Gotta go because we need to discuss 2010 before it's too late.

HBC

Us too! Hubby has the DVC countdown on our computers at work and he will say do you know we have less than x days until Thanksgiving? It cannot be helped to mosy it keeps it going and something to look forward to.:love: :love:

I think we're all in good company here! We are new to DVC as well, but not to Disney. DH's 1st trip to WDW was only 2 years ago (poor thing was deprived as a kid ;)), but this Nov. will be his 6th trip! It will be my 9th. After going 2 times last year, and it will be 3 times this year, we have officially become Disneyaholics! :laughing: We bought into SSR on our last trip in July, and we're already talking about going 2-3 times next year, with a cruise thrown in there too (we also have some DDPts to burn!) I have wondered if we might get tired of Disney since we'll be going so much, however, I think being a DVC member might actually prevent this...since we know we don't have to tour the parks like mad people anymore...we can just relax and take in what we want knowing we'll probably be back in a few months!:dance3:

p.s. edk35, I'm also a victim of "Disney Depression" after our trips, but planning our next trip always puts me in a good mood...my DH jokes that if I don't have something to plan (WDW trip or otherwise) I'd go crazy :rotfl2:

good news - the Disney depression should go away - but why - because you are always planning a DVC trip!!!!

I can totally relate to your thread and all of the posters' comments!! :lmao: I'm a teacher and we start school this Wednesday. I'm going to go into DIS withdrawals as I have spent a lot of time this summer cruising the boards!! At least I have some Disney pictures, etc. in my classroom to make it a little easier! :)

We bought exactly two years ago. Eight trips. Eight. EIGHT!!!!

But I'm llaughing. We dreamed about DVC for almost ten years. And used to sit on the veranda at BWV and think "one day"...."one day". Never lost the faith. And finally the money came together. If only we knew that the lump sum was only the beginning. :rotfl: We were actually sitting at a local fair today talking about our jobs in terms of "well that doesn't work for that DVC trip or is that vacation time high season?". Jobs in terms of DVC compatibility. Over the edge.

So obsess away. You have a lot of company.

:grouphug: You're not alone. We all have it - the Disney/DVC addiction. You do learn over time to pace yourself with your trips/planning, but the obsession never goes away. :goodvibes I'm not happy unless I have a trip planned and a ticker in my signature. We're here for you!

Cheers!
-Michelle

My best advice...

Surrender to it! :goodvibes

We just got back Friday night & can't stop talking about our upcoming December trip.

DH calls me Louie the Lip on our last day since I teasingly pout all the way to the airport.

This year we are up to 4. Two long trips (8 days each) & two long weekends (4 days each). It still isn't enough.

If it makes you happy then go with it!

Fellow addict here, and there IS no cure. We started with one trip per year and then got the AP so we could throw in extra trips when airfare was cheap. That was the beginning of the end as DVC membership followed on the heals of the AP purchase. Now we're doing two trips per year but have extra points with the purchase of AKV...soooo 2008 we are back up to 3 trips planned. It's an illness, truly it is.

Thanks everyone. BUT NONE OF YOU WERE ANY HELP!!!!!:rotfl: I guess I can only surrender to it and realize MY LIFE IS FOREVER CHANGED.

I've been away from the Disboards for a week+ because I just wanted to know if I COULD! It helped that I was in my Cape May home without a computer! Still there was the public library, and I did go there to check my e-mail!:goodvibes

DH and I went to a wedding, we hadn't seen the celebrating family members in 4 years or so, but each of the adult "children" in that family asked when our next trip to WDW was...they heard from their mother that we like to go to Disney!!!:goodvibes

So, DH is on his way to south Texas now, and his parting words to me, "Dear, if you do decide that we need some (more) points, just go for it, we'll figure a way to manage." He would really want our entire family to spend a long Thanksgiving weekend there some year, and if it means extra points, well I should go for it.

You have lots and lots of company!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I've been away from the Disboards for a week+ because I just wanted to know if I COULD! It helped that I was in my Cape May home without a computer! Still there was the public library, and I did go there to check my e-mail!:goodvibes

DH and I went to a wedding, we hadn't seen the celebrating family members in 4 years or so, but each of the adult "children" in that family asked when our next trip to WDW was...they heard from their mother that we like to go to Disney!!!:goodvibes

So, DH is on his way to south Texas now, and his parting words to me, "Dear, if you do decide that we need some (more) points, just go for it, we'll figure a way to manage." He would really want our entire family to spend a long Thanksgiving weekend there some year, and if it means extra points, well I should go for it.

You have lots and lots of company!

ahhhhhhhhhhh that is so sweet!! SO ARE YOU GOING FOR IT???:thumbsup2

ahhhhhhhhhhh that is so sweet!! SO ARE YOU GOING FOR IT???:thumbsup2

I am giving it very serious thought. :goodvibes We have differring opinions on which resort we "need" more points at. He's leaning toward BCV and VB, I suppose I would pick just one, AKV.

I admit, I do spend a lot of time on Disney. Corporate history, Walt's life, animated features, WDW, DLR....there's so much to learn, think, and talk about!

But doing that makes me a lot happier than when I used to spend the same amount of time on politics. :thumbsup2

Wow, I wonder whe the DVC retirement home at Disney is coming lol. I can see it now, "You've worked most of your life for others, now come live the rest of it for yourself at Disney!!" :rotfl: I joined DVC last April after our first trip. Have done nothing but think about our next trip since then too lol. :confused3

Wow, I wonder whe the DVC retirement home at Disney is coming lol. I can see it now, "You've worked most of your life for others, now come live the rest of it for yourself at Disney!!"

Wouldn't this be great though? DH asked me at what point do we get our mail forwarded?:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter