Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched soul last night and kids are watching it again tonight.

Overall we really enjoyed it. It’s not Inside Out but I’d put it above Onward.

My only critique is the lack of hillarious moments. Which is odd since it stars two of the funniest people in Hollywood right now.

I've seen several people say this and I found several things I literally laughed out loud at - the Knicks Joke, the Marie Antionette bit, etc. It was maybe a bit uneven with the humor but I thought there was a lot of funny parts

I've seen several people say this and I found several things I literally laughed out loud at - the Knicks Joke, the Marie Antionette bit, etc. It was maybe a bit uneven with the humor but I thought there was a lot of funny parts
The Knicks joke was one of my favorite parts.

Overall we really enjoyed it. It’s not Inside Out but I’d put it above Onward.

Soul had me thinking: “I guess Onward wasn’t so bad. Maybe I’ll give that one another go”.

My family only watched it once and I don’t see us watching Soul again, either.

For reference, I love Inside Out and Coco.

I would say Soul, Onward and The Good Dinosaur are similarly lacking.

Wow. Wonder Woman.

Was so excited, but that was bad. Loved the first one. Pretty disappointed.
I didn't like the first one, I guess I should completely skip this one? I grew up on Linda Carter's WW I guess i was expecting something different from the new generation one

Dang dude, he was just curious about your reasonings. Wasn't trying to change your opinion on it.

It was a bit brash; but devil’s advocate, I think he was using the general “you” to reason why he doesn’t need to explain his opinion because it is what it is.

Soul
Back to Soul, I was just reading a review that said Joe commits suicide to give 22 back her badge?!? Honestly, I thought thats where that was going at the piano to get back to her but then thought he was “in the zone”.

But then they let him go back to earth. I did tune out towards the end. Did I miss something?

edit. Like couldn’t he just wake up out of the zone?

It was a bit brash; but devil’s advocate, I think he was using the general “you” to reason why he doesn’t need to explain his opinion because it is what it is.

Soul
Back to Soul, I was just reading a review that said Joe commits suicide to give 22 back her badge?!? Honestly, I thought thats where that was going at the piano to get back to her but then thought he was “in the zone”.

But then they let him go back to earth. I did tune out towards the end. Did I miss something?

edit. Like couldn’t he just wake up out of the zone?
I took it too that he was in the zone to get back and talk to her. But I do think when he gave her his earth badge that it was sort of like suicide - he was then about to head to the great beyond when Gerry gave him a 2 me chance at life. So I do think he was willing to give up his life so that 22 could have hers

I didn't like the first one, I guess I should completely skip this one? I grew up on Linda Carter's WW I guess i was expecting something different from the new generation one

I always think people should give things a shot for themselves.

But if you didn't like the first, this was completely different. So you might actually like this one.

The Knick’s joke fell flatter for me. But I did chuckle. I thought there were many great parts, but I think a few more humorous moments would have elevated it. Still loved it overall though.

I took it too that he was in the zone to get back and talk to her. But I do think when he gave her his earth badge that it was sort of like suicide - he was then about to head to the great beyond when Gerry gave him a 2 me chance at life. So I do think he was willing to give up his life so that 22 could have hers

Ok. The sacrifice makes sense. That one guy was keeping count. Maybe that's where the rule breaking is that I’ve seen people mention.

Distract the guy and go back to your life. No biggie. I would have excepted the reasoning of “limbo” more than youre counted to be dead. He was in the hospital, fate undecided.

edit. Never mind. That was after hospital. It could all get confusing.

Last edited:

If you like the tone of the 80's Superman movies, you might like this one...it is not the typical grim dark supers movie...

As a Knicks fan, I wasn’t a fan of the joke.

I just finished Soul. I thought it was fantastic. Only 1 viewing so it’s hard to put it firmly within the list of Pixar films. But I’d probably put it somewhere in my 2nd tier of Pixar films after 1 viewing. It’s not on my Pixar Rushmore with Toy Story, Toy Story 3, Monsters Inc, and UP, and I don’t think it ever will be, but certainly worth being under the Pixar banner

As a Knicks fan, I wasn’t a fan of the joke.

I just finished Soul. I thought it was fantastic. Only 1 viewing so it’s hard to put it firmly within the list of Pixar films. But I’d probably put it somewhere in my 2nd tier of Pixar films after 1 viewing. It’s not on my Pixar Rushmore with Toy Story, Toy Story 3, Monsters Inc, and UP, and I don’t think it ever will be, but certainly worth being under the Pixar banner
A Knicks fan is the one who wrote that joke for the film. He tweeted about it after the debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter