Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not often a movie becomes “certified fresh” on RT and that distinction is taken away upon release. Wonder Woman 84 has achieved that unfortunate status

On a related note, did Disney ever announce how much Mulan made during it's "premium" release?

What we do know is that in the first 9 days that mulan came out as a premium release. Is that it almost had 9 million subscribers paid for it. People had two months I believe that they could pay for it. The last month you couldn’t pay for it before it became a available for free.
Don’t think they will have much over 9 million. I will guess just my guess they ended with 10-12 million that paid for it. So let’s say 10 million. That comes out to 299,900,000. Than you have to take how much does Disney get from that 29.99. I have no idea how much they get from that 29.99. Roku, fire stick etc will get some of that. Than whatever else fees.

If the premier access had the movie making 300,000,000 we would have heard about that. That’s a good number for a $30 stream purchase

If the premier access had the movie making 300,000,000 we would have heard about that. That’s a good number for a $30 stream purchase

Remember Disney doesn’t keep all of the 29.99
How much they were able to keep I have no idea.

Remember Disney doesn’t keep all of the 29.99
How much they were able to keep I have no idea.

Yeah but considering they take claim of every subscriber number even though many of them are free with their Verizon contracts, if Disney had gotten 300M from Mulan, even if they didn’t take 300M home, they would have mentioned that with glee at the first moment they could.

Yeah but considering they take claim of every subscriber number even though many of them are free with their Verizon contracts, if Disney had gotten 300M from Mulan, even if they didn’t take 300M home, they would have mentioned that with glee at the first moment they could.

I'm not sure they would consider that a great number, they would have expected over $1B in world wide box office pre-pandemic, so that's just 30% of that. On the plus side, it probably came close to breaking even, considering production cost and any sharing of the fee. And they ended up with a big event film to help promote the new service. Hopefully the next earnings report will give some insight into it.

I'm not sure they would consider that a great number, they would have expected over $1B in world wide box office pre-pandemic, so that's just 30% of that. On the plus side, it probably came close to breaking even, considering production cost and any sharing of the fee. And they ended up with a big event film to help promote the new service. Hopefully the next earnings report will give some insight into it.

300M is great considering the circumstances. It would have turned a profit considering it made 70M overseas in theaters. But That’s assuming that number is true

These are guestimates from 7Park Data (whose data was used as the basis for Yahoo’s “Mulan made $269 million!” report we saw earlier this week), and we’ll know the exact number presumably in early November during Disney’s next shareholders’ call. But if Mulan really had grossed $269 million in a week in US rentals/leases alone, I’m thinking Walt Disney would have made a point to tell us about it.

I seriously doubt we hear during the Q1 report how much it made. It was already available on physical media, and even discounted places like Amazon prime when they had their Q4 report, so they had all of the numbers they needed to bring it up during their last call, or even the investors call. But they decided to ignore it. That to me means it didn’t do as well as these guesstimates claim. Breaking even in these circumstances would be a huge deal.

Looking forward to Soul, will either watch tonight or tomorrow. Just finished Ww84. I liked it a lot. Had read all the negative opinions, just negativity in general, so kinda adjusted/lowered my expectations. Until about the last 20 mins, I really enjoyed it, dragged just a bit, and didn't love the ending, but overall, good enough. I rarely expect to like sequels as much as the first.
and
that post credit scene/cameo! wowza. I had just picked up my phone to search if I'd missed her cameo, as i had thought I'd read she was in the movie. As a huge, humongous fan of the tv show, I LOVED that scene.

I'm trying with Soul. But 70+ minutes in and my wife fell asleep, my 2 boys wandered off. My 11 year old daughter is enjoying some of it but even she isn't able to stay focused. It's beautiful and seems like a neat story, but it lacks something on the entertainment side for us. Seems more a slog than I'm used to from Pixar.

I'm trying with Soul. But 70+ minutes in and my wife fell asleep, my 2 boys wandered off. My 11 year old daughter is enjoying some of it but even she isn't able to stay focused. It's beautiful and seems like a neat story, but it lacks something on the entertainment side for us. Seems more a slog than I'm used to from Pixar.
It’s definitely more mature and deeper with its themes. Not something like toy story or whatever for kids to stay pretty focused.

I think it is going to be a bit more divisive as far as how into it people get, especially kids. I know we all loved it - my 9yo son declared it one of his top 10 all time movies, but I know others who said their kids reacted more like yours

Yeah. I'm not saying it's bad, but I think it might be too heavy and just not enough light moments to break it up and make it palatable to the typical wide audience. It was interesting and I appreciate the story and music and beautiful animation, but I just didn't enjoy watching it. And I doubt anyone in my family will want to watch it again. I think Cars 3 was the last Pixar film we felt that way about, though that was for a whole different reason...

You might not say it’s bad but I will. Sorry I call it like I see it. It was bad.
Can I ask why you think that? I have seen a lot of people saying it didn’t resonate with them and stuff like that but not that it’s flat out bad. I certainly didn’t think it was bad.

Can I ask why you think that? I have seen a lot of people saying it didn’t resonate with them and stuff like that but not that it’s flat out bad. I certainly didn’t think it was bad.

that my opinion. When someone saids that a movie is great or bad or whatever it’s their opinion. You might think otherwise that doesn’t change the persons opinion. It was very boring.

that my opinion. When someone saids that a movie is great or bad or whatever it’s their opinion. You might think otherwise that doesn’t change the persons opinion.
Ok... I fully understand that. I just wanted to know more. Saying it’s bad is fairly blunt. I was just wondering why or what aspects you didn’t like that’s all. Thanks for your reply tho it was really helpful...

Last edited:
Watched soul last night and kids are watching it again tonight.

Overall we really enjoyed it. It’s not Inside Out but I’d put it above Onward.

My only critique is the lack of hillarious moments. Which is odd since it stars two of the funniest people in Hollywood right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter