• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Greece was willing to throw money at it then it would be more likely but a random petition from fans isn't going to do anything. It would be a nice addition though.

I don't think the country could throw money at it, aren't they having major financial issues?

I wouldn't mind Greece in Epcot, but I think Europe is already very well represented. We need some South America in there.

I don't think the country could throw money at it, aren't they having major financial issues?

I wouldn't mind Greece in Epcot, but I think Europe is already very well represented. We need some South America in there.

I would also like South America, but I'd like Greece too. I really don't think any country right now is going to prioritize this as it is usually an aspect of their tourism board, and international tourism isn't what it used to be at the moment.

There were rumors about Brazil and it appeared imminent pre-pandemic. I think if anyone but Bolsonaro was president it would have happened...pure speculation of course.

Edit- My neighbor was born in Brazil and she agrees with me.

Aren't the pavilions sponsored by companies and owned by Disney? The county itself doesn't have anything to do with it, anymore.

If Greece was willing to throw money at it then it would be more likely but a random petition from fans isn't going to do anything. It would be a nice addition though.
Yeah I'm not sure there's anything to this. The article mentions that this was started by something called the "Hellenic Electronics Center", which I was a bit confused about, seemed like an odd name for an org to start a petition like this. It appears to be an org based in Maryland that promotes Greek culture and history. So it definitely makes sense that they would want Greece in EPCOT, I just don't know if Disney is going to pay attention to a petition started by them.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind it, would imagine it's been floated internally. As mentioned before, Brazil had been heavily rumored, would guess that's more likely.

Aren't the pavilions sponsored by companies and owned by Disney? The county itself doesn't have anything to do with it, anymore.

They are owned by Diseny but are often sponored by the country's tourism board and other companies from that country in some cases. They work through them to get the cast members from thsoe countries too. In some cases, the country in question has ceased sponsorship so Disney has taken full control. Norway did a while back, and now Morocco has done that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter