Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the confusion here is that is was posted by the admin called wdwmagic in the form of wdwmagic, so no it wasn't an article, but it was posted my wdwmagic.
That does help explain it. Please note that my first post on the subject was a request for a link. When I first saw "According to WDWMAGIC," I assumed I'd find an article on the subject.

People said the same thing about HEA when it started and they wanted Wishes back. I haven't seen the show yet, but there are always a lot of reactions to any change. I am looking forward to it.
I watched the video for enchantment and felt it was fine and I remember when HEA started it got bashed too with tons of bring Back wishes posts.
That's what I remember too. So many people hating on HEA. I'm going to wait and see on Enchantment for that reason.
People don't like change. I was so amused at how many where so sad when HEA was ending after the weeks.months in the beginning of all the hating on it. Enchantment will grow on most and if by chance it doesn't than maybe Disney will make some changes who knows, I am still excited to see it later this month.
@bsmcneil I'm still telling stories though right?

Has anyone been able to make a dessert party reservation for the week of Dec 5? I just tried for the 8th and it said no availability. (not a party night)

Has anyone been able to make a dessert party reservation for the week of Dec 5? I just tried for the 8th and it said no availability. (not a party night)

Do you have a resort reservation that begins December 4 or sooner? If not, then December 8 is still outside the 60-day window. (Today is 60 days out from December 4, if my countdown calendar is correct). Good luck, hope you can get a reservation! :shamrock:

Looking at that price...

Hahaha... No. - Reaction GIFs

Do you have a resort reservation that begins December 4 or sooner? If not, then December 8 is still outside the 60-day window. (Today is 60 days out from December 4, if my countdown calendar is correct). Good luck, hope you can get a reservation! :shamrock:
thank you.
yes, my dates are 12/4-11. I was able to make breakfast reservations for that day 12/8, but the dessert parties all show no availability. humm....

@bsmcneil I'm still telling stories though right?
lol. According to the actual threads, which I posted, that would seem to be inaccurate. Confirmation bias and Mandela effects can be at play. And I never said no one disliked HEA - you claimed that you were here and everyone trashed it and that's simply not what the threads show (feel free to search "Happily Ever After" by date and go back to the beginning, or look at the 3-4 links I posted).

Yeah that’s worthless IMO. And little kids don’t understand that they can’t hug or touch them. We will be skipping it.
It's certainly not the same as what we are used to in the past, but I would not say worthless. For kids that are 3 or 4 years old and have never been to WDW having a personal chat with a character and getting a picture will be priceless. My nieces have never been there and we are going in November. I am so excited that they will have this opportunity!

Yeah, but you're being selective. A LOT of people loved HEA. I loved HEA - I've been effusive about it. There were indeed some complainers though - people who felt it didn't have the emotional heft of Wishes. Now we're hearing the same thing from some people, though I think most are liking the new show. People are being reactionary in calling for a return to HEA - it's just a normal part of accepting the change.

It's certainly not the same as what we are used to in the past, but I would not say worthless. For kids that are 3 or 4 years old and have never been to WDW having a personal chat with a character and getting a picture will be priceless. My nieces have never been there and we are going in November. I am so excited that they will have this opportunity!
I guess for some kids, but for my DS (3) & friend’s DD (4), it sucked. They didn’t get that they couldn’t touch them. We actually ended up canceling future character dining b/c it wasn’t worth the grief.

I didn't say NOBODY liked it. But plenty said they didn't.
Definitely. Luvcheer had previously stated that when HEA came out, it was trashed as badly as Enchantment. I looked and the negative reviews weren't quite as universally held as claimed and that's how we got here. I don't doubt that there were (are) people who wanted Wishes to stay or trashed HEA or simply complain because change - those are all true. I have found that some users deny anything negative as having a basis in reality and only positive things can be said and that was used to dismiss concerns about the show as released last week (and I thought it might be useful to look at the actual posts since often we misremember, especially when it comes to how negative something is). And that is, "how we got to memphis"

Yeah, but you're being selective. A LOT of people loved HEA. I loved HEA - I've been effusive about it. There were indeed some complainers though - people who felt it didn't have the emotional heft of Wishes. Now we're hearing the same thing from some people, though I think most are liking the new show. People are being reactionary in calling for a return to HEA - it's just a normal part of accepting the change.
I'm not sure how posting several threads from when the show was just released is being selective. If I had excerpted one post or even one thread (and ignored all of the others), sure. But - feel free to try it for yourself. Search for "Happily Ever After" by date and go back to the beginning. It was not universally trashed or hated; people did not post petitions to bring back Wishes. While there is some truth to the fact that people don't like change, it doesn't completely wave off the dissatisfaction some people feel about Enchantment/Harmonious (which is how this particular conversation started). Certainly if you have some posts or threads in mind that show me I'm being selective, I'm more than happy to see them and revise my statements (but I do think actual posts are useful to look at - not just our memory of what it was like).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter