Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Seems like some Universal will be putting out something related to EU tomorrow…

View attachment 829831

EDIT: i’ll take a guess… preview including names of all the lands, none of which I believe have been formally announced aside from earning reports discussions. Don’t think we’ll get an opening date yet, a ballpark range would be nice though.

If you've been following Alicia, nothing shown here is new but still SO exciting! 2025 may be the year where I temporarily drop my WDW AP and use the money for tickets to Epic.

Seems like some Universal will be putting out something related to EU tomorrow…

View attachment 829831

EDIT: i’ll take a guess… preview including names of all the lands, none of which I believe have been formally announced aside from earning reports discussions. Don’t think we’ll get an opening date yet, a ballpark range would be nice though.
Video is out:

IMG_2665.jpeg

EDIT: sorry @Smugpugmug, didn’t realize you had posted the same vid! Thought that was one of Alicia’s vids.

I haven’t been to Universal in a long time, but this definitely just jumped to the top of my vacation plans.
Same here!

Also, not shown in the video linked above but a few days ago Universal posted another video where Eiji Aonuma (the main producer of the Legend of Zelda series) was present at the Epic Universe construction site, which really helps solidify the rumors that Zelda is coming to USO. That video was weirdly deleted by Universal themselves....

For HP land, they mention being able to experience 1920s Paris and modern day British Ministry of Magic, not sure how they'll work that out as far as the land's story is concerned but I guess they could just handwave it with something about time travel. So... might be a chance that they involve the original cast in some way.

Same here!

Also, not shown in the video linked above but a few days ago Universal posted another video where Eiji Aonuma (the main producer of the Legend of Zelda series) was present at the Epic Universe construction site, which really helps solidify the rumors that Zelda is coming to USO. That video was weirdly deleted by Universal themselves....
Knowing Nintendo they probably asked Universal to pull it

Two things that have kept me away are the lack of under 7 rides and the fact that it wasn’t more than a 1 or 2 day park. This solves all of that I’m assuming.
I completely understand that there is subjectivity in everyone's vacation plans and not every park will fit every family or park guests desires. But, this park, EPIC, seems to have such a blend of variations from different genres that someone is going to find something they enjoy methinks.

It's also not good messaging from Uni's perspective. I started seeing speculation immediately about Zelda coming to EU, I don't think they wanted that to get out of hand.

Yeah, probably because IF it happens it won't be for a while. EpicU is not going to open with Zelda, and if they do build it, it will likely be at Uni Osaka first then ported to Orlando.

Yeah, probably because IF it happens it won't be for a while. EpicU is not going to open with Zelda, and if they do build it, it will likely be at Uni Osaka first then ported to Orlando.
The strongest rumor right now is that Zelda is replacing the Lost Continent in IoA. The existing infrastructure would easily be able to be retrofitted to look like Hyrule.

The strongest rumor right now is that Zelda is replacing the Lost Continent in IoA. The existing infrastructure would easily be able to be retrofitted to look like Hyrule.

It does make sense to reuse the existing theming, but there's not that much room there. I still think that it gets built in Japan first and, if so, it won't be so similar to what is at Lost Continent currently.

It does make sense to reuse the existing theming, but there's not that much room there. I still think that it gets built in Japan first and, if so, it won't be so similar to what is at Lost Continent currently.
I'm not certain they have any plans for Japan right now. I guess we'll see what happens but at the moment it's almost certain Lost Continent is becoming Zelda, it's shut down already and it's just a matter of when they start working on it, and I haven't heard any rumors about where it might go in Osaka.

Worth noting that Uni Japan DOES have something else in the works... they recently shut down their version of the Spider-Man ride and it's rumored that they'll use the space for Pokemon (which will also eventually come to the US).

There is actually a lot of room if you combine the Sinbad theater and Poseidon's Fury. Definitely enough room for 1 elaborate Zelda dark ride (which is the ride rumored to go there).

I'm not certain they have any plans for Japan right now. I guess we'll see what happens but at the moment it's almost certain Lost Continent is becoming Zelda, it's shut down already and it's just a matter of when they start working on it, and I haven't heard any rumors about where it might go in Osaka.

Worth noting that Uni Japan DOES have something else in the works... they recently shut down their version of the Spider-Man ride and it's rumored that they'll use the space for Pokemon (which will also eventually come to the US).

I was looking at it, and LC does have more space than I thought, but it's becuase of the HUGE Posiedon's Fury building. Unless they are going to demo though, there isn't much space, and if they deme they can't really reuse anyway. I guess they could keep the facade. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a walkthrough Zelda Temple with a show, but I actually liked Poseidon's Fury so I'm weird like that. I wouldn't mind if they just had that and a show in the old Sinbad theater (great show too!), but I know people will moan if there isn't an actual ride....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter