Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is hilarious to me as Disneyland Local. It gets busy, yes, but I have literally never seen more than 20 people in line at the Downtown Disney location.
My husband got me a 6-pack variety delivered for Mother’s Day last year. It was good, but not 2-hour virtual queue good. I’m not even sure it was 20-people-in-front-of-me-in-line good!

Disney Prepares Substantial Construction Project at Blizzard Beach

A new permit filed with the state reveals some extensive upcoming work at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park. In our screenshot of the permit below, you can see that Disney is planning on placing a large crane in a backstage area in the western corner of the park. The crane location roughly aligns with the height test balloons we spotted back in November 2021. Here’s a look at the permit, which is called the “Blizzard Beach Laydown Project”.

I’m sorry guys. They’re not my rules, I’m just trying to follow them.

Not a good time to be a mod on any Disney related boards ... Threads are getting locked and/or deleted rapidly based on the severity of infraction and just plain civility.

Hopefully there's no trolling on this thread ... but I'm seeing new members jumping into various Disney forums across the interwebs wreaking havoc. I'd just like to keep this little corner of sanity running and not find it locked when checking in

Not a good time to be a mod on any Disney related boards ... Threads are getting locked and/or deleted rapidly based on the severity of infraction and just plain civility.

Hopefully there's no trolling on this thread ... but I'm seeing new members jumping into various Disney forums across the interwebs wreaking havoc. I'd just like to keep this little corner of sanity running and not find it locked when checking in

Agreed. It’s why I didn’t want it posted in the first place (even though it is part of what’s going on with Disney.) To be on the safe side, going forward, I’d rather not post any news stories regarding the Reedy Creek situation, since it wouldn’t even go into effect until next year at the earliest…and in return, I ask all of you, politely, if you all can please refrain from posting about it as well. It’s not worth it. I want to keep this a happy place and do not want any negativity brought forward due to this discussion. I respect everyone’s personal feelings and opinions on the situation, but I think it’s better done somewhere else. Thank you all for understanding and being so supportive of the thread. We got this guys!!! :grouphug:

A new permit filed with the state reveals some extensive upcoming work at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park. In our screenshot of the permit below, you can see that Disney is planning on placing a large crane in a backstage area in the western corner of the park. The crane location roughly aligns with the height test balloons we spotted back in November 2021. Here’s a look at the permit, which is called the “Blizzard Beach Laydown Project”.

Interesting…I wonder how extensive this will be and what impact it may have on any typhoon lagoon “seasonal “ closings

Disney to offer some Cast Members two days off this year with pay as part of the company's 'Power Up Days' mental health program

Eligible full-time Cast Members will receive two Power Up Days for 2022, and eligible part-time Cast Members will receive one day.

Eligible Cast Members include domestic full-time and part-time salaried positions and non-union hourly Cast, Imagineers, and Employees. Disney has said it will work with union representatives to offer a similar program for Walt Disney World's many union Cast Members.

The Power Up Days program is expected to be a one-time offering for 2022 only.

My husband got me a 6-pack variety delivered for Mother’s Day last year. It was good, but not 2-hour virtual queue good. I’m not even sure it was 20-people-in-front-of-me-in-line good!
It's really not. there's a lot of better ice cream in the parks, so we almost never go there. The last time we went it was because I had a coupon 🤣

Disney to offer some Cast Members two days off this year with pay as part of the company's 'Power Up Days' mental health program

Eligible full-time Cast Members will receive two Power Up Days for 2022, and eligible part-time Cast Members will receive one day.

Eligible Cast Members include domestic full-time and part-time salaried positions and non-union hourly Cast, Imagineers, and Employees. Disney has said it will work with union representatives to offer a similar program for Walt Disney World's many union Cast Members.

The Power Up Days program is expected to be a one-time offering for 2022 only.
do full time employees not get any vacation days already? Or is this just 2 extra days?

I heard on the radio that if they move to dissolve RCID there are 5 other special districts in Florida they must dissolve as well.
Can't pick and choose on issues like this.
Also all those county residents will now pick up the tab for everything WDW paid for in the past . . . . .or I could be wrong, heard that on the radio as well.

I heard on the radio that if they move to dissolve RCID there are 5 other special districts in Florida they must dissolve as well.
Can't pick and choose on issues like this.
Also all those county residents will now pick up the tab for everything WDW paid for in the past . . . . .or I could be wrong, heard that on the radio as well.
Disney would have a far higher tax burden. That's the point.

More Cast Member Preview Dates Announced for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

Cast Members will have another chance to ride Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind before it opens to the general public. Registration for the next round of preview dates for Cast and their guests will open on Monday, April 25, and close on Friday, April 29 at 5:00 p.m. ET or once registration is full.

The dates offered will be:
  • Wednesday, May 11
  • Thursday, May 12
  • Friday, May 13
  • Sunday, May 22
  • Monday, May 23
  • Tuesday, May 24

Apologies but (if you know) ,is there a place we can discuss this on the Dis?

It appears WDW newsworthy, but I do understand.

I actually did a search yesterday and there was another thread, but it got locked!! Just do not want that to happen here. Thanks for understanding 😊

There were actually 2 threads. One got locked, and the other deleted. The deleted had devolved into the typical politics.

It's really not. there's a lot of better ice cream in the parks, so we almost never go there. The last time we went it was because I had a coupon 🤣

I have been to the ice cream place in Epcot France. It's pretty good but really basic flavors. Who else is better than Salt & Straw?

Guessing this is gonna make the rumors possibly true of no blizzard beach this summer....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter