• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Curious, another special event is great, but have we seen the last of any real expansion? No Adventureland or Frontierland?

Curious, another special event is great, but have we seen the last of any real expansion? No Adventureland or Frontierland?

Certainly feels like it. The main story hasn't really advanced since we got MG (Pirates feels incomplete) and now this is 2 timed events in a row.

So, I'm not a tech person AT ALL! But they keep saying they won't realease more land because of the game optimization. What does this mean?

Generally, optimization just means that they're removing glitches and bugs in an application and making it run faster. In this case, I'm guessing that means they're upgrading the graphics for the character interactions, making transition screens faster, and other things like making the loading screen take less time when you open the game.

Basically what they mean is they're cleaning up the current game / storyline and not adding more land until that's done.

And scrolling from one area to another. Sometimes in my Windows game when I have too many other things open, the scroll is incredibly slow. When you click on something to collect Magic/Tokens it looks like it's happening in slow-mo. Then I know it's time to shut down programs and or reboot.

How do I unlock the quest to welcome Mother Gothel? I've literally welcomed EVERYONE but her! I don't know what to do. Please help!
Do you have the characters leveled up? Many quests don't start until you level characters up to a certain level, and sometimes complete quests for characters that aren't even related to your storyline before you get back to the one you are on.

So I now have 1 million magic. I'm contemplating putting all my hat stands into storage to free up the space. What do you think?

So, I'm not a tech person AT ALL! But they keep saying they won't realease more land because of the game optimization. What does this mean?

I can go along with the gaming optimization but I can also see them not wanting to open land because of all of the concession farms that are out there.

@PhilharmagicPrincess Did a nice job explaining it. Optimization for this game has a lot to do with the lines of programming code for everything. Each building is a code, where it is placed, is a code. Each individual guest is a code, the character tasks are a code. Think about how many characters there currently are, now think of how many tasks they have. Your phone is processing the code to display the graphics. It is running through lots of "If this, Then that" type of calculations. The more lands they create, the bigger the map, the more things people can place. All of those calculations take processing power. They want to be sure that the game will continue to run smoothly enough for all players. Imagine being on an older phone and how much slower it would be. Now imagine if they don't optimize even now and they expand further, it slows everything down. So they are sacrificing content in order to keep users happy with game play

Last edited:
I have a stupid question. I'm currently playing on my Samsung phone but I'm trading in for an iphone, am I going to have to start all over with my game? I'm trying not to think about all the money I have spent on this game just to have to start all over :headache:

I have a stupid question. I'm currently playing on my Samsung phone but I'm trading in for an iphone, am I going to have to start all over with my game? I'm trying not to think about all the money I have spent on this game just to have to start all over :headache:

I can't answer this for sure, but make sure that your game is linked to your Facebook account before you trade in the Samsung, as that will likely be your only chance to recover your progress on the iPhone.

I was really hoping the event would start today since it's the first week of December and so our park could be Christmasy all month long. Totally bummed right now! I'm really hoping this isn't just a week long event since the live stream said 6 days and whatever many hours. It just doesn't seem like enough time to get all characters or to enjoy a different park theme and the holiday costumes!

I welcomed Minnie and Daisy during the Halloween event and didn't have enough time to get their costumes before it ended. I have all the fabrics now but I see no point in unlocking them since Halloween is over so I'm really hoping that doesn't happen with the Christmas ones too if the event isn't long enough to get the fabrics.

I was really hoping the event would start today since it's the first week of December and so our park could be Christmasy all month long. Totally bummed right now! I'm really hoping this isn't just a week long event since the live stream said 6 days and whatever many hours. It just doesn't seem like enough time to get all characters or to enjoy a different park theme and the holiday costumes!

It's not just a week - based on the contest timeline, at a minimum the event is from December 11th through December 30th. I'm guessing it might actually be something like 12/10-12/31, but that's speculation on my part.

what do you guys think about the contest portion of this event? I was reading the fine print and doesn't it seem silly to wait for Olaf & Sven until January? I might compete for the gems but Olaf & Sven seem like much more important purchases to complete everything over the month long event.

Random question that I haven't been able to figure out. when you have ecstatic happiness you get +__ rewards listed. But when I collect first thing in the morning my park's happiness meter has always declined out of the ecstatic level... so does that mean when I collect I won't get the +___? or is it just when you're assigning the quests that counts?

How do I unlock the quest to welcome Mother Gothel? I've literally welcomed EVERYONE but her! I don't know what to do. Please help!

Mother Gothel didn't open for me until I opened the lands to the left side of It's a Small World. To open one of those I had to have completed Prince Phillip tasks. I know one of them was 100,000 but I don't remember how much the other one was.

what do you guys think about the contest portion of this event? I was reading the fine print and doesn't it seem silly to wait for Olaf & Sven until January? I might compete for the gems but Olaf & Sven seem like much more important purchases to complete everything over the month long event.

I was really confused by that too. If we wait till January and don't win them, then we miss out right? I've been saving gems since I figured we could purchase with gems or they would offer a promo like they did with zero. I don't think I'm going to take the chance of trying to win them since the odds don't seem that great and I want the whole collection if possible!

It's not just a week - based on the contest timeline, at a minimum the event is from December 11th through December 30th. I'm guessing it might actually be something like 12/10-12/31, but that's speculation on my part.

Thanks...when they did the live event I saw so many people commenting about it being only 6 days so that's where I got that from, completely forgetting about the contest.

Does anyone know if they are going to announce when it's being released or if it's just going to show up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter