Disney Grannie's journal (life after Grave's Disease)

Nancy, are you sure you're eating enough calories?? It doesn't sound like you're eating very much. That could be one reason for a plateau.

Glad to hear you're exercising more! This warmer weather sure is nice! I hope to see you next Saturday in Doylestown!

I'll definitely be doing the Doylestown walk next Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it! I hope we have a beautiful day.

I just came inside after staining the deck. It was great to be outdoors on this gorgeous, sunny day...although it was a bit too hot for working outside. I worked a half day, just got cleaned up, and hope to walk or bike ride after dinner.

B - 1/2 cup cottage cheese
L - salad w/chicken & hard boiled egg, dressing
D - ?? haven't decided yet.

Every since my thyroid problem, I can't eat too much because I have lousy metabolism...actually, I don't think I have any at all. Despite the synthroid, I have to keep my intake low or I gain weight. My friends and family can't believe how much I weigh for how little I eat. I have tried picking up the calories...it doesn't seem to matter. At least low carbing keeps me from gaining. I've gained about 7 or 8 pounds a year for the last 12 years or so, and this is the first time in ages I've lost and kept it off. I'm thankful I'm not gaining.

Exercise must be the answer to pick up my metabolism. I wish I were 30 again!

Well, it's another gloomy Monday! I had such a good weekend exercising. Friday I worked a 1/2 day and then stained the deck. Then I rode my bike. Saturday I trimmed all the trees and bushes and rode again. Sunday I scraped wallpaper off the walls of DGS's bedroom walls. What a lot of work. I had a short bike ride before the rain began.

However, Saturday evening I went to a 65th birthday party for a coworker. Her adult children surprised her. It was at a firehouse, and the food selections were limited to foods with carbs except for the deviled eggs. Everything was in gravy, and the broccoli salad had sugar in it. I had a little of these and a couple of eggs. I also had a glass of wine because the only beverages were soda and beer, and red and white wine. I finally managed to get a glass of water from the bar.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I gained 3 pounds overnight Saturday into Sunday. I was afraid to get on the scale this morning. Maybe tomorrow I'll peek. Hopefully, a couple of days of normal low carb eating will get rid of the extra pounds. Since I haven't lost in over 3 months, just gaining a couple is a tragedy for me.

I still haven't lost the 3 pounds I gained last weekend. I've been bike riding when I can. Today is the Doylestown Walk which should be a lot of fun.

I had a really great weekend. Did the Doylestown walk on Saturday afternoon and met some great WISHers. My legs conked out later that evening, but Sunday they were back to normal.

Mother's Day breakfast was at my DD's house. Her DH made a nice low carb breakfast (omelets) . My DH grilled steaks for dinner that were fabulous! So I stayed on plan all day.

Still haven't lost any more weight. The extra exercise made me feel good, but losing weight wasn't one of the advantages, sorry to say.

I'm gearing up to my trip to Myrtle Beach, SC, this weekend. I plan to do a lot of walking as well as a lot of beaching. DH will be doing a lot of golfing. I really need this vacation!!

Thanks again to Doreen (DoeWDW) for organizing the Doylestown Walk. Maybe next time we'll have even more walkers.

:wave2: Good morning, Nancy! It was so much fun to meet you in person and to walk together. One of these days we'll have to grab MeMe and Parker and have a little walk of our own!

Congratulations on staying on plan for Mother's Day--what a great gift to give yourself!

Enjoy this beautiful, :sunny: day--
Erin

Hi Erin,
I really enjoyed your company on Saturday. I'd love to do it again. There are so many beautiful places to walk in Bucks County.

I checked my pet supply web site and they don't have dog food. They have everything except food so you might want to check it out anyway for RX or medications, or even supplies. They're at omahavaccine.com.

I hope you and your doggy are both feeling better. By the way, we just have to keep this weather! No rain this week for a change.

Nancy

Quick hello to day it was great to finally meet you:sunny:

I'd be up for another walk whenever you ladies want. Have a great week:wave2:

Maryellen,

That sounds good to me! I'll be leaving for a week in Myrtle Beach on Sunday. I'll need to do a lot of walking when I get back.

I biked past your house a couple of times but didn't see you. I just zip on by so quickly now, I don't get a chance to talk to anyone anyway. But I'll be doing some serious walking, too. It was great meeting you and Parker. He is so cute!

Nancy

I've been riding my bike outside every day after dinner. Staying on plan pretty much except for a little too much coffee sometimes. My late evening macadamias are still the treat of choice. I wish I could find something else crunchy to enjoy, but I don't like pork rinds and everything else has too many carbs. Sometimes I switch to celery. Any suggestions?

Crunchy snacks are tough, Nancy! Maybe sunflower seeds would work??

It was so nice to meet you last Saturday at Doylestown! I'm so glad that you came! ::yes:: You don't seem like a "grannie" to me - I think you've got plenty of spunk and energy! We'll plan another walk over your way - probably in the fall when it's cooler - and maybe you can talk your DH into walking along!

This warmer weather makes it so much easier to get outside and exercise! I'm glad to see you're enjoying it with your bike rides!

I'm sorry that you're having such a tough time with the scale. I haven't done much research in the particular areas that are making it hard for you to lose, so I don't have any advice other than you've already said - you're not gaining so that is truly a blessing!

Hope you have a :sunny: day!

My DS and his wife stopped over last evening to bring me my belated Mother's Day gifts. They were away last weekend. I got flowers, a video, and a low-carb cookbook. Some of the recipes look fantastic! There's even one for "Mockahlua" that's supposed to taste like real Kahlua. It's made with instant coffee crystals and vodka, among other things.

Tonight we have a wedding to attend. I'll try to be good, I promise. But I do plan to have a glass or two of wine. If I dance a lot, maybe some of those extra calories/carbs will disappear.

Tomorrow we're leaving for our trip to Myrtle Beach. We'll be driving with an overnight stop at our other DS's home in southern Maryland.

I'm really looking forward to a week on the beach relaxing and getting a tan while DH is golfing with his retired buddies who live there.

Today I am changing my clippie back one notch since I still haven't lost the 3 pounds I gained two weekends ago. I've been exercising and really trying, but no luck. I have to comfort myself that I'm eating healthier, exercising more, and drinking lots of water.

Thanks, MeMe,
I know I really need this one. Talk to you all when I return.

Nancy J

Got back this morning from vacationing at Myrtle Beach, SC. It was so relaxing! Lounged by the pools, lazy river, jacuzzi's and even sat on the beach and got wet in the ocean! What a difference in temperature between the ocean in NJ and SC.

I am happy to report that I stayed on plan with the exception of some cappucinocoladas topped with whipped cream at poolside and some wine with dinner. We ate all our meals at restaurants so I was a little hesitant to get on the scale this morning. But I did walk on the beach and around town a bit. So for the good news...I lost a pound!

I'll be spending the day catching up on laundry, visiting, etc. I'll try to fit in some bike riding or walking later in the day.

:Pinkbounc Losing a pound while on vacation - good for you!! You exercised and stayed on plan for the most part! Sounds like a great trip, Nancy - especially that part about relaxing by the pool with a cold drink! ::yes:: Glad you had a good time!

I hope your Monday is turning out to be a good day!! :sunny:

Well, the pound I lost on vacation is back! I guess eating at home is worse for me than eating out. It could be the evening snack of nuts/cheese.

Memorial Day here is gloomy, and it's supposed to rain later this afternoon. I've been riding my bike everyday now for a while, but today doesn't look promising. I've been eating on plan but it doesn't seem to matter in the weight loss department. But I've been feeling fine.

We're going to DD's house for a BBQ later and I'm helping her wallpaper DGS's bedroom and get the other bedroom ready for new baby girl due in July. She's been really busy with the new house, working full time, and preparing for the little one.

I'm bring the burgers, hot dogs, and my "faux" potato salad, so I know I'll be O.K. in the food department. It's just a shame that the weather isn't cooperating because she has a beautiful inground pool in her back yard. Oh well...

Nancy, it's nice and :sunny: out today - hopefully you'll get a bike ride in! If you ride by Meme's house, wave for me!!

I'm ready for that low-carb margarita recipe! This weekend would be a good one to try it!

Hope you have a wonderful Friday! :sunny:

I got all my Friday exercise running around work like a nut because they were short handed. I had to hang up all the signs and price labels for the new sale which starts on Fridays. Then I went over to DD's house to hang wallpaper for 3 hours. I finally got done!

Today I'm cleaning and shopping for her baby shower which we're having tomorrow. She should be really surprised. Just in time for the occasion, master bath's toilet is leaking into the kitchen ceiling. DH checked but had to call the plumber who can't come until Monday. Oh, well. There's always something to keep things from being easy.

Rainy day today, so little chance for a bike ride. I will try to squeeze one in if it clears up for a while. I'm planning some low carb recipes to go along with the traditional shower fare. Stuffed mushrooms and artichoke parmesan dip (I 'll be using celery to dip!)

Nancy, you definitely got your exercise!! WOW! I think you deserve a rest day after all the work you did yesterday!

Best wishes for a wonderful baby shower tomorrow! I'm sure everything will turn out nice and your DD will have a great shower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter