Disney Grannie's journal (life after Grave's Disease)

nancyj_pa

<font color=006633>Disney Grannie<br><font color=9
Into my 3rd week now. Been exercising almost every day...swimming, biking, walking as much as my achey knees will allow. No further weight loss. It's really a slow process for me. I haven't cheated at all...no flour, no sugar, low carbs.

Every pound is a struggle. Very depressing!

Just got back from a bike ride with DH. Having some headaches and feeling tired. 17 days without cheating. I feel guilty if my broccoli crown is too big!

I feel guilty if my broccoli crown is too big

Hee hee, Nancyj--you made me chuckle with that one!:p
Seventeen days without cheating is a terrific accomplishment. I hope that 15 days from now I can say the same thing! You're my inspiration for today!

Let's hear it for Bucks County WISH women!
Lulu:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Well, another day with no weight loss. Maybe I should just stop weighing myself every day.

Ate the typical three meals and drank plenty of water.

My usual breakfast:
A few tablespoons of cottage cheese with a few blueberries. A large glass of water. Two cups of "light" coffee with half and half.

My usual lunch:
Two hard boiled eggs. Sometimes I have chicken salad and 1 egg or a salad. 2 glasses of water.

My usual dinner:
Salad - mostly lettuce, some onion, sprinkle on a little mozzarella cheese. Tonight cauliflower "potato salad". Other nights it's broccoli, zucchini squash, or cole slaw (shredded cabbage & mayo). A nice barbecued fillet mignon. Usually it's chicken or fish. More water. Decaf coffee after dinner.

Snack: 1 oz nuts. Peanuts tonight. I usually try for macademias since they have very little carbs. A couple of more glasses of water.

Didn't get to exercise today. Babysat gradson after dinner (my usual bikeriding/walking time). Should have taken him out but he was tired out from camp.

That's it for today.

Lulu,
Thanks for the encouraging words. I keep on trying.

I know you'll do well.

Nancy J.

Hi Disney Grannie,

Keep journaling & biking, it will make the difference. Sounds like Atkins, is that right? Don't weigh everyday, it can be quite depressing. Which for me makes me lose my cheat free status. I'm doing bad this week, but my clothes fit so much better. We're neighbors, I'm in Tyler Walk. Maybe I'll see you biking.

Keep the faith and I'll check in again
:Pinkbounc

Hi neighbor,
I'm in Tyler Walk too. Been here about 24 years now. Do you bike every day? We bike a few times a week, usually after dinner before it gets dark.

I'm not getting weighed until Sunday. That will be my 3 week mark.

By the way, I'm on the Protein Power diet. It's a lot like Atkins. Low carbs. I've tried just about every one there is over the years. This one worked for me once before (only about 15 pounds worth) and I find it easy to follow...just boring after a while. It took 6 months to lose the 15 pounds with very little cheating. Then Thanksgiving came along...the stuffing, cranberries, etc.

I limit carbs to about 25 - 30 per day max. I also drink at least 8 glasses of water. The only other beverage I drink is coffee...light (half regular, half decaf) in the A.M. and decaf after dinner.

Next week I'm going to the Jersey shore for five days. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep this up. I'm really determined.

Tyler Walk singles or townhomes, do you bike in the development? I don't bike but sometimes walk. I just checked the newtown bike shop to get my bike serviced and buy a child seat so I can get back on the towpath. I need to do stuff early am to fit it into my day except weekends. Have you done the canal towpath?

The jersey shore will be hard, at least it is for me. So stay focused and walk that beach, great for your calves.

Hi Auntmeme,
I live in the singles...the first section built(409). We do ride only in the development for now. We never tried the canal path but have biked across the street in Tyler Park. We haven't done that in years and don't think I can bike back up the hill to come home. By the way, DH bought my bike for me at the Newtown bike shop two years ago.

We usually bike along Parkview between Connover and the end of North Park is it? Before the hill we turn back toward home and go in and out all the cul de sacs. My DH goes all the way around the development when he is alone, but I can't do the hills. My knees ache too bad. Maybe I can work up to it before winter.

I'm looking forward to the shore. My sister has a home on the beach where we'll be staying. At least I can prepare food at home and we don't have to eat out. I should do O.K.

Nancy

I ate very lightly so far today. A few spoonfuls of cottage cheese for breakfast with coffee. About 4 large glasses of water. Two tablespoons of chicken salad. In work, I got lots of exercise today. Did a lot of walking around and some climbing.

Trying to decide what to do about dinner. Trying to clear out the refrigerator before vacation. Maybe an omelet.

Saturday, 8/23

I couldn't wait until tomorrow to get weighed. Isn't that awful. I had to peek. I lost 2 pounds this week which is great for me. If I could do that every week I'd have it made. Usually, about 2 pounds per month is what I lose when dieting.

Every pound is encouraging. I'm going to try to weigh in less often. That way I won't get depressed when nothing happens.

The weather is beautiful here this weekend. Great opportunity to exercise. I'm going to try to do laps in the pool, ride my bike, and take a couple of walks.

Way to go! it was beautiful today hope you got in all that exercise. Awesome 2 lbs gone forever:Pinkbounc

Sunday, August 24

Hi Meme,

Yesterday I did get in the bike ride. The only walking I did was around the Acme buying a few things for DH's birthday barbecue today. His actual birthday is tomorrow, but we'll be at the Jersey shore. So DD, DS, and their families are coming over this afternoon.

This morning DH and I walked around Tyler Park on their exercise trail. It was beautiful, both weatherwise and the scenery was great.
It's a little over a mile. Along the way there are 20 exercise points where you can stop and do the exercise listed on the sign.

It was a little hilly and my knees were aching which caused us to slow down a bit. But it was fun and I'll try to do it more ofter.

Today I had cottage cheese for breakfast, a salad with chicken in it for lunch, and plan to have steak and/or chicken for dinner with a little cauliflower salad. I made potato salad for everyone else and they're having corn on the cob.

I'm bring lots of my foods with me tomorrow when I leave for the shore. Salads, dressing, chicken, steak, tuna, cottage cheese, bottled water, etc. so I'll have plenty to eat without being tempted. I probably will have some white wine though. After all, it is vacation and the wine has very little carbs. :bounce: :bounce:

Yippee!! Congratulations on your 2 lb. loss! That's fantastic. You've been so committed and faithful to your plan and it paid off. Enjoy your time at the shore; hopefully this beautiful weather will hold out while you're there.

In honor of all your efforts::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :

Thanks lulu, auntmeme, and all the rest of you for your support. Today was the end of my 3rd week. I did get weighed again and lost 1 more pound. That's a total of 8. Hope to have it to 10 by next Sunday if vacation doesn't do me in!

Way to go 1lb loss:Pinkbounc

I have faith that you'll stick to your plan as best you can and you'll walk & ride around the beach so much you'll burn a ton of fat. But please don't send it my way. :p

Stay focused we're here for you!

Friday evening...just got back from a few days at the shore. I followed my diet and did great on that. But my ankles swelled up and my knees ached the entire time. My sister has an upside down house with the kitchen, etc upstairs and the bedrooms and family room downstairs. I must have walked up and down the stairs at least 20 to 25 times per day. Also, the beach is eroding and is now difficult to navigate up and down to get to the ocean. The sand is SO deep, and there's a giant hill to navigate over the dunes. I went to the beach 3 days and then my legs gave out. I did manage a walk on the boardwalk one evening with my grandson and his cousins.

Now I'm going to catch up on my mail and newspapers and sit with my feet up. I'm drinking lots of water and hopefully will reduce the swelling soon. This happened on my cruise four months ago too. I swelled from all the walking I did (and probably the heat didn't help either).

I'm going to wait until Sunday to weigh in. I'm afraid I'd be disappointed now with all this water weight.

Sunday, Aug 31

Weigh in was this morning. What a disaster! I gained 5 pounds since Monday morning. I had no sugar or flour all week. No sweets. I probably had more carbs than usual while at the shore...barbecue sauce on some ribs I was served, a few glasses of white wine, and some vinagrette dressing on a salad while eating out (no ranch/blue cheese available).

Lack of exercise was probably a factor. However, four months ago on my cruise (long before dieting started) I ate anything and everything and only gained three pounds in 8 days.

I am discouraged, disappointed, and feel like a failure. I am continuing on though. I will not give up. My swollen feet seem to be back to normal and my knees feel a bit better today. I will ride my bike and do some walkiing if I can tolerate it.

:( :( :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter