Disney Gift Cards

At the Disney Gift Card website if I add $$$ to a Canadian gift card (purchased here in Canada at dollarama) is that purchase in Canadian Dollars? Like if add $500 to a card I am being charged $500 Canadian on my credit card?
Yes, it's charged in CDN dollars and then when you use them Disney uses the posted exchange rate from the previous business day, almost to the penny. The big advantages to doing it this way for our family are earning reward points/miles on whatever credit card we use to buy the gift cards and then not getting nailed with the foreign transaction fee if we decided to simply charge everything while down there.

SIde note - the only reason to use the Disney gift card website is to consolidate multiple cards up to a max of $1000 CDN, you aren't storing them to be able to use from an online/electronic wallet. ALSO, keep any of the cards used because purchases will be refunded to the same card you used.

Thanks!
My reason for wanting to do this is mainly to spread the cost of our final resort payment over two different credit cards which have different billing dates. Only one of those cards is without international transaction fees so for the other I thought I would buy a gift card or two with it and apply that balance to the trip electronically. I have like 10 of those dollarama cards from the big shop during airmiles maxpass fun so I was going to use one of those to do this today by adding funds to them on the site, then right away logging into MDE and applying the amount there.

This should work?

I think my plan makes sense, feel free to point out my mistakes though. It helps.

Foiled.
Online reloads of cards are not allowed.
you can call and apply the gift cards to your reservation if that's what you mean? We just take the gift cards with us and use them when we check in, never had an issue doing it this way in over 10 years. I also picked up a ton of $30 gift cards during the MAXPASS frenzy and then combined them onto one card that we used to pay for meals

you can call and apply the gift cards to your reservation if that's what you mean? We just take the gift cards with us and use them when we check in, never had an issue doing it this way in over 10 years. I also picked up a ton of $30 gift cards during the MAXPASS frenzy and then combined them onto one card that we used to pay for meals
What was the max pass frenzy? Do I need to keep and eye out for more sales

What was the max pass frenzy? Do I need to keep and eye out for more sales
It was a promo connected to Airmiles and BMO Mastercard - they basically paid me to launder my own money! Spend $30 once per day, get 10 miles but that week they had an offer that let me get 30x those miles each time. Spend $30 get 300 miles which is worth about $31 in airmiles and I still had the $30 disney gift cards. If you collect airmiles it might be worth your while to check in with the rest of us! My most recent use of the miles was an annual pass and I'll soon have enough to get 2 adult tickets to after hours events at Magic Kingdom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter