Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any one used the Target Gift Card Trade-in program? (https://targettrade-in.com/Online/Home/GiftCardProgram.rails) I don't do any intense churning so I wouldn't use it for that, but I am thinking it would get me more value out of a few GCs I have for places I don't go (as long as my Target still allows using Target GC to purchase Disney GC, which has been the case so far).
I looked into it, but the value wasn't that great unless you had a card you absolutely wouldn't use and wanted a quick exchange. It also didn't take the cards I had that I wanted to try and trade (Outback, Amazon). Every business has its own trade value so it may be 15% on one and something else on another, but you can't tell what it is until you try and trade it in at a Target kiosk, as far as I could determine. The example I saw when googling it was that you could get an $85 Target card for a $100 WM card. Here's some more info https://hip2save.com/2016/09/07/tar...or-target-gift-cards-instantly-in-store-only/

Can you use bed, bath and beyond cards to buy disney cards. Or the coupon.

Yes as to the BB&B gift cards for Disney gift cards, as the POS system accepts it; but people in this thread have found redeeming BB&B GC>Disney GC highly YMMV as there are a lot of misinformed cashiers and managers who say you absolutely cannot and will go so far as to accuse you of engaging in money laundering.

No to using the 20% off coupons for any discounts on gift cards.

Lowes does not allow you to use a Lowes GC to purchase another GC.
I think they were saying you’d trade the Lowe’s GC in (using Target’s trade in program) for a Target gift card (likely at a considerable loss) — and then convert the resulting Target GC into Disney?

I think they were saying you’d trade the Lowe’s GC in (using Target’s trade in program) for a Target gift card (likely at a considerable loss) — and then convert the resulting Target GC into Disney?
That’s how I read it too. I think a $50 Disney gift card would end up costing $55 using this method!

a long time ago... think it was in pgs 100-200 of this thread... i remember someone bringing up this and saying it operated much like the gift card exchange machine in the stores. is that coin star. you get a partial value for the gift card on a target gift card.

edit to add: here is the old thread on it. https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...for-a-target-gift-card.3514771/#post-55845908
Thank you! I tried searching but didn’t find it.

And thanks all for the other replies. Very helpful!

I have a sort of random question, just hoping you guys can look to see if I'm missing anything. I'm trying to decide if a Sam's Club membership is worth it, with the AMEX deal and one of the new membership offers like the $20 GC or GC + free food items. We have Sam's and Costco in our area, and a membership to Costco.

I have a Discover it card, and up to this point, I've never had a reason to max out the $1500 cap on Disney GCs when warehouse clubs are a category. We're looking at an extended family cruise next year, so we'd be paying for our cabin plus splitting the in-laws as a gift, but we would be the ones getting the money from the others and managing their reservation. Anything saved on their reservation could be given back to the others, or we could give the in-laws as a GC to cover on board charges.

Pros for membership: Hopefully being able to get them in person at the store if needed. Also I usually use earnings from sites like Swagbucks for Target GCs right now, and turn them straight into Disney GCs, so I could switch that to Walmart which would stretch those a little bit, $30 to $40 extra overall from now until the trip. And maybe I find other non-GC things to buy there.

Cons for membership: Sam's and BJ's best discount is 4%, making it about 8.8% with the cashback, and right now BJ's requires no membership online. Last time I ordered I got 3% back with Mr Rebates, so if it's still working that would put me ahead. If I get a membership and starting getting Walmart GCs from Swagbucks, I'd get $50 off per month (2 accounts) of a $150 pack, or have to save them up to cover the $150, vs just getting the straight $50 with no OOP cost from Target each month like I do currently.

Really we have two Discover cards we could max and two quarters with warehouse clubs this year we could max (minus a tank of gas yesterday :)). And I'll most likely be getting a Chase Freedom card in the next month or so, if they do warehouse clubs again. Also hopefully there will be some deals that are better than 8.8% throughout the year, since we'd be looking at almost $10k between the two cabins.

Any other pros/cons for a membership I'm missing, or you feel I should be considering? And I understand this is all speculation, because we never know when things will change. I'm just going off how things are currently.

I have a sort of random question, just hoping you guys can look to see if I'm missing anything. I'm trying to decide if a Sam's Club membership is worth it, with the AMEX deal and one of the new membership offers like the $20 GC or GC + free food items. We have Sam's and Costco in our area, and a membership to Costco.

I have a Discover it card, and up to this point, I've never had a reason to max out the $1500 cap on Disney GCs when warehouse clubs are a category. We're looking at an extended family cruise next year, so we'd be paying for our cabin plus splitting the in-laws as a gift, but we would be the ones getting the money from the others and managing their reservation. Anything saved on their reservation could be given back to the others, or we could give the in-laws as a GC to cover on board charges.

Pros for membership: Hopefully being able to get them in person at the store if needed. Also I usually use earnings from sites like Swagbucks for Target GCs right now, and turn them straight into Disney GCs, so I could switch that to Walmart which would stretch those a little bit, $30 to $40 extra overall from now until the trip. And maybe I find other non-GC things to buy there.

Cons for membership: Sam's and BJ's best discount is 4%, making it about 8.8% with the cashback, and right now BJ's requires no membership online. Last time I ordered I got 3% back with Mr Rebates, so if it's still working that would put me ahead. If I get a membership and starting getting Walmart GCs from Swagbucks, I'd get $50 off per month (2 accounts) of a $150 pack, or have to save them up to cover the $150, vs just getting the straight $50 with no OOP cost from Target each month like I do currently.

Really we have two Discover cards we could max and two quarters with warehouse clubs this year we could max (minus a tank of gas yesterday :)). And I'll most likely be getting a Chase Freedom card in the next month or so, if they do warehouse clubs again. Also hopefully there will be some deals that are better than 8.8% throughout the year, since we'd be looking at almost $10k between the two cabins.

Any other pros/cons for a membership I'm missing, or you feel I should be considering? And I understand this is all speculation, because we never know when things will change. I'm just going off how things are currently.

I am probably one of the least helpful person to answer but I will give it a shot. We also have a Costco and Sams Club. I spend a ton at Costco (it is the $100 store at least once a week). I thought about getting the Sams Club membership under the offer, but said something to DH. His response was “but we don’t want to go to Sams Club why would you bother?” So then I thought about that. I am happy with using the Discover for BJ’s. No BJ’s in my area (or even close) but I have been happy with ordering online and their prompt efficient customer service. But I am also not trying to gather up $10k. That is a ton of money tied up in gift cards!

Only tangentially related to Disney gift cards at Sam's - but I am going to be re-joining Sam's with the current AmEx offer because they sell the contacts that my daughter wears at a price that is far better than anywhere else. Costco used to sell them but doesn't anymore, which is how I ended up with my first Sam's membership - but the current Sam's price is even better than the old Costco price. You might see if there are things that you would buy anyway that are cheaper at Sam's. Also, you might want to walk through your local store and see what their supply of gift cards is. I am not currently buying Disney gift cards but it seems that some locations are better than others about stocking them.

We just bought a $500.00 Disney gift card this past Wed at our local Sams for $479.98.

Which store was it that you had success with? I'll need to take note in case my Brea or Fullerton Targets don't work out.

Escondido, so probably a bit far for you to travel unless you were heading down that way anyhow. We were there for a sports tournament. ;)

Just got back from my Brea store (which is just a few miles from the GG store on Harbor) and I purchased about $250 worth of miscellaneous items including a $100 Disney Gift Card. Cashier didn't flinch when I handed her 2 Target gift cards. Phew. I'll be sure to stay away from those 3 stores.

I'm so glad it wasn't a problem at your local stores!

The Targets closest to me no longer allow Target GC to purchase Disney GC as of this summer per a district manager policy. This is out in the Temecula/Murrieta area. Sounds like some of the Southern California district managers are getting the same idea.

I'm not glad your local stores stopped allowing it, but I am glad to know it's not just me. It was strange because I asked every cashier who denied it whether it was a new policy, and they all looked at me like I was nuts, but I know I've converted Target to Disney at 2 of those 3 stores for sure. I just don't remember how recently it was.

Ugh. I had this same issue with Walgreens' Southern California stores. While everyone else was able to churn them throughout the country, I got shut out at several in L.A. and Orange County. I hope this isn't the case with Target. I was successful today doing it but I fear it won't be long if other O.C. and now Riverside Targets are banning it.

The only positive I see is that I shop at Target A LOT. So being stuck with several hundred dollars worth is not that big of an issue.

When I thought I wouldn't be able to convert Target to Disney I was frustrated that my budget would be thrown a bit out of whack, but it wasn't really a huge deal because Target GC's hold value for me too. :)

So I just bought my $500 giftcard at SAMs yesterday with my discover card. I’m trying to decide if I should wait and see if Discover credits the 5% to my rewards or not before buying more... but that will put us close to our date leaving before they credit it.... but then part of me says just do it. Plus since its 5% on gas stations too... I’ll max out my $1500 max easily between the 2, so I may should only buy gas and gift cards on my Discover this month- I don’t feel I’m going to be able to get as much off of this as I would like... but I will definitely max it out.

Even if you didn't use the Sam's membership for your Dis gc's, its not a terrible thing to have. Can you can get it free using the referral link ($20 gift card) + the Amex offer? If so, then why not just go ahead and get it? We have found that Sam's has cheaper prices on things we buy vs Costco + you can use the Sam's gift cards at Walmart. Additionally, Costco/Sam's gas is the cheapest around.

If it were me, I'd look for a better discount on the Disney cards (my target is 20%). If your cruise is getting close, and you still need Disney cards, then use your Sam's cards. If you end up with a surplus of Sam's, thats not terrible!

Does anyone know the dates of the most recent Best Buy gift card deal? When should we be expecting our $15 bonus gift cards and what are the redemption dates? TIA!

Does anyone know the dates of the most recent Best Buy gift card deal? When should we be expecting our $15 bonus gift cards and what are the redemption dates? TIA!

$15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 1/21/18 for use toward a future purchase made from 1/21/18-2/3/18

Check your AMEX offers for the $15 off a $30 purchase online at Sam's Club. I signed up my husband back in October when there was a membership deal. We haven't stepped foot into Sam's Club yet, but I was easily able to order Disney gift cards off the site and have them shipped to me. So, if you have the $25 off $45 AMEX offer and you don't have a Sam's Club near you, you can still take advantage of gift card deals. I purchased a $60 Sam's Club gift card using two different AMEX cards and I can confirm that I received the $15 credit on both AMEX cards. I did this multiple times with all my AMEX cards with the offer. Once I received the Sam's Club gift card, you have to click through the link to activate. I've had two instances where the gift card didn't activate and had to email or initiate a chat to have the card activated. Once all the cards are activated, I purchased the $150 Disney pack for $144. I used two AMEX cards plus you can use up to 4 Sam's Club cards. I ended up saving about 50%. Yeah, it's a pain and effort, but I'll take the savings! I did go through a cash back portal. I used TopCashBack and BEFrugal, though I'm not getting my hopes up that the gift card purchases will track.

Target, I went into my local target in Sterling Heights, MI and I didn't have any trouble using my Target Gift Cards to pay for my Disney Gift cards. The girl was newer and forgot to hit total before she scanned them off my phone. She did need to add the access code manually on the ones that I had in my wallet.

You can get a $60 gift card and use two AMEX cards as a split payment.

Hi everyone, Check your Amex accounts for a targeted offer of $15 off a $30 purchase at Sam Club ONLINE only. You can purchase a $20 and a $10 Sams club gift card (they don't have a $30 option online) and then use that to buy Disney gift cards. If you don't have a Sam's Club membership you will pay $3 extra, but it is still a great deal to get $30 of Walmart/Sam's Club gift cards for $18 (40% savings).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter