• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those who use the BB cards from PPDG in-store at BB, do the cashiers have to manually type in card numbers? I've never bought a digital BB card, so I wasn't sure if they had a scan barcode or just the numbers. I'm thinking of maybe trying out that route, but want to draw as little attention to myself as possible. :)

To those who use the BB cards from PPDG in-store at BB, do the cashiers have to manually type in card numbers? I've never bought a digital BB card, so I wasn't sure if they had a scan barcode or just the numbers. I'm thinking of maybe trying out that route, but want to draw as little attention to myself as possible. :)
You print it out and they scan the bar code on the page.

I didn't see a reply to you, so here's my experience.

Last night, after checking out, I noticed that my eBucks total was adjusted downward on the check out page. My heart was sinking, especially after the problems that I've had the last couple of days! I went to the "my ebay" page and clicked on the eBucks link. That page showed that I got credit for the 5X promo and my new total was correct. Check that page first and then contact eBay if it's not correct.
Thank you so much for your reply. It did not give me the 5x bonus, but they did allow me to cancel.

You print it out and they scan the bar code on the page.

Thanks so much. Ok, that makes me feel a little better about trying this. I think I'll start out with a small amount just to see. Of course, my BB is about a half hour away, so I think I'll have my hubs run there (only about 10 minutes out of his way) on his way home from work tomorrow to make sure they even carry Ebay cards. This is the only other viable churning method I can think of for me at this point.

Just wanted to share for anyone that might benefit. In Feb I bought a $1000 United Airlines gift certificate during a promo on ebay. It was $899 and I got ebucks for the purchase. The seller had 100% rating and a few hundred in seller feedback. I bought it mostly with cash since that was when there was the limit of $5000 in gift cards per 180 days. I paid through my PP account. Well I called the airline to ask a question since they changed the flight time and it was only giving me 35 minutes to change planes from the domestic terminal to the international terminal. After saying my account was flagged and to call a specific person I was able to find out that the certificate was deactivated as it was purchased with a stolen CC. They did not contact me as it was deemed fraud and therefore they just cancelled the tickets. So.....it has been too long to file via ebay but you have 180 days with PP. I filed the claim on it 2 weeks ago and still have heard nothing from PP. I see the seller has not posted any new items since Feb and sold several of these certificates at the same time as mine, all feedback is 100% for those as it worked at first to purchase the tickets. But.....now waiting for something for PP as the person is verified on PP and see what happens, I can not rebuy the tickets without the return of my money. Arrgh. So just an FYI. United will honor the price I paid for the same tickets if I repurchase them.

Just wanted to share for anyone that might benefit. In Feb I bought a $1000 United Airlines gift certificate during a promo on ebay. It was $899 and I got ebucks for the purchase. The seller had 100% rating and a few hundred in seller feedback. I bought it mostly with cash since that was when there was the limit of $5000 in gift cards per 180 days. I paid through my PP account. Well I called the airline to ask a question since they changed the flight time and it was only giving me 35 minutes to change planes from the domestic terminal to the international terminal. After saying my account was flagged and to call a specific person I was able to find out that the certificate was deactivated as it was purchased with a stolen CC. They did not contact me as it was deemed fraud and therefore they just cancelled the tickets. So.....it has been too long to file via ebay but you have 180 days with PP. I filed the claim on it 2 weeks ago and still have heard nothing from PP. I see the seller has not posted any new items since Feb and sold several of these certificates at the same time as mine, all feedback is 100% for those as it worked at first to purchase the tickets. But.....now waiting for something for PP as the person is verified on PP and see what happens, I can not rebuy the tickets without the return of my money. Arrgh. So just an FYI. United will honor the price I paid for the same tickets if I repurchase them.
This is the second time I have heard of this happening with airline tickets. They originally work, then later they are canceled when the credit card is deemed stolen. For this reason, I will never buy airline gift cards on eBay.
I sure hope you get this worked out, what a pain, and heartache to lose that much money.

I just did screen shots if the gc and let them scan those they also had to type in a pin

How successful has everyone been recently using Sears/Kmart GC's to purchase other 3rd party GC's? My brother, who is much more experienced than I am, forwarded me the SVM deal, but everything I've read seems to point to minimum success.

He reports success purchasing Disney w/ his Sears GC's. He lives about an hour from me.

I ordered $150 in target gift cards alone last week and got the 5% no problem. Paid with Target GC's I got from my credit card rewards.

I just had them scan mine from my phone. Then, they had to manually input the pin. Very easy!

How successful has everyone been recently using Sears/Kmart GC's to purchase other 3rd party GC's? My brother, who is much more experienced than I am, forwarded me the SVM deal, but everything I've read seems to point to minimum success.

He reports success purchasing Disney w/ his Sears GC's. He lives about an hour from me.

Start from page 730 and start reading. You'll get a sense of what does/doesn't work.

Start from page 730 and start reading. You'll get a sense of what does/doesn't work.

Thanks Bruin. I've been following the thread for about 4 weeks. I started at around 510 and read into the 590's. Then I went from about page 720ish until now.

The reason I asked, was much earlier in the thread, it seemed like Sears/Kmart was dead for most when it came to GC-GC. Recently, with no Target on GCM's eBay store, and no eBay on Target, I saw some exploring other routes and stating they had success a few times. That, coupled with my brother's reported success, made me think it was a good idea to ask and see if anyone else had success recently. Seeing the headache PPDG is causing many people, I'd prefer to avoid that route as long as possible (EBay-PPDG-BB, etc)

So, catching up on all those pages certainly has given me a sense of what does and doesn't work. My question was more directed at recent attempts, as there was debate on many other forums as to whether it was hard-coded at the register (Granted, those debates were 1/2016). If others are having recent success, it might help me decide.

I realize it will be a case of YMMV.

Sorry this is so long. I just thought I'd share my experience this week with the 5x promo, GCM & PPDG. A little late here, but been too busy to post.I guess after reading posts here, and particularly @Lain 's posts about buying physical GS gc's, and then the BB egc's, I'd give those a try. I figured right now I have $1900 ebay already. So, with the 5x promo I got I thought if I could do the physical GS cards and still buy Ebay cards, I'd still be where I am now if I did a churn thru there and I'd make some money. Just trying to keep it moving while wait for the Target GCM gc's to come back, which I'm expecting to happen at sometime. At this point, I'm still trusting the email of mine that they replies to that they will be restocking the target gc's.

So, Tuesday evening I first tried to buy BB thru PPDG. It refused the transaction when signing into pp, after I had put in the gc numbers.Then tried GCM for the physical GS. Didn't work and I had to call PP. He said he fixed the hold or w.e. on my account and just waitlike 30 min, and I should be able to buy. Well that didn't work, of course. So I figured I'd call Wed morning, but couldn't try till afternoon. But, first I decided to try buy some from GCM, just to verify it wouldn't work. I was surprised I was able to buy $900 in GS physical gc's that should arrive early next week! I also had first called GS to confirm I could use them. Then he said, wait, a few things changed but let me check with my manager. Yikes! But he came back and said yes, no problem at all. They had new visa prepaid cards you couldn't buy with the GS gc's but that was it, anything else was fine, and he named off some GC's they sell, including loadable Ebay cards.

Then I figured I might as well try some BB gc's thru PPDG just to try my luck again. And, wahoo, I was able to put thru $400! I did have to verify my computer a couple times. I got a notice that they thought there was fraud. I reset everything as directed and tried again. And, after doing that one time, it said I couldn't use my two gc's they listed and was going to charge to my back up cc on paypal. So, I backed out of that, and tried again. This time I used two other Ebay gc's that I had and they went thru just fine no problem(other than the verify computer a couple times, lol, which they did by having me text '1' if I was trying to make a purchase, '2' if I was not. ). I was pretty happy with that! So, later I tried to put another order thru of $400 in ebay gc's It did lock me out, which I expected by then, and got another fraud warning, and fixed password. Anyway, I called in to pp. told them it was locking me out from making purchases. He was great and it seemed pretty simple, didn't have to verify with all the questions, etc. He fixed it and thought it would work and so I tried again and decided to do all $600 in ebay gc's that I had, and had him wait while I did it. I told him I had $600 in ebay gc's to use and he said no problem, take your time, and he'd wait. And, no issue at all using all ebay gc's to pay. It went super smoothly there and I was again pretty happy with that!

So I made $190 ebucks, having made a good few churns! Even with having to verify and call, luckily it didnt take super long at all and I made some decent ebucks that I am very excited about! Good payment for a bit of a hassle but all in all a successful outcome at this point!

So, almost done here, lol. Again, sorry so long.

I got my BB egc's very quickly. I got the $400 before they closed so went to see how that would go. I had spoken to a woman the night before who had just set up a big display of gc's, including Ebay loadable cards and Disney gc's. She apologized for the person who told me they don't sell them, and told me I could buy any third party gc's with the BB gc's, but not visa ones. She told me to ask for her when I went in if I needed help. So, when I went in last night she saw me getting the ebay card and asked if I had called. She remembered me and actually seemed excited to talk to me and show me the set up she had recently set up with all the gc's. I wasn't buying Disney cards but she saw my disney shirt and dooney and bourke wristlet I had, and she started talking Disney as she's a big fan as well. Anyway, we had a good conversation. She scanned my cards from my phone and typed in the pin number. And I got rewards! It really couldn't have gone any better! I asked if there were any limits on how often you could load an Ebay card like that and she said no, absolutely not, as they have no right to tell you what you can spend your money on!

Oops, I forgot I was then locked out of purchasing anymore - when I tried another card just to test it, it said unable to load cart. Seems to be available now, just checked without checking out.

Thanks Bruin. I've been following the thread for about 4 weeks. I started at around 510 and read into the 590's. Then I went from about page 720ish until now.

The reason I asked, was much earlier in the thread, it seemed like Sears/Kmart was dead for most when it came to GC-GC. Recently, with no Target on GCM's eBay store, and no eBay on Target, I saw some exploring other routes and stating they had success a few times. That, coupled with my brother's reported success, made me think it was a good idea to ask and see if anyone else had success recently. Seeing the headache PPDG is causing many people, I'd prefer to avoid that route as long as possible (EBay-PPDG-BB, etc)

So, catching up on all those pages certainly has given me a sense of what does and doesn't work. My question was more directed at recent attempts, as there was debate on many other forums as to whether it was hard-coded at the register (Granted, those debates were 1/2016). If others are having recent success, it might help me decide.

I realize it will be a case of YMMV.
The reports of success seem to be limited to physical gift cards and purchases of $100 or less.

More BB and PPDG update: Last month, I was initially able to buy lots of BB GCs from PPDG. However, then I ran into problems where I would get the transaction error after logging into PP to pay for the BB GC from PPDG with eBay GCs. I tried everything from going to limitations dept. to security dept. The reason I was getting the "Transaction Error" was that PP would refuse to log on for the PPDG purchase (keep in mind everything immediately afterwards with GCM worked perfectly). After hours on multiple phone calls with PP I was able to buy $100 of BB GC (about 1-2 weeks after my last BB GC purchase). Some of the stories I was told include 1.) There's a $1,000 limit/month from PPDG; 2.) The automated security software has to get used to the spending pattern. Given the troubles I had, I basically just stopped. I had hit the $1,000 limit pretty much within a week at the beginning of last month (when I first tried the BB GC route).

However, some time at the end of last month, or earlier this month (after I stopped buying BB), I got a phone call out of the blue from PP which wanted to know if this spending was going to "be the norm" from now on so they could adjust the software some how.

Earlier this week, I was able to purchase $300 BB GC from PPDG on Tuesday, flipped it in BB for $300 eBay GC, and bought another $300 BB GC from PPDG on Wednesday (did not want to change two purchases in the same night). So, there is some hope for general untangling of PPDG errors. However, I am unsure if the $1,000/month limit still exists or not. That was why I saved my attempt for the 5X Ebucks promotion.

Also, for all the BB GC churn, my experience has been, buying eBay GC online with BB GC = order canceled (have tried multiple times). Buying eBay/Disney GC in person = no problem whatsoever (though I don't do it in huge amounts, max is maybe $300 - $400 given that there is a limit for the number of GC you can use for each transaction at eBay). Multiple cashiers have even commented on all of the different types of GC I could've bought instead of the eBay GC. Only prohibition is the Visa/MC/Amex type GC.

I placed an order on Target.com for a Southwest Airlines gift card 6 hours ago using a Target gift card. The order was immediately canceled by Target. The gift card balance I used for the transaction has not been refunded. In the past when this has happened the system usually refunds the gift card within an hour or so. Has anyone else had this issue?

I used Ebay GC the other day to buy BB gift cards from PPDG. Can you do that, then buy Disney in-store?

You may have gotten an answer already, but a bit behind on the last day or two of posts, basically scanning thru till I can catch over the weekend.
Yes, that's what I intend to do eventually. I talked to the long time employee at my BB last night and coming in with my BB egc's, converting to Ebay, and she said I could buy the Disney gc's in store with my BB gc's

So maybe I missed this and someone already posted but even though GCMis still out of stock of target gift cards they updated the listing to now expire Jun 18-seems like maybe they do plan to restock at some point-otherwise why update the listing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter