Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed an order on Target.com for a Southwest Airlines gift card 6 hours ago using a Target gift card. The order was immediately canceled by Target. The gift card balance I used for the transaction has not been refunded. In the past when this has happened the system usually refunds the gift card within an hour or so. Has anyone else had this issue?
This happened to me about a month ago. I waited about 12 hours before I called. I was transfered to a very snotty manager who processed the refund to my original cards. I asked why I had to chase down my refund and she saiid most patient enough to wait 24 hours before bothering them. I couldn't believe how rude she was.

This happened to me about a month ago. I waited about 12 hours before I called. I was transfered to a very snotty manager who processed the refund to my original cards. I asked why I had to chase down my refund and she saiid most patient enough to wait 24 hours before bothering them. I couldn't believe how rude she was.
I waited over 48 hours for my refund before calling. It took more than one phone call before I found a CSR that understood what I was talking about and quickly took care of the refund.

So maybe I missed this and someone already posted but even though GCMis still out of stock of target gift cards they updated the listing to now expire Jun 18-seems like maybe they do plan to restock at some point-otherwise why update the listing?
Because of this, I'm holding on to a sliver of hope. I really don't have a good feeling anymore though. I've only been at this since the first of the year, but from my experience, GCM always restocked within a couple of days. This feels different. IDK why they'd keep the listing, though, unless it is automatic.

Because of this, I'm holding on to a sliver of hope. I really don't have a good feeling anymore though. I've only been at this since the first of the year, but from my experience, GCM always restocked within a couple of days. This feels different. IDK why they'd keep the listing, though, unless it is automatic.
Yeah that is what I am hoping is not the case (that the listing automatically updates for another 30 days) I haven't seen them out for a week before but am hoping they will be selling again since PPDG does not like me-I was able to buy 1 $50 BB card a week and a half ago and have had every PPDG transaction refused since-I have been able to make other eBay purchases but no PPDG

I know before we were all kind of holding out hope of the e-gift cards with GCM. Could it be that they're converting and they have gone through their Target stock, so they're not replenishing until the conversion is through?

If that's their biggest seller, maybe going electronic can help them AND us. We'd get GC's faster, they wouldn't have to ship them in the mail, could possibly restock faster, etc.

Just trying to stay positive ;)

So maybe I missed this and someone already posted but even though GCMis still out of stock of target gift cards they updated the listing to now expire Jun 18-seems like maybe they do plan to restock at some point-otherwise why update the listing?
Interesting! I was looking late last night and it was gone. I could not find it unless I went thru the link from my purchase history link. And that expuref yesterday, I think someone else posted, like at 3 p.m. Pdt(or clues to that time). This gives a little more hope, because as you say, why update if they don't plan On using the page. Maybe the page is down from being searchable to switch it to e giftcards, just being hopeful, lol!

Quick question - I've never used the Raise app but I have a $10 off promo. I see when I select something it says it will be delivered to my Raise Wallet. I'm assuming I can access the card number and pin to use on Target's website from my Raise Wallet?

Quick question - I've never used the Raise app but I have a $10 off promo. I see when I select something it says it will be delivered to my Raise Wallet. I'm assuming I can access the card number and pin to use on Target's website from my Raise Wallet?
Yes. Raise sends you the GC # and the access # in your Raise wallet.

little OT from the last couple of pages..... anyone having issues with ebates lately? I placed an order ( it was for Groupon) under their 15x deal last week, plus I had a 'spend $20,get $10 ' deal on my page....well I did all that,and nothing. The shopping shows, but so far I have emailed twice and heard nothing back except 'send more info'- I have sent them screenshots of both order pages, and I haven't gotten my points. I'm pretty disappointed right now..... I've never had a problem getting points,esp.when it was clearly the proper item etc.(not gc's)

The maximum you can list any item on ebay is 30 days. All those retailers with constant listings auto-renew when the listing expires. This is nothing out of the ordinary.

The maximum you can list any item on ebay is 30 days. All those retailers with constant listings auto-renew when the listing expires. This is nothing out of the ordinary.
That's what I was afraid of - it's not a sign that they will restock, just an auto-renew. Although, at some point, you'd think they would take it down if Target (or eBay??) isn't allowing them to sell them anymore. I guess just time will tell.

I'm not sure I believe any of their responses from GCM to inquires about them restocking. That's probably just a CS rep that has no real clue.

I was afraid it might be an auto renewal thing but I also would think that like @susan137 said that eBay/GCM would delete the listing or stop the auto renewal for a discontinued item at some point (maybe a week isn't long enough for that to happen?) It also makes me wonder if either target or eBay placed some type of limitation on GCM selling target via eBay as they still clearly sell target gift cards via their own site.

little OT from the last couple of pages..... anyone having issues with ebates lately? I placed an order ( it was for Groupon) under their 15x deal last week, plus I had a 'spend $20,get $10 ' deal on my page....well I did all that,and nothing. The shopping shows, but so far I have emailed twice and heard nothing back except 'send more info'- I have sent them screenshots of both order pages, and I haven't gotten my points. I'm pretty disappointed right now..... I've never had a problem getting points,esp.when it was clearly the proper item etc.(not gc's)
I had the same problem with not getting credit for the Groupon deal. I clicked the "where's my cash" link and they credited me right away.

I had the same problem with not getting credit for the Groupon deal. I clicked the "where's my cash" link and they credited me right away.
yeah... I contacted them days ago.... strange... I may have to do it again

yeah... I contacted them days ago.... strange... I may have to do it again

I would contact ebates again. I had to contact them about a Lowes.com purchase a few days ago and they got back to me within minutes and had it credited.

I actually don't think target via GCM is dead, nor do I think ebay from Target is dead. If either of them had moderately competent IT, I might worry more, but I think both are temporary issues.

How successful has everyone been recently using Sears/Kmart GC's to purchase other 3rd party GC's? My brother, who is much more experienced than I am, forwarded me the SVM deal, but everything I've read seems to point to minimum success.

He reports success purchasing Disney w/ his Sears GC's. He lives about an hour from me.
I churned $250 each time, twice in the last week, at two different Kmarts. No issues whatsoever for me (well, other than my local store running low on the cards I want). They did have a sign at the register that said that Visa and Mastercard gift cards can only be purchased with cash (which suggests that the register would allow it if they didn't post the sign). I highly recommend turning digital gift cards into physical gift cards at a Sears before going to Kmart so you can avoid needing a manager override.

I churned $250 each time, twice in the last week, at two different Kmarts. No issues whatsoever for me (well, other than my local store running low on the cards I want). They did have a sign at the register that said that Visa and Mastercard gift cards can only be purchased with cash (which suggests that the register would allow it if they didn't post the sign). I highly recommend turning digital gift cards into physical gift cards at a Sears before going to Kmart so you can avoid needing a manager override.

Thank you! This is what I was hoping for! With the SVM promo running, I was curious about recent transactions. It's nice to see that some people are having success with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter