• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is better to give things a little time than to get whipped into a frenzy anytime something doesn't work quite right. I see this same thing happen several times a week here. People who are "nervous" and "concerned" over so many little things. Or those who declare the end of a method because a change in policy. I was so surprised by the number of naysayers that said it was the end of 5x offers when eBay lifted it's gift card limit. When we actually got a nice coupon and a 4x offer shortly thereafter. I think we all need to calm down and if something changes, we can figure out new methods together. I am sure Target sales are much lower on Easter than other days of the year, so it seemed like a good time for them to do system maintenance. It seems everything is back to normal and we will be able to continue business as usual.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen to them. I ordered a $50 ebay card from target on 3/24. I used a $25 gc I purchased at Kroger along with a $5.00 and $10.00 I had from in store promos and another that had $8 and some change. Used my red debit for the remaining balance. When I went to check out it said $2 something was going to be charged to my red account, but the next day when I looked at my receipt it showed $27 something being charged. There was no amount showing charged to the $25 card, but when I looked up the balance it showed $1.18 remaining. I sent an email inquiry in, but I'm stumped as to what happened to the other amount.

I think it is better to give things a little time than to get whipped into a frenzy anytime something doesn't work quite right. I see this same thing happen several times a week here. People who are "nervous" and "concerned" over so many little things. Or those who declare the end of a method because a change in policy. I was so surprised by the number of naysayers that said it was the end of 5x offers when eBay lifted it's gift card limit. When we actually got a nice coupon and a 4x offer shortly thereafter. I think we all need to calm down and if something changes, we can figure out new methods together. I am sure Target sales are much lower on Easter than other days of the year, so it seemed like a good time for them to do system maintenance. It seems everything is back to normal and we will be able to continue business as usual.
There does seem to be a swift slide into frenzy here (on disboards in general, not just this thread). I was more concerned that my gift cards weren't showing, and my initial post said that I hoped everything would be working today and it was :) Well, as well as it has ever worked ;)

I ordered my Ebay GC's with the Ebay bucks promo on 3/23. Now to decide if I want to spend them this week if there's a promo, or wait until Ebay bucks redemption.. Hmm! I'm not expecting a promo though it would be nice if there was one. :)

I ordered my Ebay GC's with the Ebay bucks promo on 3/23. Now to decide if I want to spend them this week if there's a promo, or wait until Ebay bucks redemption.. Hmm! I'm not expecting a promo though it would be nice if there was one. :)

If there is another promo that is 3x or better, I am going to take advantage. I haven't hit the eBucks limit this quarter, so why not?

I would put in ticket to request the cashback. It's super easy to fill out the form and I've never been turned down. Yesterday, while waiting on ebates to credit my 3 purchases on 3/23, I decided to put in a ticket for another order we put in on 3/24, also on DD25's card. I figured I'd test it out. I put in a ticket and right got , probably an automated, response and then within a half hour another email response that it was approved and credited! Same thing happened about 6 weeks ago and they quickly fixed it. Plus, I put in a ticket in January, for an item at target bought early December, and it was also quickly adjusted. I'd say put in a ticket for your eBay purchases instead of figuring it's closed. Can't hurt and I bet you get your cashback!
I'm trying to figure out how to do this for a few ebay orders I haven't been credited for. What is the order number ebates wants???

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen to them. I ordered a $50 ebay card from target on 3/24. I used a $25 gc I purchased at Kroger along with a $5.00 and $10.00 I had from in store promos and another that had $8 and some change. Used my red debit for the remaining balance. When I went to check out it said $2 something was going to be charged to my red account, but the next day when I looked at my receipt it showed $27 something being charged. There was no amount showing charged to the $25 card, but when I looked up the balance it showed $1.18 remaining. I sent an email inquiry in, but I'm stumped as to what happened to the other amount.
I'm under the impression that Target only allows four forms of payment. I would guess that the $25 gift card was bumped by the credit card payment.

Glad it is all back to normal!

I don't think anyone was whipped into a frenzy or panicking. But a little nervous and concerned, yep...this is Target we are dealing with, after all...the company who bans people for life without any warning and appears unable to protect their system from hackers. Being concerned is perfectly legit.

I'm under the impression that Target only allows four forms of payment. I would guess that the $25 gift card was bumped by the credit card payment.
Bah, I was thinking it was 4 gift cards, not 4 forms of payment. Thankfully this is only the second time I've bought gift cards online with several other orders in the past so hopefully this won't flag my account.

Thanks!

I checked my mypoints account last night and finally got credited for my ebay gift card purchases on Target I did on 3/21.

Bah, I was thinking it was 4 gift cards, not 4 forms of payment. Thankfully this is only the second time I've bought gift cards online with several other orders in the past so hopefully this won't flag my account.

Thanks!

You are right. I regularly use four gift cards plus my RedCard since that's the only way I can get the 5% to work. Not sure why it didn't take that $25 gift card. Very strange.

Glad it is all back to normal!

I don't think anyone was whipped into a frenzy or panicking. But a little nervous and concerned, yep...this is Target we are dealing with, after all...the company who bans people for life without any warning and appears unable to protect their system from hackers. Being concerned is perfectly legit.
EXACTLY!!!
As you said, we've got to consider who we are dealing with here.

I didn't get any ebates for ebay order last week,just submitted a ticket.... usually that works fine.... Yeah,people tend to panic easily b/c it's a bit of a (small) risk to play around with this stuff,to save the $$. It's important to wait sometimes,and don't go calling Target etc with a million questions about all these things unless you are forced to, that just leads to shutdowns and problems... Sometimes I find that a browser doesn't work correctly,esp with my anti malware I'm running, I either have to shut off the application while ordering or use a different browser (firefox instead of glitchy chrome) glad things are working properly again...

I checked my mypoints account last night and finally got credited for my ebay gift card purchases on Target I did on 3/21.

Did you add another item to the cart? I used to use mypoints, but it stopped crediting me on 3/15/2016. I never would add anything to the cart, but still got points.

Did you add another item to the cart? I used to use mypoints, but it stopped crediting me on 3/15/2016. I never would add anything to the cart, but still got points.
Curious about this. My last MyPoints from Target was also 3/15 but I placed at least 4 orders since and I don't add anything extra also. Bummed about it!!

I didn't get any ebates for ebay order last week,just submitted a ticket.... usually that works fine.... Yeah,people tend to panic easily b/c it's a bit of a (small) risk to play around with this stuff,to save the $$. It's important to wait sometimes,and don't go calling Target etc with a million questions about all these things unless you are forced to, that just leads to shutdowns and problems... Sometimes I find that a browser doesn't work correctly,esp with my anti malware I'm running, I either have to shut off the application while ordering or use a different browser (firefox instead of glitchy chrome) glad things are working properly again...

I didn't realize anyone called about the situation yesterday...Thought it was just some musings on the board here about what might be going on...LOL, yeah, calling Target would be panicking!

No, I didn't add anything. My last credit for points was also on 3/15 and then I ordered two ebay gift cards on 03/21 and didn't see the credit on Mypoints for those until last night, I figured I wasn't getting the points because they always show up a lot quicker than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter