• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the maximum dollar amount your comfortable placing in one order from GCM? My concern is if I place a 1k order and USPS loses it am I up the creek without a paddle?

Orders that large come UPS Signature Required. I also signed up for UPS My Choice and have my packages sent to a UPS Surepost facility.

I always request to have it rerouted to a nearby UPS Surepost (I believe that's what it's called) and pick it up there. I've never had it come USPS.

got $75 best buy gift card and $25 worth of tsum tsums for $80 using the coupon :)

edit: can make it better by buying $50 target card and $25 best buy card to still get them both for $80

Last edited:

did the offer twice "two accounts"

got 2 50 target cards, 2 25 best buy , 4 tsum tsum. 4 ebay bucks 2.50 ebates

So out of pocket cost was only $3.50. really good offer :)

The timing is possible to get the $500 each quarter. But you do run the risk, on occasion, of getting locked out of a 5x offer because of the 180 day window. Spending late in a quarter would be why.

After cashing out for $1500 in Disney GCs for my trip next month, I am left with $2000 in target cards. I am expecting another $600 to $650 from ebay bucks and rebate sites that I will rollover into Target GCs next month. If I convert all of them to Ebay cards, I then only need 2 5X offers to maximize my Ebay bucks each quarter.

Given that I am getting $50 a week in Target GCs from Swagbucks and Perk, I could be at $5k in 6 months and be able to get my max on one 5x promotion. That would be $866 in free money per quarter for very little effort. Can anyone say free yearly vacation?!

Of course, all this assumes status quo. Tomorrow, all this could be mute. And yes, I can assume the risk of being stuck with $5k in Ebay GCs. I could use all that easily on everyday items. Target cards are even easier to spend on grocery items.

Paypal states you can have only 2 accounts. This is not true. I have 3 accounts and have had no issues. Another thing you may want to consider is closing a Paypal account which is allowed. I would keep your oldest account, but close the new one. This allows you to keep going on unlimited $5000 limits!

Paypal states you can have only 2 accounts. This is not true. I have 3 accounts and have had no issues. Another thing you may want to consider is closing a Paypal account which is allowed. I would keep your oldest account, but close the new one. This allows you to keep going on unlimited $5000 limits!
I'm glad that this has worked for you, but I would strongly dissuade others from your suggestion to create endless PayPal accounts. While they may not actively prevent the creation of more than 2 accounts, PayPal/eBay do not take violation of their rules lightly, and there is no reconsideration once you're banned.
Again, you're free to do whatever you choose to, but I just wanted to clarify for anyone who may read this and think that following your method is completely safe.

.......Because then, even using the second paypal acct, you wouldn't get any ebucks on the $5000 you use thru the second acct. Unless you hadn't reached the $500 limit yet, which I hadn't. I was new at this and wasn't expecting these 5x offers to come so frequently, so I jumped on every offer because I had a trip coming soon. But going forward, I will only take the 5x offers and having the 2nd paypal account will allow me to get $500 ebay bucks every quarter. Not just every other quarter.
okay, I get it now! And makes sense as you did all offers, not just the biggest ones. I like that every quarter ebucks deal of $500, lol! I didn't think of that with the first three months on one acct and the next quarter on the other acct, then back to the first acct again(basically), but that's a great idea how to work it! Thanks for taking time to answer, and for the good ideas, lol!

It would depend on the timing. You could theoretically use 1 ebay with 2 paypals and if you only used 5x offers, could max out ebay bucks in both quarters (remember, ebay bucks are quarterly, where the $5k limit is 6 months) by spending $5k per quarter. I do not know if that would violate the ebay or paypal TOS (and they don't seem to care if you are technically violating or not, as long as they think you are....).
Thanks for explaining, DIS_MERI! Timing is definitely everything, lol!
Will probably see how adding new accts for DD25 goes first, but still considering adding new PayPal acct to use with my eBay acct. Decisions, lol!

That's what it boils down to. No matter how many times you try to churn or how you try to time it, the most you'll ever make in a calendar year from eBay bucks is $1k (per account). In fact, if you enough Target/eBay cards lying around, you could hit your cap in one 5x promo every six months.

That said, the cap only applies to gift card churning. If your goal is merely to buy discounted Disney gift cards, purchasing Target cards on eBay (with a credit card) during a 5x promo would stretch your purchasing dollar further than trying to buy through gift card exchange sites like Raise and Cardpool, while simultaneously greatly reducing your exposure to fraud.

So, eBay wise, you could earn $2000 per eBay acct in one year, if it weren't for the $5000/PayPal acct per 6 month limit, right? Is there a yearly eBay bucks limit or just the $500 per quarter limit?
Using a cc to purchase gift cards on a 5x deal is a good idea to get started or make some ebucks. I did that on my first 5x offer. Did $900 gc's and $750 cc. Of course, the next few promo deals of 4x and 5x quickly got me to $5000 using $1650, lol! But, using a cc in a 5x promo is like buying gc's at target during their 10% off sale, or getting Raise cards at 10% off, but without the risk!

Given that I am getting $50 a week in Target GCs from Swagbucks and Perk, I could be at $5k in 6 months and be able to get my max on one 5x promotion. That would be $866 in free money per quarter for very little effort. Can anyone say free yearly vacation?........
Love that, that's awesome! Free money is so fun! Sort of amazing how this all works really. I'll have my first $500 ebucks to spend in April, and have almost two hundred coming in Ebates and topcashback in May, as of now! Trips in May (DL) and Nov (WDW).

Last edited:
I have made a few eBay purchases over the past 2 days, but the $ isn't being deducted from my eBay gift cards. When I log into Paypal to check to see how the $ was deducted, it shows that I used vouchers and the identifying info to these vouchers is letters instead of eBay gift card #s. Is this happening to anyone else? Thanks.

So, eBay wise, you could earn $2000 per eBay acct in one year, if it weren't for the $5000/PayPal acct per 6 month limit, right? Is there a yearly eBay bucks limit or just the $500 per quarter limit?

The eBay/Paypal limits I am currently aware of:

1. $5,000 in gift cards in any 180-day rolling window. (Paypal restriction)
  2. $500 maximum in eBay bucks earnings in any given quarter. (eBay restriction)
  3. $100 maximum in eBay bucks in any one transaction. (eBay restriction)
So if you got rid of #1, yes, you could earn $2k per year per account. #3 has no true limiting function on your yearly earnings, it just forces you to generate more transactions to maximize your earnings.

I saw this posted in a few groups but so far I have not yet seen an invite, so hopefully someone here received one!

Groupon is offering a $20 Target gift card for $10. I don't know the details, other than it's invitation only and I believe the invite comes in an email. Don't forget Ebates for 6% off. ;)

Not recommended! ToS expressly limits you to 2 accounts. One for Business and one for Personal. Anything more and you are playing with fire.
Besides, unless you have multiple Ebay accounts, which is forbidden, you can't take advantage of more than 2 paypal accounts.

Keep it up and I predict you will be posting that you were banned.

I saw this posted in a few groups but so far I have not yet seen an invite, so hopefully someone here received one!

Groupon is offering a $20 Target gift card for $10. I don't know the details, other than it's invitation only and I believe the invite comes in an email. Don't forget Ebates for 6% off. ;)
I snagged one but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to go through ebates and find the deal.

Ok, I am confused. My dh and I both have PayPal accounts. Can both of those PayPal be linked to my one eBay account? I don't want to do anything against the rules. So, if I am not supposed to have his account linked to mine, what do I do to unlink it? The only reason I used it was that he had some money in there that I wanted to use. I did not even realize that using it would "link" it. And I only used it once.

Last edited:
I snagged one but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to go through ebates and find the deal.
I got one this morning, and also was unable to find it through ebates. Still a good deal though because I ended up buying a 50 dollar disney card for 37.50 after applying the 50 percent off target card and using my target debit card for the remaining balance.

Thanks! I had the email and it appears that you have to click through the email in order to claim the deal. I tried to search for it after just logging into my Groupon account and I couldn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter