Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the huge blurb on MyPoints for Target????

Terms and Conditions

Points will not be awarded on the following items: Baby care (diapers, wipes, formula), all gift cards, prepaid cards, school & office supplies (paper & art supplies), Pharmacy (including OTC), Sweet JOJO, Target Photo, Apple, video games and consoles, contract mobile phones, books, magazines, music, digital entertainment, One Spot, Target.com Hardlines, sports and fitness equipment (bicycles, team equipment, indoor and outdoor recreation, etc.), grocery (food, beverage, fruit, meat, produce, frozen items, soda, coffee, candy, snacks, dairy, bread and baking supplies, sushi, deli, liquor, beverages, household commodities, etc.), pets, health, personal care and beauty items (cosmetics, hair care, etc.), Starbucks, Target Cafe, Pizza Hut Express . Coupons not available on MyPoints may prevent Points from posting. Points will not be awarded when redeeming gift cards.
No third party purchases will be eligible for Points.

I haven't made any purchases in a while and stumbled across that this morning. That is a lot of stuff to exclude and now they don't award points if you use a gift card to pay?
I only pay with gift cards and have been getting points so unless this changed since Monday you still get points on gift card purchases made with target gift cards.

I was the OP on this. Recap: I purchased $1000+ in electronic target cards from cardpool. When I went to used them 5 days later they were all empty. I reached out to cardpool's customer service through email because there is no telephone number to call. The auto response to an email says that they will get back to you within the next business day. I sent them my first email on 2/29 and heard back later in the day, they wanted more information. I replied that same day and have not heard anything since. I tried sending a new email another two times with no response. They last email was sent on March 2. I have heard nothing back. I started doing some research and found that a ton of people have had to file complaints with the BBB so that is what I did as well. I wish it wouldn't have come to that, but I have had no communication from cardpool. The complaint was sent to cardpool on March 7. BBB said they have 10 business days to respond. I will update when I hear something.

I mentioned in my complaint that in Cardpool's Terms of Use it states When you sell of a Gift Card to Cardpool via the Service, ownership of the Gift Card and any interest therein to Cardpool is immediately and automatically to Cardpool. You agree that you will not redeem any portion of the Gift Card at any point subsequent to the sale to Cardpool. You further agree that you will be charged a replacement fee if the Gift Card proves to be invalid, as determined in Cardpool’s reasonable discretion. The replacement fee will be equal to the balance that you reported at the time of the sale plus an additional $10 service fee. Cardpool is not responsible for any errors that you have made in entering gift card information.

After this ordeal, I don't think I will be using cardpool anymore. I would rather save less and use Raise. I have read that raise has better customer service and they have a 888 number right on their website! At this point Cardpool has no customer service.
Oh my! I'm sorry they still haven't responded. I've only used cardpool but I try to use the Target GC right away. I will look into raise and maybe sort through the eBay churn and try to figure that out. Sorry again but thanks for letting us know.

Has anyone seen the huge blurb on MyPoints for Target????

Terms and Conditions

Points will not be awarded on the following items: Baby care (diapers, wipes, formula), all gift cards, prepaid cards, school & office supplies (paper & art supplies), Pharmacy (including OTC), Sweet JOJO, Target Photo, Apple, video games and consoles, contract mobile phones, books, magazines, music, digital entertainment, One Spot, Target.com Hardlines, sports and fitness equipment (bicycles, team equipment, indoor and outdoor recreation, etc.), grocery (food, beverage, fruit, meat, produce, frozen items, soda, coffee, candy, snacks, dairy, bread and baking supplies, sushi, deli, liquor, beverages, household commodities, etc.), pets, health, personal care and beauty items (cosmetics, hair care, etc.), Starbucks, Target Cafe, Pizza Hut Express . Coupons not available on MyPoints may prevent Points from posting. Points will not be awarded when redeeming gift cards.
No third party purchases will be eligible for Points.

I haven't made any purchases in a while and stumbled across that this morning. That is a lot of stuff to exclude and now they don't award points if you use a gift card to pay?
That's been on the mypoints target page for a long time. I've always gotten the points.

I only pay with gift cards and have been getting points so unless this changed since Monday you still get points on gift card purchases made with target gift cards.

My last purchase via mypoints was 2/13. I just don't remember the blurb being so long LOL!!!!

I thought you said you were using the one ebay account with two paypals, so that's why I wondering about the $500 limit being only on ebay's end. Because then, even using the second paypal acct, you wouldn't get any ebucks on the $5000 you use thru the second acct. I think I better stick with trying to get my DD25's new ebay acct/paypal acct going, lol! All done with my own till late July, that $5000 does go really quickly!

It would depend on the timing. You could theoretically use 1 ebay with 2 paypals and if you only used 5x offers, could max out ebay bucks in both quarters (remember, ebay bucks are quarterly, where the $5k limit is 6 months) by spending $5k per quarter. I do not know if that would violate the ebay or paypal TOS (and they don't seem to care if you are technically violating or not, as long as they think you are....).

I was the OP on this. Recap: I purchased $1000+ in electronic target cards from cardpool. When I went to used them 5 days later they were all empty. I reached out to cardpool's customer service through email because there is no telephone number to call. The auto response to an email says that they will get back to you within the next business day. I sent them my first email on 2/29 and heard back later in the day, they wanted more information. I replied that same day and have not heard anything since. I tried sending a new email another two times with no response. They last email was sent on March 2. I have heard nothing back. I started doing some research and found that a ton of people have had to file complaints with the BBB so that is what I did as well. I wish it wouldn't have come to that, but I have had no communication from cardpool. The complaint was sent to cardpool on March 7. BBB said they have 10 business days to respond. I will update when I hear something.

I mentioned in my complaint that in Cardpool's Terms of Use it states When you sell of a Gift Card to Cardpool via the Service, ownership of the Gift Card and any interest therein to Cardpool is immediately and automatically to Cardpool. You agree that you will not redeem any portion of the Gift Card at any point subsequent to the sale to Cardpool. You further agree that you will be charged a replacement fee if the Gift Card proves to be invalid, as determined in Cardpool’s reasonable discretion. The replacement fee will be equal to the balance that you reported at the time of the sale plus an additional $10 service fee. Cardpool is not responsible for any errors that you have made in entering gift card information.

After this ordeal, I don't think I will be using cardpool anymore. I would rather save less and use Raise. I have read that raise has better customer service and they have a 888 number right on their website! At this point Cardpool has no customer service.

It seems to me that these GC resellers could prevent most of these issues by placing a 30, 60, or 90 day hold on the funds by the original seller. This would give a safety net to cardpool or raise to just refund the buyer. If after the hold period is over, and the buyer still hasn't used the card, then the buyer assumes the risk.

I thought you said you were using the one ebay account with two paypals, so that's why I wondering about the $500 limit being only on ebay's end. Because then, even using the second paypal acct, you wouldn't get any ebucks on the $5000 you use thru the second acct. I think I better stick with trying to get my DD25's new ebay acct/paypal acct going, lol! All done with my own till late July, that $5000 does go really quickly!
I thought you said you were using the one ebay account with two paypals, so that's why I wondering about the $500 limit being only on ebay's end. I am using 2 paypal accounts on 1 ebay account. The $500 ebay bucks limits earned in a quarter is on Ebay's end.

Because then, even using the second paypal acct, you wouldn't get any ebucks on the $5000 you use thru the second acct.
Unless you hadn't reached the $500 limit yet, which I hadn't. I was new at this and wasn't expecting these 5x offers to come so frequently, so I jumped on every offer because I had a trip coming soon.

But going forward, I will only take the 5x offers and having the 2nd paypal account will allow me to get $500 ebay bucks every quarter. Not just every other quarter.

But going forward, I will only take the 5x offers and having the 2nd paypal account will allow me to get $500 ebay bucks every quarter. Not just every other quarter.

Can someone help me figure out a strategy for this? I've seen several members post that they expect to hit $500 eBay Bucks this quarter and I'm trying to understand how to maximize eBay Bucks rewards with two PayPal accounts without tying up one or both for at least 3-6 months at a time.

Assuming you only do 5x offers where you get 10% back, and either you have enough churnable funds or there are enough 5x promos during a given quarter, you need to churn $5,000 to get back the maximum $500 eBay Bucks. But then you've hit your PayPal limit for anywhere up to 6 months and your eBay Bucks limit for that (first) quarter. Assuming you move over to a fresh PayPal account once a new (second) eBay Bucks quarter starts, and you again max out both your PayPal spending limit and your eBay Bucks back, that PayPal account is on ice for up to 6 months. When a new (third) quarter starts about 3 months later, your first PayPal account might still be tied up in the 180-day limit, and your second PayPal account that you used more recently almost certainly is. By the next (fourth) quarter, if you didn't spend anything in the third quarter, the full gift card cap should be lifted on your first PayPal account, and the second account might have some amounts opening up. Alternatively, you can run two eBay accounts and two PayPal accounts simultaneously, instead of alternating them by quarters like above. In either case, at a very basic level, because of the spending cap, it seems you can get back at most $1000 eBay Bucks per PayPal account per calendar year, and you'll have to sit out some quarters because your accounts are tied up.

Since 5x promos are offered randomly, I imagine it's hard to time your purchases to avoid downtime.

In either case, at a very basic level, because of the spending cap, it seems you can get back at most $1000 eBay Bucks per PayPal account per calendar year, and you'll have to sit out some quarters because your accounts are tied up.

Since 5x promos are offered randomly, I imagine it's hard to time your purchases to avoid downtime.

That's what it boils down to. No matter how many times you try to churn or how you try to time it, the most you'll ever make in a calendar year from eBay bucks is $1k (per account). In fact, if you enough Target/eBay cards lying around, you could hit your cap in one 5x promo every six months.

That said, the cap only applies to gift card churning. If your goal is merely to buy discounted Disney gift cards, purchasing Target cards on eBay (with a credit card) during a 5x promo would stretch your purchasing dollar further than trying to buy through gift card exchange sites like Raise and Cardpool, while simultaneously greatly reducing your exposure to fraud.

Does anyone know why I can't switch payment on the Target website to add in gift cards? When I click the edit button it goes back to my cart. Help!!

It won't let me add the gift cards. When I click edit in the payment section it goes back to the cart.

ETA: I got it to work. Must have been a glitch.

Last edited:
Can someone help me figure out a strategy for this? I've seen several members post that they expect to hit $500 eBay Bucks this quarter and I'm trying to understand how to maximize eBay Bucks rewards with two PayPal accounts without tying up one or both for at least 3-6 months at a time.

Assuming you only do 5x offers where you get 10% back, and either you have enough churnable funds or there are enough 5x promos during a given quarter, you need to churn $5,000 to get back the maximum $500 eBay Bucks. But then you've hit your PayPal limit for anywhere up to 6 months and your eBay Bucks limit for that (first) quarter. Assuming you move over to a fresh PayPal account once a new (second) eBay Bucks quarter starts, and you again max out both your PayPal spending limit and your eBay Bucks back, that PayPal account is on ice for up to 6 months. When a new (third) quarter starts about 3 months later, your first PayPal account might still be tied up in the 180-day limit, and your second PayPal account that you used more recently almost certainly is. By the next (fourth) quarter, if you didn't spend anything in the third quarter, the full gift card cap should be lifted on your first PayPal account, and the second account might have some amounts opening up. Alternatively, you can run two eBay accounts and two PayPal accounts simultaneously, instead of alternating them by quarters like above. In either case, at a very basic level, because of the spending cap, it seems you can get back at most $1000 eBay Bucks per PayPal account per calendar year, and you'll have to sit out some quarters because your accounts are tied up.

The timing is possible to get the $500 each quarter. But you do run the risk, on occasion, of getting locked out of a 5x offer because of the 180 day window. Spending late in a quarter would be why.

After cashing out for $1500 in Disney GCs for my trip next month, I am left with $2000 in target cards. I am expecting another $600 to $650 from ebay bucks and rebate sites that I will rollover into Target GCs next month. If I convert all of them to Ebay cards, I then only need 2 5X offers to maximize my Ebay bucks each quarter.

Given that I am getting $50 a week in Target GCs from Swagbucks and Perk, I could be at $5k in 6 months and be able to get my max on one 5x promotion. That would be $866 in free money per quarter for very little effort. Can anyone say free yearly vacation?!

Of course, all this assumes status quo. Tomorrow, all this could be mute. And yes, I can assume the risk of being stuck with $5k in Ebay GCs. I could use all that easily on everyday items. Target cards are even easier to spend on grocery items.

Whats the maximum dollar amount your comfortable placing in one order from GCM? My concern is if I place a 1k order and USPS loses it am I up the creek without a paddle?

Whats the maximum dollar amount your comfortable placing in one order from GCM? My concern is if I place a 1k order and USPS loses it am I up the creek without a paddle?

My orders of $600 have come usps but the $750 ones come UPS. I'd think $1000 would def be UPS & signature required.

If you received the 5x promo, you would have received an email and/or see a banner on your eBay home page offering you the option to activate it.

Here's a post where I explain eBay Bucks in detail:
Thank-you. I just wasn't sure if it was targeted to certain people thru an email,l or if it was supposed to be active for everyone.
Thanks for the link! I tried looking back thru the posts to find the answer, but my eyes began to cross.

I've ordered $1500, but at that time GCM was always shipping UPS, signature required.

Someone is almost always home, so I just have them grab the mail right away if I know there are gift cards in it. If I didn't have that, I don't know how comfortable I would be with $1000+, unless I knew they required a signature.

Last edited:

I always place orders of $900+ and mine are always shipped UPS with signature required.

Has anyone had issues with GCM? I received my Target GC orders but it arrived with postage due? I did pay postage as part of the purchase on eBay, then had to pay USPS again. I did email them through eBay with pictures of the receipt and package. 2 days and still waiting on a response.

I always request to have it rerouted to a nearby UPS Surepost (I believe that's what it's called) and pick it up there. I've never had it come USPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter