Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am soooo kicking myself right now! I had gone to Best Buy the on Monday and purchased a $400 eBay gc with the BB gcs from PPDG. I had the clerk scan the shopkick barcode, but no kicks added to my account. So, when I went into BB today to get 2x$300 eBay gc with the BB gcs from my second round of PPDG on Monday I didn't bother having her scan the shopkick barcode. Well, I just looked at my phone and had a pop up telling me that 400 kicks were just added to my account from a BB scan. ACK!! I would be getting 600 more kicks if I had scanned the code today! :scared:

Actually I think she was right she did get 20%.
It depends what you're measuring. $30 for $25 is 20% profit, or 17% savings.

If you're looking at the amount saved to accumulate $30, that is $5/$30 which is 17% savings.
If you're looking at the profit on your $25 investment, that is $5/$25 which is 20% profit.
ACK!! I would be getting 600 more kicks if I had scanned the code today! :scared:
What is the approximate value of 600 kicks?

Last edited:
so I don't usually post, just read and read, but I'm kinda excited about what I got today. I started back in February, and have yet to get a single ebucks bonus, so instead I originally tried to do the GS CG where you got the extra $5, but I guess I missed that one also,since I can't access ebay from my work computer, but someone had mentioned the exxon/mobile gas card for $90. Now I use almost exclusively mobil gas, since it's on my way to work and the cheapest. I have a chase freedom card which is offering 5x points at grocery stores this quarter. So i went to my local store and bought $400 in ebay card, netting $20 there( which I can take as cash and will use towards my Nov. 4day tickets. then went online and bought 3 $100 cards for $270, so $30 there. ( was going to buy $400, but it wouldn't let me, so I'll most likely buy one of the other gas cards for my son for his cross country trip) so I netted $58.10 between ebates, ebucks, freedom points and the savings. Then because I was in buying the ebay cards, went ahead and bought southwest and toys r us gift cards for another $450.00 so another $22.50 in freedom points. so in the last 2 days have managed to get $80.10 I will eventually use towards my disney trip in Nov. now if I could only get some of the bonus ebucks everyone always gets, I would be really happy.

so I don't usually post, just read and read, but I'm kinda excited about what I got today. I started back in February, and have yet to get a single ebucks bonus, so instead I originally tried to do the GS CG where you got the extra $5, but I guess I missed that one also,since I can't access ebay from my work computer, but someone had mentioned the exxon/mobile gas card for $90. Now I use almost exclusively mobil gas, since it's on my way to work and the cheapest. I have a chase freedom card which is offering 5x points at grocery stores this quarter. So i went to my local store and bought $400 in ebay card, netting $20 there( which I can take as cash and will use towards my Nov. 4day tickets. then went online and bought 3 $100 cards for $270, so $30 there. ( was going to buy $400, but it wouldn't let me, so I'll most likely buy one of the other gas cards for my son for his cross country trip) so I netted $58.10 between ebates, ebucks, freedom points and the savings. Then because I was in buying the ebay cards, went ahead and bought southwest and toys r us gift cards for another $450.00 so another $22.50 in freedom points. so in the last 2 days have managed to get $80.10 I will eventually use towards my disney trip in Nov. now if I could only get some of the bonus ebucks everyone always gets, I would be really happy.
I bought an Exxon card too. That wiped out my eBay gift cards (purchased at Kroger). The eBay/Target churn may be dead but there are still ways to save money on eBay if you pay attention.

It's worth about $2 and change, but they are not the easiest to come by. You can get them by checking in, which I did and received 35 kicks. You used to be able to click on envelopes on the app and get a point for each, but there haven't been any envelopes in a while. If you are in and out of a lot of stores, they can add up quickly, but I rarely go out, so 600 kicks is a lot for me.

ETA: It has taken me more than a year to earn the 2725 kicks I have right now.

You can redeem 25000 kicks for a $100 Target GC, so by that measure $1=250 kicks. There are also a number of other GC rewards to choose from.

You can earn kicks, like @lorijohnhill mentioned, by just walking into participating stores while having the app on, scanning the barcodes of certain promoted items, buying those items or just spending money and submitting receipts. I started about 2-3 months ago, and I've earned ~4000-something kicks just by running errands (often in shopping malls with several participating stores) and taking an extra 10-15 minutes to check into the different stores and scan items.

You can redeem 25000 kicks for a $100 Target GC, so by that measure $1=250 kicks. There are also a number of other GC rewards to choose from.

You can earn kicks, like @lorijohnhill mentioned, by just walking into participating stores while having the app on, scanning the barcodes of certain promoted items, buying those items or just spending money and submitting receipts. I started about 2-3 months ago, and I've earned ~4000-something kicks just by running errands (often in shopping malls with several participating stores) and taking an extra 10-15 minutes to check into the different stores and scan items.
It used to be much better. In 2014 I made $20/month. Now I'm making $5/ month. Thankfully I've learned to swagbuck which more than makes up the difference.

It depends what you're measuring. $30 for $25 is 20% profit, or 17% savings.

If you're looking at the amount saved to accumulate $30, that is $5/$30 which is 17% savings.
If you're looking at the profit on your $25 investment, that is $5/$25 which is 20% profit.

I know and she worded as return which is 20% vs 17%.

Thinking of other options to take advantage of the next ebucks promo. I cashed out all of my ebay and target for Disney earlier this week. I tried the BB deal and even though it worked for me, there is no BB within a half hour drive from my house so it's just not worth it. I have another $200 to play with in case an ebucks promo comes out this week. All I can think of to do is: buy an ebay gc at a grocery store (earning 6% with my amex), hopefully find a discounted gas gc on ebay (another 8-10% savings) plus whatever ebucks (assuming 8%). This would be a 22-24% savings. Will work for one promo if all these stars are aligned. I don't want to buy more than a few hundred in gas though so I'll have to have a plan for the NEXT promo :scared:

So I went to my GS tonight to get my EBAY cards and they were all out. I was just there on Monday, and they had at least 15 or so. I asked one of the employees if he expected them to get them in stock anytime soon. He said he couldn't tell me if they were or not because they were expired and he wasn't sure if they were getting them back in. Has anyone heard of this before??? What does that mean? Now this is the 3rd store in my area that has stopped carrying them!

So I went to my GS tonight to get my EBAY cards and they were all out. I was just there on Monday, and they had at least 15 or so. I asked one of the employees if he expected them to get them in stock anytime soon. He said he couldn't tell me if they were or not because they were expired and he wasn't sure if they were getting them back in. Has anyone heard of this before??? What does that mean? Now this is the 3rd store in my area that has stopped carrying them!

You might be in an area with other churners...

I bought the second to last eBay card at one of my local GS last Tuesday. When I was there again today, they had probably more than 10 on the rack.

I am soooo kicking myself right now! I had gone to Best Buy the on Monday and purchased a $400 eBay gc with the BB gcs from PPDG. I had the clerk scan the shopkick barcode, but no kicks added to my account. So, when I went into BB today to get 2x$300 eBay gc with the BB gcs from my second round of PPDG on Monday I didn't bother having her scan the shopkick barcode. Well, I just looked at my phone and had a pop up telling me that 400 kicks were just added to my account from a BB scan. ACK!! I would be getting 600 more kicks if I had scanned the code today! :scared:

It took a couple days for my kicks to show up too. I thought I wasn't getting them & then a couple days later they were there!

I mentioned a couple of days ago that the Shop N Save chain in the St Louis area is having a Grads n Dads promotion where you get $5 off your next grocery purchase when you buy $50 worth of select gift cards (ebay included). I've gone in a gotten a couple, but I found out tonight that you can earn a $5 coupon in the same transaction that you use one. I purchased about $6 of needed groceries and a $50 ebay gift card. I used my $5 off coupon that I already had and when the receipt printed out, I received another $5 off coupon.

That's great news for me, because I plan on stocking up on these with basically 10% off (if you buy $50 at a time), but figured I'd have to make a separate trip to earn and spend each time. This means that basically I can buy a few groceries and a gift card at the same time each transaction!

Not sure if this has been mentioned but if you are a BJ's member check your email for a $10 off $100 purchase Memorial Day weekend. It does not say excludes giftcards.
I'm going to try it this morning on Disney GCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter