Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are any fuel rewards grocery stores where you live you can add the money saved on fuel to that. Also if your trip payment isn't for at least 4 months you can open a DVA to get a bonus $20 gift card for every $1000 deposited and spent on qualified expenses (pretty much all prepaid items like lodging, tickets, dining plans, etc). I know some have had trouble with it but knock on wood we haven't had trouble and have gotten our bonuses :)

Yes. I think @marionette pointed it out to me last month. It's in their general terms which I didn't know until then. But it's odd because lands end has it in their specific terms and Lands End never credits for me if I use a gift card. Everywhere else it works but apparently shouldn't.

It is a general ebates rule. A couple of years ago I did not get credit for a Lowe's purchase (it was new washer and dryer so I was waiting for it!) and I submitted a ticket. The response from ebates was that their TOS excluded cashback when a gift card is used as payment.

I honestly don't get this rule nor do I get stores not letting you buy a GC with a GC. Stores always say their GC's are 'like cash' but if they have exclusions on them, then they really aren't 'like cash'.

Good deal... I'll add for anyone that wants to play with fire, PPDG had GS $30 for $25. That's a 20% immediate return.
{{groan}}

This would be a good way for me to test the waters with GS but PPDG makes me want to run in the other direction!

ETA: I just couldn't help myself! I bit on this but I paid with cash from my PP slush fund instead of with eBay GCs and it went thru without a problem. Now to see if it will work at my local GS.

Last edited:
so annoyed!!! I have $80 in my paypal (from SB, etc) so I thought I'd grab a few of the GS cards as an entry point. Nope. Nada. Nothing. I tried with my normal ebay account (which I have used with PPDG previously) and my husbands new ebay account (would be the first purchase ever). Neither of them will work & I'm afraid I'm going to screw something up if I keep it up. I've tried just 1 card and 3. I'm not even using gift cards as payment and it hates me! Dang.

so annoyed!!! I have $80 in my paypal (from SB, etc) so I thought I'd grab a few of the GS cards as an entry point. Nope. Nada. Nothing. I tried with my normal ebay account (which I have used with PPDG previously) and my husbands new ebay account (would be the first purchase ever). Neither of them will work & I'm afraid I'm going to screw something up if I keep it up. I've tried just 1 card and 3. I'm not even using gift cards as payment and it hates me! Dang.

This is a great entry if you have $80 and can do 3x $25. What kind of stop are you running into? The verification process? I found the Edge browser would not let me click the verify links but IE would, if that helps at all.

I tried once to buy the GS deal....blocked! So giving up and not trying multiple times. I think I should just steer clear of PPDG especially in light of someone losing their account.

This is a great entry if you have $80 and can do 3x $25. What kind of stop are you running into? The verification process? I found the Edge browser would not let me click the verify links but IE would, if that helps at all.
I'm getting the "something went wrong, please try again later" when I hit Checkout Now, along with error codes 70245 & 70358. I was getting them last week as well, then magically got a small order through on Sunday. Now, back to this.

Just made my first PPGD purchase. Used ebay giftcard. Went thru without a hitch, no verifying or anything.

I bought 3 of the $25 Gamestop GC. I haven't tried GS yet so I thought this would be any easy start. So I'll have $90 in gc and pay $10 oop for a $100 ebay gc. I thought the oop would make it a little more 'innocent' for my first try.

I'm getting the "something went wrong, please try again later" when I hit Checkout Now, along with error codes 70245 & 70358. I was getting them last week as well, then magically got a small order through on Sunday. Now, back to this.
Oh, ok. Once I started getting those codes, I was locked out till the next day. :(

yeah.... this is interesting..... it's been stated on this thread SO many times... the nature of churning (for anything) is variable and completely YMMV from one day to the next- things can and do change regularly,and the more people learn about one way to do things,the quicker it changes. It's how it works,so I personally don't think the "simple" route of ebay/target/ebay is coming back,ever,in the way it WAS done. This thread is full of info, but most of it is now (sadly) out of date. Churning, by it's nature isn't usually 'low hanging fruit' or 'easy'. It takes some time,effort,and thought to get that extra deal,or everyone would do it,and it wouldn't be a special deal, it would simply be the price. In most other forums, you really have to DIG to find the info to even begin. Why? b/c the deal lasts longer that way. (I've been learning things about churning for 3 years now,I don't use most of it tho) While I love this board,and this thread, it has its downsides,and that is 'too much information' can kill the deal. So reality? No one can tell you exactly what to do next, you simply watch,and wait(if you can) google terms you don't know,and learn to read between lines.... and most important,NEVER risk what you can't afford to play with. Even if I never make another cent in discounts on this idea, I always have an idea of how to get (at least) the $$$ I put into trying this.
This would be a great quote to put at the beginning of this thread!!! There is no one size fits all way of churning; it changes with your location, your situation, and with what cards are available.

Good deal... I'll add for anyone that wants to play with fire, PPDG had GS $30 for $25. That's a 20% immediate return.

Oh, you torture me. I wasn't going to do GS but with a deal like this, I think I must try. Off to see if PPDG will play nice today...

I bought two of the GS gc's. I also paid with PP balance so no issues with PPDG.

Last edited:
For those taking advantage of the GS deal... are you receiving two emails? one for $25 gc and one for $5 gc? If you order multiples in one order are you receiving $5 gc for each $25?

For those taking advantage of the GS deal... are you receiving two emails? one for $25 gc and one for $5 gc? If you order multiples in one order are you receiving $5 gc for each $25?
I only ordered one $25 GC w/bonus and it came as a single $30 eGC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter