Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long are the Disney GCs from Target taking to arrive (from order date)? I have $400 coming in Target GCs coming today and leave in 2.5 weeks. For some reason I remember them taking a while when I ordered them in March this year, but I don't recall the exact delivery time.
Mine generally take four business days.

I have uploaded a copy of my spreadsheet here.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=19426489213783753324

You only need to fill in the colored areas; the final column is automatically calculated. It'll compute your savings, allow you to track all your GC numbers, and tell you how much you can buy in Disney GC from Target (in $50 increments).

Hope this is helpful.

The spreadsheet is wonderful! Thank you for sharing it.

Hey I need input from anyone who has had an order cancelled by Target when paying with gift cards...

how long does it take for the gift cards to be credited back? Does it happen automatically or do I have to contact them? I just received an email saying my order was cancelled, but the gift cards I used are still showing a $0 balance and it has me really worried :scared:

Hey I need input from anyone who has had an order cancelled by Target when paying with gift cards...

how long does it take for the gift cards to be credited back? Does it happen automatically or do I have to contact them? I just received an email saying my order was cancelled, but the gift cards I used are still showing a $0 balance and it has me really worried :scared:

And when I try to save one of them in mobile gift cards, it says it is in "forced closed status." That's standard when an order is cancelled, right? I'm going to get it back eventually, right?? Someone keep me from freaking out. It's a lot of money!

And when I try to save one of them in mobile gift cards, it says it is in "forced closed status." That's standard when an order is cancelled, right? I'm going to get it back eventually, right?? Someone keep me from freaking out. It's a lot of money!
Yep - been done that on this too (I think I posted a few pages back after the $50 paypal was a bust). So - call them and speak to them (number on the back of the Target card) and tell them exactly that - you ordered something, it was cancelled, the refund should have gone to your Target gift card but unfortunately it did not as it's in a "forced closed status". They should end up refunding you manually via another Target gift card that they will email to you. Mine ended working out after several hours on the phone (not kidding) but once you get someone who understands the "forced closed status" you should be fine. I think I had Aurora and I even tweeted Target afterwards after she helped me. The first two people I spoke to (including a manager) made me feel as if I had done something "wrong" or was trying to use a stolen card, something along those lines.

Good luck and keep us posted :)

Heather

Ps. I now will not combine my gift cards in the mobile app for this reason. I believe another posted commented he/she waits at least until they get a shipping notice but it was too much of a pain for me. I'll order in more batches if I need to as you can use 4 gift cards per order which is more than reasonable for me. Just FYI

Ok, so the one I tried to add that said "forced closed status" was actually one I'd already combined before making my purchase. I found the correct one and it was credited back the full amount. Whew! Now I'm trying to buy some Disney gift cards with those same gift cards.... I hope I don't have any trouble!

Ps. I now will not combine my gift cards in the mobile app for this reason. I believe another posted commented he/she waits at least until they get a shipping notice but it was too much of a pain for me. I'll order in more batches if I need to as you can use 4 gift cards per order which is more than reasonable for me. Just FYI

Yeah I wouldn't normally bother combining gift cards except I was trying to make the purchase using 5, so I had to out of necessity. I feel like the whole process is confusing.

Yep - been done that on this too (I think I posted a few pages back after the $50 paypal was a bust). So - call them and speak to them (number on the back of the Target card) and tell them exactly that - you ordered something, it was cancelled, the refund should have gone to your Target gift card but unfortunately it did not as it's in a "forced closed status". They should end up refunding you manually via another Target gift card that they will email to you. Mine ended working out after several hours on the phone (not kidding) but once you get someone who understands the "forced closed status" you should be fine. I think I had Aurora and I even tweeted Target afterwards after she helped me. The first two people I spoke to (including a manager) made me feel as if I had done something "wrong" or was trying to use a stolen card, something along those lines.

Heather

I have one main Target gift card and combine them all onto that one and then only use that one to pay with, it is never closed that way.

CodeGoddess - were you able to open the spreadsheet? My computer has issues with it. Would you be able to email it to me as an excel file? Thank you.

I ordered just one card through this and my target card has shipped through Ebay, but I really don't like just how time consuming this method will be. At least 2-2.5 weeks to get the final Disney card in my hand. But I guess if you had to buy a whole lot it would have been worth getting a great savings. I think I only cleared like around 18-19% savings on this $50 card. But that's not bad.

I have one main Target gift card and combine them all onto that one and then only use that one to pay with, it is never closed that way.

I do this as well. I have one Gift Card in my mobile gift cards that is a physical card I own. As soon as I receive any Cardpool cards, etc., I immediately combine them onto that card, so I know the value is safe. Then I do all of my purchases off that card.

I ordered just one card through this and my target card has shipped through Ebay, but I really don't like just how time consuming this method will be. At least 2-2.5 weeks to get the final Disney card in my hand. But I guess if you had to buy a whole lot it would have been worth getting a great savings. I think I only cleared like around 18-19% savings on this $50 card. But that's not bad.
Mine turned around quickly. Ordered ebay gift card from target Monday AM. Ordered Target gift card from ebay on Monday around noon. Received Target gift cards by mail on Friday. Would expect Disney gift cards by Wednesday. So really You have only added four days or so (time to get Target gift cards from ebay). I'm thinking it may be worth it for me when you add in ebates and eBay bucks.

Mine turned around quickly. Ordered ebay gift card from target Monday AM. Ordered Target gift card from ebay on Monday around noon. Received Target gift cards by mail on Friday. Would expect Disney gift cards by Wednesday. So really You have only added four days or so (time to get Target gift cards from ebay). I'm thinking it may be worth it for me when you add in ebates and eBay bucks.

It took about a week for my ebay order to arrive - longer than I wanted but not bad overall. I think its worth it as well!

Jodie

Heather

Another solution would be to leave a small balance on the gift card (if possible) I usually do this so the card isn't "forced closed" and they can easily refund and cancelled order right back to it.

Because I'm still anxious about my order...

How soon after receiving an order confirmation does Target usually send a shipping notice for physical gift cards? I have more to order but I'm waiting to make sure this one goes through. I ordered and received the first email at about 11:45am today....

Should I expect it to be shipped by tomorrow morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter