Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm a little late to the party here...but I think it's YOUR Target that is not the norm ;) haha.

Ummmm when is the timing NOT perfect to buy a Disney GC? LOL!!! :rotfl2:

I was actually on the Disney Tourist Blog and over there it's been reported that the Target GC don't work for a lot of folks for any GC too, whether or not it's the norm, from a budgeting perspective I hate to count on something and have it fall apart at the end and it not work. I think it's great that it has worked for some but it's not full proof and that kind of stinks. I wouldn't want ppl on this board to plan on it and not be able to do it.

I've got $100 in Target GCs and I was going to sit on them a bit, to see what happened... but I got an email that this week they are running one of their spend $50 on groceries, get a $10 GC deals. Since my back up plan is to use the $100 GC for groceries and just put that cash into my trip budget to buy a Disney GC, I'm probably going to stop by and get groceries twice this week and turn that $100 into $120. Just thought I'd mention my plan in case it helps anyone else.
Just a note, at least yesterday, corp had programmed the registers wrong, and it was not issuing gift cards, but $10 off your groceries. The cashiers were having to tell everyone using the coupon that.

Yes. $6 back on $50. Cashstar deals are where you buy $150 in Best Buy gift cards and they send you a $15 savings code later. So $165 in gift cards for $150. You can also earn Best Buy rewards on the purchase.
I made the mistake of using $5 Best Buy rewards towards my purchase so it only ended up ringing in as $45 sale and only got 90SB. Just thought I would mention so no once else does just same thing.

Beginning this Sunday...at ShopRite stores...buy a $50 Disney Gift Card and get $10 off your groceries the next week. Woo hoo. Perfect timing for me.
Got mine! Thanks for mentioning. That is the second week in a row I got 20% off a 'usable' GC at Shop Rite. (Though last weeks was just luck for me)

Ok, so I bought some Best Buy giftcards and Friday, went to Best Buy and made 3 separate $50 transactions (2 being Disney gc, one being some stuff I bought otherwise) and used 3 QR codes from Swagbucks. Is there a way to track it and see if it is pending to post? And of those of you who did it successfully, how long did it take to post for you? Worried I did something wrong

Not Disney gift card related, but a good deal and I can't resist posting . . . Using Visa checkout, you can get a $50 statement credit when purchasing $250 at Costco.com (see Costco's home page). I bought a Costco cash card, which I'll use on groceries. I don't recall if Costco sells Disney cards???

Not Disney gift card related, but a good deal and I can't resist posting . . . Using Visa checkout, you can get a $50 statement credit when purchasing $250 at Costco.com (see Costco's home page). I bought a Costco cash card, which I'll use on groceries. I don't recall if Costco sells Disney cards???

No they do not.

Ok, so I bought some Best Buy giftcards and Friday, went to Best Buy and made 3 separate $50 transactions (2 being Disney gc, one being some stuff I bought otherwise) and used 3 QR codes from Swagbucks. Is there a way to track it and see if it is pending to post? And of those of you who did it successfully, how long did it take to post for you? Worried I did something wrong
Not really. Usually after two days or so you will get a shop & earn email from swagbucks. The bonus posts a few days later.

great deal! thanks! I just orderd $250 in gc (store card) using visa checkout and my Fr unlimited,so that makes this deal even sweeter!

Last edited:
Much better than buying one with my Discover! glad I waited... thanks!

Thanks to everyone for the great tips here on using Best Buy. Since Target is down and out for a few, I'm going to redeem a $25 gift card from Swagbucks on April 1 and use the QR code to try purchasing a Disney gift card from my local Best Buy. Fingers crossed for no issues!

Same!

Speaking of promo, @pillow, is there a promo code or anything for this offer?

No promo code. I only use Visa checkout during promos too. I do have an Amex card in my Visa checkout account, so I know that will work. Question is whether it will work when paying on the Costco site. I would try it and see.

No promo code. I only use Visa checkout during promos too. I do have an Amex card in my Visa checkout account, so I know that will work. Question is whether it will work when paying on the Costco site. I would try it and see.

Will do and I'll report back.

ETA: I can't add my Delta Amex card. Won't take the security code. Says it doesn't match what is on record. I've checked the account number and exp date 20 times. It's all right. I'm clueless as to what they want!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter