• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, the Better Business Bureau is not a scam. And Cardcash was a paid member of the BBB when they got their F rating. Their rating was so bad that the BBB revoked (that means took away) their accreditation. At least companies like raise and other 3rd party card resellers arem more honest than cardcash.

The bottom line you have to ask yourself, is it worth it the little money you are saving to have to go through time and fighting to get your money back with this company if this goes bad, which happens often with cardcash. and that is all I was pointing out.
Well, I purchased one of the gift cards right after @MinMo posted the discount. Its currently out for delivery right now & I plan on using it asap, so I'll let everyone know how that works out.

Its true, every time we purchase one of these cards or try to convert gift-cards to gift-cards we risk losing our money. Just look at the number of people who were almost stuck with thousands of dollars in Target gift cards, when target changed its policy about Disney gift cards. The things we all do to save a few bucks! :scared::)

First of all, the Better Business Bureau is not a scam. And Cardcash was a paid member of the BBB when they got their F rating. Their rating was so bad that the BBB revoked (that means took away) their accreditation. At least companies like raise and other 3rd party card resellers arem more honest than cardcash.

The bottom line you have to ask yourself, is it worth it the little money you are saving to have to go through time and fighting to get your money back with this company if this goes bad, which happens often with cardcash. and that is all I was pointing out.

I never had a problem with cardcash I had an egiftcard that was drain they refunded me no questions asked faster than raise.

I purchased a Target e-gift card from CardCash yesterday, received within 3 hours, went to Target to convert the gift card to a Disney gift card, and it worked fine for me. :)

Last year I was happy when I saved by buying thru raise, then went thru Target. Then it turned into so much more. And now I'm spoiled!
Exactly my thoughts! We are truly dealing with a 1st world problem.

I keep hoping that JKalai will come back with more deals to buy at Gamestop and sell at BB, though.....

I guess that answers the question whether we'll be able to use discounted Target GCs to buy Target GCs on sale this year.

Gift Card deals may be difficult to come by for awhile. I think churning is finished (at least through eBay).

Two years ago Target discounted their GCs on Black Friday. (I am hoping they might do the same this year)

My recent strategy has been tracking gift card deals on stuff we use anyway. Target.com Subscribe with 20% off first order and a free $10 Target GC on Toilet Paper, Laundry Soap, etc... has been nice.

If you shop at Wal-Mart a lot don't forget to use their saving checker app on your phone to get refunded prices if they find a better price. I have gotten over $20 just doing that.

Watch for Amex Rewards at BB, Target, Lowes, Sams, WM. $10 off $50 and it works on GC purchases.

5% off using a Red Debit Card is still a decent discount for Disney GCs.

I don't shop cardpool, raise, or others very much because they are quite risky.

Any other strategies for lowering prices at Disney World through gift cards?

Gift Card deals may be difficult to come by for awhile. I think churning is finished (at least through eBay).

Two years ago Target discounted their GCs on Black Friday. (I am hoping they might do the same this year)

My recent strategy has been tracking gift card deals on stuff we use anyway. Target.com Subscribe with 20% off first order and a free $10 Target GC on Toilet Paper, Laundry Soap, etc... has been nice.

If you shop at Wal-Mart a lot don't forget to use their saving checker app on your phone to get refunded prices if they find a better price. I have gotten over $20 just doing that.

Watch for Amex Rewards at BB, Target, Lowes, Sams, WM. $10 off $50 and it works on GC purchases.

5% off using a Red Debit Card is still a decent discount for Disney GCs.

I don't shop cardpool, raise, or others very much because they are quite risky.

Any other strategies for lowering prices at Disney World through gift cards?
Chase freedom has 5% off rotating categories. Warehouse clubs are in the this quarter and next quarter. Discounted gc's at Sam's or BJ's plus another 5% off is decent.

What exactly happens?
Does your order get cancelled in a few minutes?
Mine just did. It was automatically cancelled. The service rep said it was because I paid for the Disney gift cards with target gift cards :(

Last edited:
Wonder if anything has changed in store today with gc to gc?
I just chatted with a customer service person on target.com today who said that I could still use the gift cards in store and that the cashier could scan the barcodes of the gift cards from my phone and use them to sell me the third party Disney gift cards in store. Their policy has changed in the last month or so, you can no longer buy the third party gift cards online with your target gift cards. I'll attach my chat transcript in a bit.

I just chatted with a customer service person on target.com today who said that I could still use the gift cards in store and that the cashier could scan the barcodes of the gift cards from my phone and use them to sell me the third party Disney gift cards in store. Their policy has changed in the last month or so, you can no longer buy the third party gift cards online with your target gift cards. I'll attach my chat transcript in a bit.
It's been Target's policy for a short while now that you cannot purchase 3rd party gift cards from Target's website using Target GCs for payment.

This recent change appears to prohibit you from purchasing Target GCs online with Target GCs as payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter