Disney Genie Is Now Live Post Your Hints and Tips

Is RotR running out of LL+ at opening? I haven’t seen them available the last few days when checking from home.
Sure looks like it.

Since we arrived Friday I have noticed return times for Genie+ inching up each day. Looks like the mix of tourists vs locals is meaning a higher percentage of folks getting Genie+ and ILL$

I have a Genie-adjacent question, so I hope that is okay but it feels too small for its own post.

I've read through this whole thread and see a lot of references to the standby line for Rise. Are boarding groups for Rise a thing of the past now? Or are there now functionally three ways of getting on (boarding group, standby, LL)?

I have a Genie-adjacent question, so I hope that is okay but it feels too small for its own post.

I've read through this whole thread and see a lot of references to the standby line for Rise. Are boarding groups for Rise a thing of the past now? Or are there now functionally three ways of getting on (boarding group, standby, LL)?

They still have an option to turn it in but I don’t believe Boarding Groups have been enabled at all since switching to standby. At this point your realistic options are standby and ILL$.

They still have an option to turn it in but I don’t believe Boarding Groups have been enabled at all since switching to standby. At this point your realistic options are standby and ILL$.
Huh. My how things change. I've been largely absent from the board since DL closed in March 2020 and it became apparent we weren't going to be visiting for some time. Now we are rebooked for June 2022 and it's like starting all over... but come hell or high water, we will be there this summer! Thanks for the clarification.

Can someone clarify something for me - If I book an attraction that's 3 hours out I can book my next attraction in 2 hours? Is that right?

Sure looks like it.

Since we arrived Friday I have noticed return times for Genie+ inching up each day. Looks like the mix of tourists vs locals is meaning a higher percentage of folks getting Genie+ and ILL$

so does this mean we need to get there for rope drop just to get a ILL for ROTR?

My first real tip!

Appears that LL have the same cancellation properly of FP/MP. I have been refreshing the times and notice the time will occasionally show earlier and then return to the later time.

For refreshing, you want to tap into booking the experience and then go back. On this main list of you tap the top of your phone, it should scroll to the top. You can pull to refresh and then the app automatically scrolls back to the last ride you went into so you can check the refreshed time. This is in an iPhone, can’t speak to the Android version.

I purchased a 1pm rise ILL at 9am yesterday, Monday Dec 20, our busiest day of our trip. I think I noticed they ran out around 1pm. I did notice in the trip sometimes it would be sold out and then some might show up later. This happened with regular genie plus LL also. At 2pm LL may be 2 to 3 hours out (on a busy day), but later in day may show up for same time frame. Refresh helps a little, not as much as it would with old fastpass at wdw.

About the refresh trick aka Fiddle Faddle (via AllEars).
I have used LL and ILL for five days and here is what I found.

This works on Android and iPhone (iOS)
- Select the circle + at the bottom navigation bar
- Select View Genie Day and Tip Board
- Select Tip Board at the Top of the Screen
- Select Edit Selections to the LL or ILL Attraction you want most. For example, I select the ILL (say Rise) and the top 2 LL attractions I want to experience. This way those LL and ILL selections are at the top of the Tip Board screen. As I start to either buy ILL or use LL, I will remove the attraction from the Edit Selection and add another LL attraction. You are basically trying to keep your LL at the top of the Tip Board so you do not have to scroll down.
- If a LL or ILL return time does not meet the earlier time you need or want, PULL DOWN on this screen to refresh.
- HOWEVER, if a ILL is sold out, it is RARE that you will see it come back at all.

Example Scenario
- Got a Guardians LL for 1pm-2pm, was ready to get in line at 1pm.
- The next LL attractions that interested me were Monsters Inc and Soarin (top priority). So I put those two at the top of the Tip Board via Edit Selections.
- I scanned the Guardians LL and went to the app for my next LL. Monsters was an hour out, Soarin was two hours out.
- I refreshed multiple times to see if I can get an earlier time. After the 6th refresh, Monsters came down to 130pm, Soarin was still two hours away, So I went with Monsters.
- I get off Guardians, go to Monsters and scan my LL in.
- Now I remove Monsters from my Edit Selections and add Grizzly with Soarin.
- I refresh a few time and now Soarin is at 2pm and Grizzly is ride now. I select Soarin.
and then remove it from my Edit Selections.
- As soon as I scan LL for Soarin I get Grizzly which is a ride now. Get off Soarin, go to Grizzly.

PLEASE be sure to CANCEL any LLs you may not be using as it may help other guests that are doing the LL refresh trick.

We were there on 12/22, 23, 24, 25, and 26. (Partial days on 12/22 & 26). We got Genie+ for our 3 full days.

I couldn't figure out how to cancel a LL on Android. Also, we had a LL for Incredicoaster but it went down so it converted to a multi-attraction. The multi-pass never went away and stayed on our phones all day. (My son has an iPhone, we all share the same account)

We also had an issue with holding a LL for Indiana Jones but the ride went down. It never converted to a multi-attraction LL so we were stuck not able to pick a new one or ride something in it's place. But it was the busiest part of the day so we didn't want to stand in line for 30-40 for Pirates or Jungle Cruise (we rode it before our IJ return time). So we ended up walking to Star Tours only to be told that we should cancel the LL to book the next one. We went back and hung out by Indie and it came back up at the end of our return time.

Another thing I noticed was I picked a LL for Incredicoaster at a time it was down, the return time was about 90 minutes away. We went and did something else and the next time I looked our return time had been extended by 30 more minutes, I guess because it was down.

We didn't go super hard on trying to get multiple attractions each day and having LL was handy. It was nice to get a short return time for Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion after being at DCA for most of the day. We had a return time for Matterhorn one night at 10:30 but they had closed LL return for the night already.

We were previously pros at using both paper fast pass and Max Pass. We felt that Genie was clunky and difficult to use. I didn't use any of the extra features like the Genie suggesting things for us to do. And at least twice I went through all the motions of reserving the next LL attraction and the next time I looked it wasn't there. I swear I did all the steps and saw our confirmed return time, who knows what happened.

We did not do any ILL during our trip. We waited 2 hours for ROTR one night, it had broken down but thankfully we stayed in line (it was raining so were just fine with just being dry for a bit). The second time we rode ROTR it was during the mid-morning and the estimated wait time was 1.5 hours and we waited 1 hour 45 minutes. We rode RSR once, it was quoted for 85 minutes but we waited 1 hour 45 minutes. I understand ROTR being on the ILL and if someone only had one day I would definitely suggest they pay the $20 to guarantee a ride. But I do miss RSR being on the fast pass/Max Pass option. So we rode it once in 5 days instead of 2 or 3. We didn't ride Web Slingers at all, we rode it once in October during the OBB but we wouldn't spend an hour waiting for it, we just didn't enjoy it THAT much.

Correct.
  1. Buy tickets
  2. Make Park Reservation
  3. Use Free Genie+ to input rides, attractions and dining preferences before your visit
For single or multi day one park per day or single or multi day park hopper tickets you can buy Genie+ in advance for length of ticket
OR
For single or multi day one park per day or single or multi day park hopper tickets you can buy Genie+ at midnight for day off park visit, one day at a time

I'm trying to understand this part. I have 4 day hoppers that we bought in the summer with the plan to visit in September but we had to cancel. Now we're going in late February. So on the first day of my visit, I have to wait until I'm scanned into the park to add Genie+ and then I can book things? No 7 am option to grab a LL for Rise? But I can buy Genie+ for all 4 days in one step? So the rest of my days at the park, I can make my reservations at 7 am and not have to wait until I'm in the park, correct? I hope this is true, otherwise I'm screwed out of getting a Rise LL since those seems to be selling out before park opening.

I'm trying to understand this part. I have 4 day hoppers that we bought in the summer with the plan to visit in September but we had to cancel. Now we're going in late February. So on the first day of my visit, I have to wait until I'm scanned into the park to add Genie+ and then I can book things? No 7 am option to grab a LL for Rise? But I can buy Genie+ for all 4 days in one step? So the rest of my days at the park, I can make my reservations at 7 am and not have to wait until I'm in the park, correct? I hope this is true, otherwise I'm screwed out of getting a Rise LL since those seems to be selling out before park opening.
That’s only at WDW. At DL everyone has to scan into one of the parks before they can start making reservations of any kind.

That’s only at WDW. At DL everyone has to scan into one of the parks before they can start making reservations of any kind.

Ah, thank you!! The info is confusing since it works differently in each park. I must have misread the 7 am info and thought it was Disneyland. Ok, so everyone is on the same page, can't book anything until you scan into the park, just like Maxpass worked.

I wish I could say. We haven’t done ILL$ for any ride this trip so I haven’t been paying much attention to it.

I am not expert yet, but it looks to me like at DL/DCA you must have scanned your ticket to be able to claim LL or ILL. So, yes, you must be at rope drop to get a RotR ILL for your day, since they are all going fast at Rope Drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter