Disney Genie announcement

Thats true. SDD was at 5:45 pm 40 mins into park opening. HS was a skip park for us for years, it added so much stress last 2 trips post COVID that it’s only one day on our upcoming trip.
I’m so glad we don’t have to worry about SDD. We rode it the day it opened. We don’t think it’s all that great, definitely not worth the standby lines or gumming up the G+ works, if we even use G+. Don’t get me wrong, it’s ok, kinda like SDMT is just ok and doesn’t warrant standby lines (or ILL$) for us. SDD is something better than Barnstormer, but not nearly as good as the triple mountain whammy. For those with grade school kids and tweens I can see why SDD is a must, it’s pretty cool for them.

We’re here now and it’s crazy! I was able to secure a boarding pass at 7 am and we’re in group 75. Our ETA was 1:20… They have now changed our virtual time 3 times!! They keep pushing our groups out for people paying for LL access.

How do you know it is for people with LL access? I’m not doubting you just curious. Thanks.

Edit: accidentally quoted a second post. Removed unnecessary quote box.

Prices went up! $3 more for FOP. Another poster posted:

Jrb1979:
MMRR up $2 today to $10
Frozen and Remy each up $2 to $11
7DMT up $2 to $12
SM up $2 to $9
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the IA$ attractions announced with "dynamic pricing"?

Raising the prices on a Friday makes sense.

It's irritating, but it makes sense.

We have this Monday as first day of tickets for our upcoming stay. Our package (room & tix) has already been fully paid for. Is the only way to get Genie+ without buying it each day is to call the disney phone line?
Has anyone had success with adding it on via the app or website on an already purchased package ahead of time. Sorry if this has been answered, there's so many posts to wade through.

We have this Monday as first day of tickets for our upcoming stay. Our package (room & tix) has already been fully paid for. Is the only way to get Genie+ without buying it each day is to call the disney phone line?
Has anyone had success with adding it on via the app or website on an already purchased package ahead of time. Sorry if this has been answered, there's so many posts to wade through.
You can add it ahead of time, but only for everyday. If you want to pick and choose, you need to add it daily. Just a total nuisance penalty for those of us who know Genie+ is not valuable in each park.

Disagree. It's going to be a massive success. It's not meant for AP holders. The people that only go once or twice every few years will most likely buy it. FP+ is dead and it's not coming back. People's best bet is learn to deal with the system in place.

Yup. It's definitely not for regular goers and not really for those that go once in their lifetime since they are less likely to know about it. It's for those of us (like me!) who know enough to do the research and plan but don't go often enough to avoid a ride. We want to go every 2-4 years, so missing SDD means we won't get to go on it till a few years later. my kids will be in a different life stage each visit. LOL

How do you know it is for people with LL access? I’m not doubting you just curious. Thanks.

Edit: accidentally quoted a second post. Removed unnecessary quote box.

There is no standby line for this ride, is that correct? So the only 2 reasons to push their return time would be for the paying customers or ride break down?

I tried this today. In the app, it seemed like I could, but since we have 3 room reservations and the other 2 are under my sons' names, I just went ahead and called and asked for a call back. I called at 10am and they returned my call at 11:20 and took care of adding it to all 6 tickets.

I wish I could remember exactly what I did in the app, but it ended up on a page where you could select hoppers (we have those so it was preselected) and then further down it was park hoppers plus G+.

You can add it ahead of time, but only for everyday. If you want to pick and choose, you need to add it daily. Just a total nuisance penalty for those of us who know Genie+ is not valuable in each park.

We don't mind all 4 days of our trip since we think we will use it. Just wasn't sure if I could access buying all 4 anywhere without a phone call. This should be easier for sure!

[QUOTE="leeniewdw, post: 63475973, member: 663270"

I tried this today. In the app, it seemed like I could, but since we have 3 room reservations and the other 2 are under my sons' names, I just went ahead and called and asked for a call back. I called at 10am and they returned my call at 11:20 and took care of adding it to all 6 tickets.

I wish I could remember exactly what I did in the app, but it ended up on a page where you could select hoppers (we have those so it was preselected) and then further down it was park hoppers plus G+.
[/QUOTE]

That may be our issue. I have two rooms on my MDE which I don't mind paying for all of our Genie+, but maybe that's what is not allowing me to do anything on the app/website.

When I selected mine, I could only do the people that had days I had tickets for. So, 2 of us are going down early and one coming down 5 days later, so I had to switch to a day where all 3 people had a park ticket. Then it let me get the genie + for everyone. Otherwise I could only get the genie + for the original 2 people and not the 3rd. If that helps anyone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the IA$ attractions announced with "dynamic pricing"?

Yes ^

The sites posting are predicting weekend prices will always be higher just like their hotels. Then it will dynamic price from there.

I think at least through the end of the year anyone who goes is a guinea pig.

Yup, I think tomorrow was even the example of a day with higher pricing - not too shocking that they consider Friday part of the weekend.

I expect the "weekend" pricing to be in place all of Thanksgiving week (and that's probably if we're lucky).

Per allears:

“One of the most complicated aspects of Genie+ is the two-hour cool-down rule. When you book a Lightning Lane with Genie+ you can book a new one either when you use your existing Lightning Lane or two hours after selection time.

Theoretically, though, you could even stack more than two Lightning Lanes. If after your Slinky Dog Dash cool down at 11AM, you booked a 5PM Tower of Terror; you would then be able to book a third Lightning Lane after another two-hour cool down at 1PM.

If you made your 7PM Slinky Dog Dash selection after park open, your cool down begins at selection time. So, if you booked at 9:32AM, you’ll be able to book a new Lightning Lane at 11:32AM.”

So I have now seen three videos on youtbue where people have used the free version of Genie and it seems like a complete disaster. It does not do a good job at all with coming up with suggestions based on what you tell it you want to do .
I recognized right away that the free Genie was hot garbage when it wanted to send me to Aladdin’s Flying Carpets at MK park opening. That moment alone told me all I needed to know about the free Genie and how worthless it is

WDW seems to be clarifying ILLS refund status - if the attraction breaks down and never reopens that day, they are looking to provide automatic refunds, apparently to the payment method used for the reservation. If the purchaser is unable to wait for the attraction to reopen, they would need to go to Guest Services and request a refund.
So the guests who spent a large chunk of money to avoid a long line will now be forced to wait in a long line to get that money back, or not wait in that line and not get the money back. Chapek, you evil genius.

We’re here now and it’s crazy! I was able to secure a boarding pass at 7 am and we’re in group 75. Our ETA was 1:20… They have now changed our virtual time 3 times!! They keep pushing our groups out for people paying for LL access. This is not okay. Our new boarding time is now 3:40😡 I didn’t plan to stay in Epcot all day because we’re doing the AH BB tonight and I need my rest before tonight!
Honestly, your anticipated boarding time does not sound that far off. We were at EPCOT on Monday, before Genie + Go live. Our Group was 77 and we got called at 2:24. If they also had to accommodate all the people who paid to ride as well as boarding groups, 3:40 sounds about right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter