Disney Dream June 27-July 8, 2023 - 11-night Med cruise

Hey what is everyone doing to get to the port in Civitavecchia?
We're taking the train from Rome to the port but I found out the train station at the port is still about 1/2 mile to the cruise ship dock
I guess we could walk it (its 3 of us) but we're hauling 2 suitcases each (long Europe trip pre-cruise) so I'm not sure if its an option.
Is there a DCL or any other shuttle that takes you close to the ship? Are there people that exit the train station and then walk to the pier? Don't want to look like gypsies being the only ones doing it but if its normal for ppl to walk from the station to the port I'd have no problem doing it.

Last edited:
We're taking the train from Rome to the port but I found out the train station at the port is still about 1/2 mile to the cruise ship dock
I guess we could walk it (its 3 of us) but we're hauling 2 suitcases each (long Europe trip pre-cruise) so I'm not sure if its an option.
Is there a DCL or any other shuttle that takes you close to the ship? Are there people that exit the train station and then walk to the pier? Don't want to look like gypsies being the only ones doing it but if its normal for ppl to walk from the station to the port I'd have no problem doing it.
We have seen some referrals for private car service that don’t look too bad for four of us. Can’t remember their names right now. 🤪 We were nervous to take the train because we had a bad experience the last time we cruised there. We walked to the train station after a shuttle ride to the end of the pier. Our train kept getting postponed, and then it showed up cancelled. 😳 We decided not to chance it with a later train and then worry if we could get back. We just had another very quiet sea day.

help with shore excursions in Toulon and Mykonos. When we went to book the Port Adventures at 90 day mark our choices were either sold out or had disappeared entirely. Can anyone recommend some good independant tour companies we could take a look at for these ports.

There is only one Port Adventure left in Toulon. Disney drastically underestimated the popularity of tours in this port
My husband and I are planning on taking the train to Marseille, and leaving the kids on the ship. Nothing really looked of interest for all of us. We booked the Delos excursion this time. Last time we just took the shuttle into town, wandered around and had an amazing lunch in one of those restaurants that hangs out over the sea. Cute shops, good gelato and a nice pebble beach right in town. We did not know about the beach, so did not take bathing suits. My husband, DS 9 and DD 3 went swimming in their clothes. We bought a couple of beach towels from a little shop at the end of the beach to dry off before our shuttle back to the ship.

Hi everyone!
We recently cruised on Disney Fantasy for 7 night Western Caribbean. This cruise was booked first, and we made a last minute decision to cruise for Spring Break. We are new to Disney Cruises but experienced with other cruise lines. Absolutely loved our experience on the Fantasy.

I've done 2 prior Mediterranean cruises with Royal Caribbean. The shore excursions offered through Disney are basically the exact same. If anyone needs any advice, please let me know.

We have a family Oceanview stateroom on the 10th floor.
My son is 12 years old and an only child. He has high functioning ASD, but is very friendly :)
He desperately wanted to join the activities at the Tween club Edge on the Fantasy. However, he did not want to go in alone without a peer. He had difficulty finding a peer to go on the Aqua duck slide as well. I went on with him, but I do not enjoy closed in spaces.

If anyone has a kids close in age that would be interested in meeting up, please let me know :)
My DD will have just turned 13 on May 22. She loves making new friends! We were just on the Wonder in February. It was her last cruise being able to be in the Oceaneers Club and Lab full time. She has LOVED those clubs! We told her only only “job” was to have as much fun as she could in the kids clubs, and reminded her that she could still go during open house hours in the future. She was so excited, but it did not go as planned. The ratio and ages of children on that cruise was very different from any other we had been on...almost all 3,4 and 5 year olds. She went before sail away, and then after dinner. When my husband went to drop her off after the show that night, she asked to go to the Edge because no one was her age. She ended up spending every minute she could in the Edge. She loved it! She is very excited to make new friends there again.

We booked a guaranteed oceanview stateroom for 2. We have not received our cabin assignment yet.

We are considering moving up to a veranda if available. Are there any tips or tricks to get the best rate.?

Also when is the best time: right now, when we get our cabin assignment, just before we cruise or after we are onboard?
The best way to get the cheapest rate is to ask for available upgrades when at the port. We have only done this once, and our friends upgraded to the room right next to ours on our last cruise for quite a bit cheaper than posted rates. The only downside is if the category is sold out, or you get a late PAT and they are all gone.

Was wondering if anyone is traveling with any kids 18-20? This will be our son’s first cruise in the 1820 Society. He has made many friends on past cruises in the other clubs. He is hoping for a good group of young adults to hang out with.

Was wondering if anyone is traveling with any kids 18-20? This will be our son’s first cruise in the 1820 Society. He has made many friends on past cruises in the other clubs. He is hoping for a good group of young adults to hang out with.
Our DD is 17 and she said she might venture into the 1820 society if they don't check for age, to see how its like - she kind of outgrew vibe, doesn't enjoy it as much anymore. The last couple of cruises we've done she was with us most of the time except when we had tastings...in February she never stepped foot in vibe... We'll see how it goes this time around - can't believe it's less than 60 days!

Our DD is 17 and she said she might venture into the 1820 society if they don't check for age, to see how its like - she kind of outgrew vibe, doesn't enjoy it as much anymore. The last couple of cruises we've done she was with us most of the time except when we had tastings...in February she never stepped foot in vibe... We'll see how it goes this time around - can't believe it's less than 60 days!
We were on the infamous PC cruise with you guys! We also cruised in February on the Wonder, but we cruised with friends that we made on the infamous cruise, so the boys just hung out together. DS hung out with kids from the Vibe more outside of the Vibe on our last few cruises. Finger crossed for a fun cruise for both of them. OMG did not realize less than 60 days!!!

We were on the infamous PC cruise with you guys! We also cruised in February on the Wonder, but we cruised with friends that we made on the infamous cruise, so the boys just hung out together. DS hung out with kids from the Vibe more outside of the Vibe on our last few cruises. Finger crossed for a fun cruise for both of them. OMG did not realize less than 60 days!!!
Oh wow. didn't know that. That PC sailing didn't end well for us, long story but DD had an accident and we had to stay in Cozumel for a couple of weeks. It was dreadful for us at the time but now we almost look at it as a fun experience. We're grateful things turned out alright for our daughter and in general for us.
I'll be wearing UCF (school she's going to in August) shirts and hats on the decks often so if you see me say hi.
I'm also in Meridian every day early in the AM to watch the sunrise while having my morning coffee and reading a book - one of my favorite things to do on the ship.

I’m definitely not an expert, but I read that they have shuttles running from the train station to the port. We’re also taking the train and planned on using that connector shuttle. The article I read indicated they run frequently, so fingers crossed! Which train are you taking? Ours leaves Rome around noon.

I’m definitely not an expert, but I read that they have shuttles running from the train station to the port. We’re also taking the train and planned on using that connector shuttle. The article I read indicated they run frequently, so fingers crossed! Which train are you taking? Ours leaves Rome around noon.
Thanks! - I've researched further since posting and you're right. There are shuttles that depart the port train station to the cruise terminals. But couldn't find out how often they leave.
I'm more interested to know if ppl have walked from the train station to the cruise terminal. Google maps says its about 800m so it's an easy walk but I don't know if it has a walkway or a pedestrian-friendly street.
We're planning on taking the 11.00 train from Roma Termini to Civitavecchia. But depends on what PAT we have, if its a late one we'll take a later train as it seems there's nothing to do around the cruise terminal. We'd rather stay an hour or longer in Rome - We'll book the tickets soon online as we don't want to risk not finding any in person - you should do the same ;)

Hi everyone!
We recently cruised on Disney Fantasy for 7 night Western Caribbean. This cruise was booked first, and we made a last minute decision to cruise for Spring Break. We are new to Disney Cruises but experienced with other cruise lines. Absolutely loved our experience on the Fantasy.

I've done 2 prior Mediterranean cruises with Royal Caribbean. The shore excursions offered through Disney are basically the exact same. If anyone needs any advice, please let me know.

We have a family Oceanview stateroom on the 10th floor.
My son is 12 years old and an only child. He has high functioning ASD, but is very friendly :)
He desperately wanted to join the activities at the Tween club Edge on the Fantasy. However, he did not want to go in alone without a peer. He had difficulty finding a peer to go on the Aqua duck slide as well. I went on with him, but I do not enjoy closed in spaces.

If anyone has a kids close in age that would be interested in meeting up, please let me know :)
My oldest son is 13 - we could definitely do a meet up! He's usually pretty quiet and reserved, but he seemed to really enjoy Edge on our last cruise.

We got our luggage tags a few days ago, which is unusually early - well over a month in advance? :woohoo:
We're used to getting tags a couple of days before the cruise, or none at all a few times (!)
Must be bc its a Europe cruise?

We got our luggage tags a few days ago, which is unusually early - well over a month in advance? :woohoo:
We're used to getting tags a couple of days before the cruise, or none at all a few times (!)
Must be bc its a Europe cruise?
Got our PAT as well - an early one!
Just some minor details to take care of and we're set - off to Europe soon
Safe travels, you all.

Got our PAT as well - an early one!
Just some minor details to take care of and we're set - off to Europe soon
Safe travels, you all.
We got boarding group 6 with PAT at 11:30. Tried to book transfers immediately after with Rome in Limo since we could give them a pickup time. They are fully booked. They did give us a referral. Hope that pans out. Worst case, we join everyone else on the train.

We got boarding group 6 with PAT at 11:30. Tried to book transfers immediately after with Rome in Limo since we could give them a pickup time. They are fully booked. They did give us a referral. Hope that pans out. Worst case, we join everyone else on the train.
We got the same PAT as you.
I booked the train this morning - 9.45 from Termini, gets to port at 11.00.. we'll try to walk from the station to the port to see how it is.

Hi everyone, not sure if this thread is still active with the cruise 20 days away!! But I wanted to say hello, I'm going on this cruise with my daughter (18) with 3 other families to celebrate high school graduation! This will be our 8th Disney cruise, but the first one that's not leaving from the US. Question though, does anyone know how many formal nights there will be? I tried looking it up on the app with no luck. Thank you!!

Hi everyone, not sure if this thread is still active with the cruise 20 days away!! But I wanted to say hello, I'm going on this cruise with my daughter (18) with 3 other families to celebrate high school graduation! This will be our 8th Disney cruise, but the first one that's not leaving from the US. Question though, does anyone know how many formal nights there will be? I tried looking it up on the app with no luck. Thank you!!
Hi! There’s one formal and one semi-formal. Are you on the FB page? If not I can send you the link. Someone posted the schedule and while I can’t remember which night is which I know it’s one formal and one semi!

Hi! There’s one formal and one semi-formal. Are you on the FB page? If not I can send you the link. Someone posted the schedule and while I can’t remember which night is which I know it’s one formal and one semi!
No I'm not on the FB group. I would be so grateful if you can send me the link, thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter