Disney Dream Halloween on the High Seas Double Dip Cruise and Hurricane Ian. What Could Go Wrong?

travellingwithnikki

I've visited every Disney Park in the world!
We recently sailed again on the Disney Dream from Miami for a five night Halloween on the High Seas Double Dip cruise to Castaway Cay and Nassau. However something called Hurricane Ian was nearby so what could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes1

Disney Dream Halloween on the High Seas Cruise: Day One - Miami

Disney Dream Halloween on the High Seas Cruise: Day Two - Castaway Cay

Disney Dream Halloween on the High Seas Cruise: Day Three - At Sea

Disney Dream Halloween on the High Seas Cruise: Day Four - Missing Castaway Cay

Disney Dream Halloween on the High Seas Cruise: Day Five - Nassau, Bahamas

Thank you so much for reading :)

Next stop the Disney Wish!

Last edited:
Really enjoying your report, thanks for sharing ! We are sailing 5 nights on the Dream in less than 2 Months so this is definitely getting me in the spirit !

Loving your report And pictures.

We were on the Wish during Ian. Went out to the Atlantic Ocean too. Loved looking at the map on the tv our route was all over the place.

Loving your report And pictures.

We were on the Wish during Ian. Went out to the Atlantic Ocean too. Loved looking at the map on the tv our route was all over the place.

Thank you for your lovely comment. On the next day we saw the Wish out at sea in the afternoon :)

Here is one of the maps when we were on the Wish.

We missed our Castaway Cay day on the Wednesday. Heck we barely could see it when trying to get in due to fog than lightening and wind. It was wild it was the first time it woke me up so we got up to see what was happening.

Yes the beds are so comfortable. Always gain weight even though we do the steps and walk the deck.

Attachments

• A757BC3A-023C-4773-B8B7-D6F98BEF3048.jpeg
    A757BC3A-023C-4773-B8B7-D6F98BEF3048.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 4

After a break from writing over Christmas and the New Year, I have finally written about our final day in Nassau.

Thank you to everyone who has read them :-)

I just finished reading day 1 of your blog - what a beautiful blog! I love all your photos. We have a 5-night on dream booked. My first & only cruise was on the wonder for 7-nights in 2013. Finally getting to go on my second cruise next year. I wish I could do 7-nights or longer… did you find 5-nights was enough time or too short? Thank x can’t wait to read the rest of your posts

I just finished reading day 1 of your blog - what a beautiful blog! I love all your photos. We have a 5-night on dream booked. My first & only cruise was on the wonder for 7-nights in 2013. Finally getting to go on my second cruise next year. I wish I could do 7-nights or longer… did you find 5-nights was enough time or too short? Thank x can’t wait to read the rest of your posts

Whilst I love longer cruises too and would always book at least 7 nights if I could, 5 nights was actually okay for us and was a perfect little break. I would definitely book the same length of cruise again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter