DISNEY DREAM 5-nights May 29th, 2011

Glad too see lots of other 13 year olds...My DD will be excited!!!:cool1:

I think my best friend Barb is going too book on Saturday. Our kids are only 2weeks apart so they will have a ball on this trip. Hanging at the tween club and their own beach at Castaway cay....pirate:

I am just so excited at the thought of being able to spend all day at the adult beach for once in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Happy planning all...

I am working on planning a trip too WDW for next December so that will give me something else to focus on before this cruise....:yay:

Hoping to get this booked Monday also!

I need three cabins looking at 11 can you share you cabin numbers please so I make sure they are not on the list I gave to my TA.

Cruising will be DH James. Me...Brenda... DD Cady15 age of sailing.
Son Mark 33 and our three grand kids by him. Marco 11..Dominic..9 Isabella... 5
and a Grandson from another son... Aidan 4

MIL Hope who is bring 2 nices Rian 16, Jasmine 14.

This ship looks like it is going to be perfect for us. Cady caint wait to play in the teen area. Marco and Dominic water slide. Today Isbella was telling me the drees up room in the kids club is her room and the room with toy story stuff is her cousins Aidans room. I plan on adding a week to the World afterwords to make this a two week vacation.

We'll also be on the cruise with you. Me, Tammy, DH David, and our DD Hunter 15. Maybe Hunter and Cady can meet via email before they go. Looks like there's several teens so far booked on this cruise.

Booked on the 9th w/DVC and we're in a Cat 8 on deck 6.
It's me, DH, DS who will be 7, DD who will be 6, and my MIL (built in babysitter).
We're in adjoining rooms so nights DH and I want to spend out a bit, kids can stay in MIL's room!!!

It's our 4th Disney cruise- 2nd for the kids, and MIL's 1st cruise ever!!
Can't wait!

We'll also be on the cruise with you. Me, Tammy, DH David, and our DD Hunter 15. Maybe Hunter and Cady can meet via email before they go. Looks like there's several teens so far booked on this cruise.

Yes that would be great Cady is looking foward to it:thumbsup2. I will ask Cady to add Photos of us today so everyone knows what we look like.

We should set up a kids meet thred also.

A little background on us.

This is going to be our fourth Cruise for my Husband James, Cady and I . Second for my DIL, we did a 4 day for Christmas in 2003 then both PC repo in 2005 & 2008.
My FIL passed away in 2006 so MIL went on the 2008 repo with us first vacation ever. She cried and cried the last night she really enjoyed the cruise and became very attached to our table mates and servers.

I am looking forward to being on a new ship and taking my Grandkids along.
I cannot tell you how I am looking forward to see my Grandaughter Isabella and Grandson Aidan faces when they see Mickey up so close and so often. when we were on the last repo cruise this little boy about three years old was just chatting away with Chip at Breakfast one morning he kept asking were is Dale. then Pluto came along and took his shoe and he got mad at him and said he was going to tell Mickey on him. We laugh and enjoyed this little boy so much that I have been looking foward to given my grandchildren that same experence with a Disney Cruise. My Husband thinks I an nuts but when I tell him he can stay home he say no way:rotfl2:
I have a book about the building of Disneyworld and every time Isabella comes over she gets it out and we have to look for all the Mickeys, and Minnies.
Ages as of today Me Brenda 47 DOB 10/30/62
Husband James 46 DOB 12/16/1962 Birthday soon
Daughter Cady 13 DOB 02/13/1996 (will be 15 on cruise)
Son Mark 31 DOB 01/17/1978 ( I was very young when I had him)
Marks Kids our grandkids Marco-10 DOB 02/02/1999 will be 11 on cruise
Dominic- 8 DOB 10/25/2001 will be 9
Isabella-3 DOB 11/27/2005 will be 4 on cruise

Grandson Aidan from another son 3 DOB 10/05/2006 will be 4 on cruise

Mother in Law just say over 65. DOB Nov 26

My two nieces that are also comming Rian 14 DOB 05/26/1995 (will be 16 on Cruise)
Jasmine 12 DOB 04/22/1997 ( will be 14 on
Cruise)

I have Rooms 8669 & 8671 & 8673 all 11A
Booked for the 05/29/2001 cruise.

But I noticed something and wanted others in put.

On Deck 6 & 7 they Have cat 11B that are $50.00 per adult cheaper. so if I switch it would save me 300.00 since I have six adults. third and fouth persons seem to be the same cost for 11A or 11B.

But I noticed in the section 8669-8681 there are only 7 staterooms in that area. But in the same areas on Deck 7 and 6 they have 8 staterooms so do you think the 11A will be bigger or is deck 8 smaller than 6 & 7.
I am trying to decided to stay in the rooms we have or ask my TA to move us down one deck and save the $300.00 any help would be great.

Last week, we booked this cruise! We had asked our kids if they wanted gifts for the next 2 Christmases or if they wanted us to save up for a cruise. They chose the cruise! Smart kids!

Our travel party details:
My family: Myself and DH, 3 kids 10, 8, 6
Our 3 kids at time of sailing will be DD 11, DD 9, DS 8

Some friends of ours also booked. We are recruiting more! DH and a few friends are Deaf, so interpreters will be on board. :-D They were AWESOME last time.

We booked a Cat 4a on Deck 10, very similar to room 8040, our room on the Magic.

Can't wait for the double-dip! Castaway Cay was our favorite part of the trip. We are thrilled to see the expansion will be done for our trip!

Looking forward to the planning and anticipation with all of you. :woohoo:

Oh COOL!...
I found my 05/29/11 Dream cruise thread!

We will be going on this cruise!:cool1:
I know....Its quite a ways away but, Time will fly I'm sure. Especially since We are also going to be going to WDW this coming March for the 7 for 3 deal!...:thumbsup2

Hello to all, My name is Betsy, and it will be just my DH and I on this cruise...Unless we can talk some friends into going too!..
We will be in cat. 5D ( I think?)..on deck 6 with a bal.

VERY EXCITED HERE!:yay:
Ready to do some double dippin!...:goodvibes

TTFNpaw:

Hi Everyone,

This will be our first Disney Cruise! I'm so excited about Castaway Cay. DH can't stand all the aggressive selling at some of the islands.

We went on the Carnival Liberty last year and we were not impressed.

My daughter will be 9 at time of sailing and can't wait to see the virtual porthole!

I have been plannig a solo cruise for a few years now and I am going on "The Dream":cloud9:
I will be changing my 5 day May 2010 to this one. It will give me a whole lot more time to save. I can't wait:yay:
kymickeyfan717 - I see you are going solo too, I hope we can get to know each other through e-mail ?

We had been going back and forth, but last night we finally decided on the 2 stops at CC on the Dream instead of the Alaska cruise. We will be trying out cat 5d, but I think the virtual port holes in the inside staterooms sound pretty cool! Wonder if someone would let me take a peak at those... :rolleyes:

This will be our 4th Disney Cruise (our 3rd is next month).

Splashmountainmaniac- We really are not following you. :laughing:

GreatWhiteNorth - that sounds cool. Just PM me and we can get to know each other. With as fast as 2009 when 2011 will be here before you know it

I have been plannig a solo cruise for a few years now and I am going on "The Dream":cloud9:
I will be changing my 5 day May 2010 to this one. It will give me a whole lot more time to save. I can't wait:yay:
kymickeyfan717 - I see you are going solo too, I hope we can get to know each other through e-mail ?

Hi Everyone,

We just switched our May 2010 on the Wonder to this May 2011 cruise:yay: We have a Category 6a. We will now spend next May at WDW instead while we patiently wait for 2011 to come.

Haven't seen any mention of Fish Extenders yet...

BabyJosie...we are right across the river from you (20 minutes east of St. Louis)! My DD will only be 11 (almost 12) at cruise time, but she is glad to see that there is a "tween" club that will include her.

Hi Everyone,

We just switched our May 2010 on the Wonder to this May 2011 cruise:yay: We have a Category 6a. We will now spend next May at WDW instead while we patiently wait for 2011 to come.

Haven't seen any mention of Fish Extenders yet...

BabyJosie...we are right across the river from you (20 minutes east of St. Louis)! My DD will only be 11 (almost 12) at cruise time, but she is glad to see that there is a "tween" club that will include her.

Cool! My DD will turn 13 the month before we leave.princess: Should be a fun cruise...Glad too meet another midwestern on the thread...
We are booked on a Carnival cruise next month with a bunch of friends and no kids....I will need some warm air by Jan 20th!!!;) I hate Winter!!!
Welcome to the thread.

Just got back from the November 28, 2009 7 night Magic cruise and booked onboard for this cruise. Love, love, love CC so the double-dip is a no brainer. Going on the Dream will fulfill having gone on all of the ships, so far and then we can rebook onboard for the next new ship. LOL Booked stateroom #6578, deck 6 midship.

It will be me (Bev-in my 50's) and DH (Jim-in his 60's).

So I've been checking out the kids club and I am thinking I like it - we sailed the Wonder last time and DD was too young, DS was in the Club, but not old enough for the "lab". It looks like on the Dream the "club" and "lab" are combined for "school age kids" up to the tweens, when they get their own area. That means DD and DS can be in the same club (she'll be 5 and he'll be 7). DS has anxiety issues with loud noises until he's used to them so having his sister there would be good for him (last time he wouldn't even tolerate the club but we're making MUCH progress in that area).

Anyone think I'm wrong about the ages? I didn't see any differentiation in the clubs based on age like I did when I looked at the Wonder / Magic. :confused3

Disneyfool, I think you're right, but so far it doesn't seem to be perfectly clear. From what I've read, both the club & lab are going to be somewhat combined, so it sounds like all of those age groups will be interchangeable between both areas.

When we did the Magic in '08, my DDs were 8 & 5, and were apart. Neither were comfortable in their individual areas, which resulted in them not liking the clubs.

I think I also read a thread a few weeks ago that the Wonder was changing its kids club programs to be more laid back and less activity driven.

I just hope I can get them in the club this time- last time we sailed (May 08) DD was too young and not potty trained (she was 2 months shy of being 3) and DS was 4 and petrified because of the noise level. He spent most of the cruise with his hands over his ears. So DH and I didn't get a break. My mom & dad had sailed with us and had an adjoining room, but they were having too much fun to give DH and I any alone time (can't blame them!!). This time MIL is coming along- she's alone (widowed) and not nearly as social or adventurous as my mom. If she's not with us I'd bank anything that she'll be in her room...which adjoins ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter