Disney after hours vs Deluxe extended hours

The website is confusing - is a DAH ticket a 1 day date based ticket, or does it fall under the "all other tickets not mentioned above" and require a TP reservation to enter early (7p for 9:30 AH event)?

Presume the former, but it's not super clear?

The website is confusing - is a DAH ticket a 1 day date based ticket, or does it fall under the "all other tickets not mentioned above" and require a TP reservation to enter early (7p for 9:30 AH event)?

Presume the former, but it's not super clear?
It is purchased for one particular, dated party at one park. No park reservation required.

Is it certain that for the 6 pm virtual Que drop for guardians at Epcot extended evening hours. You do not have to be in the park.? I didn’t want to go there until 7 PM

Is it certain that for the 6 pm virtual Que drop for guardians at Epcot extended evening hours. You do not have to be in the park.? I didn’t want to go there until 7 PM
Yes. If you are eligible to attend EEH, you may try for a VQ at 6PM even if you have not tapped in.

Has anyone recently attended MK EEH? Particularly during spring break times? Curious how much of a benefit it provides, if much at all, given super high crowds (I'll be headed to WDW in 3 weeks when it's still spring break for some northeast schools and leads right into RunDisney weekend).

We are opting for the 4-day base tickets and not buying Genie+ this trip (we only want to hit our favorites, which aren't always the biggest coasters). For Epcot Deluxe Resort EEH, hoping to get an extra ride on Cosmic Rewind via 6 p.m. drop... and get in line the 2nd hour for Remy. Mainly use the first EEH for Soarin, Nemo, enjoy the fireworks at the start.

Similar for MK - so using the EEH to do our favorites Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Carousel, People Mover and then later in the 2nd hour hopefully pick up Peter Pan... and cross our fingers to get at least 1 if not 2 rides on Tron VQ (once during day, once for EEH)... though, if I don't get one at 7 a.m., we are likely willing to buy a LL for that evening right before EEH.

Instead of buying Genie+, only 2 of us are going this trip... decided to spend our money to get dessert party for the sole purpose of having a comfortable and good viewing of the fireworks in the hub.

This mom & dad are getting old - so one relaxed trip with plenty of pool/resort time and trying to use the EEH.

Last edited:
Has anyone recently attended MK EEH? Particularly during spring break times? Curious how much of a benefit it provides, if much at all, given super high crowds (I'll be headed to WDW in 3 weeks when it's still spring break for some northeast schools and leads right into RunDisney weekend).
We were there this Wednesday March 27. It was very busy most of the day, but all wait times dropped significantly after 11:00. Most waits were under 15 minutes. Mine train dropped from 75 minutes to 15 after 11:00. We were able to walk on to big thunder mountain. We only stayed until 12:00, but the park was pretty empty when we were leaving. I would definitely recommend planning for it.

We are opting for the 4-day base tickets and not buying Genie+ this trip (we only want to hit our favorites, which aren't always the biggest coasters). For Epcot Deluxe Resort EEH, hoping to get an extra ride on Tron via 6 p.m. drop... and get in line the 2nd hour for Remy. Mainly use the first EEH for Soarin, Nemo, enjoy the fireworks at the start.

Similar for MK - so using the EEH to do our favorites Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Carousel, People Mover and then later in the 2nd hour hopefully pick up Peter Pan... and cross our fingers to get at least 1 if not 2 rides on Tron VQ (once during day, once for EEH)... though, if I don't get one at 7 a.m., we are likely willing to buy a LL for that evening right before EEH.

Instead of buying Genie+, only 2 of us are going this trip... decided to spend our money to get dessert party for the sole purpose of having a comfortable and good viewing of the fireworks in the hub.

This mom & dad are getting old - so one relaxed trip with plenty of pool/resort time and trying to use the EEH.
Just a note of clarification, Guardians is in Epcot. Tron is in the MK.

I'm trying to make up my mind about possibly buying a ticket for the MK AH, but it's the same night during my trip as Epcot EEH. UGH why do they have to do that!

We were there this Wednesday March 27. It was very busy most of the day, but all wait times dropped significantly after 11:00. Most waits were under 15 minutes. Mine train dropped from 75 minutes to 15 after 11:00. We were able to walk on to big thunder mountain. We only stayed until 12:00, but the park was pretty empty when we were leaving. I would definitely recommend planning for it.
agree, we were there on the same on-and-off light rainy night. we went on peter pan, 7DMT, space mountain, and others on the right side of park with time to spare.

if your party can hang that late, it's well worth it at MK - it seemed that because of the late 11pm park close, the lines weren't as packed with people getting in their last ride.

given how long wait times were generally during SB, i think the EEH is even more important. we sacrificed rope drop at HS next AM and slept in (granted that the main point of the trip was to take grandma on grandma friendly rides and shows so we skipped TOT, SDD etc).

I'm trying to make up my mind about possibly buying a ticket for the MK AH, but it's the same night during my trip as Epcot EEH. UGH why do they have to do that!
i have never done a AH but have done epcot EEH several times and i think it's kind of underwhelming. guardians VQ is a crapshoot, remy is so far away from everything (unless you're staying in boardwalk area, then it's a nice way to end the night), and i never want to get wet on frozen at that time. everything worthwhile is a distance apart and very little is open (the back of world showcase from between norway and france is shut down and impassable).

if you do epcot EEH i would spend normal park hours on world showcase and use EEH to knock out the front of the park. still, it's a ton of walking around at the end of a long park day.

We attended AH at Studios Monday night. It wasn’t listed as sold out as far as I know. I was happily surprised the crowds seemed appropriate. The park wasn’t empty, but it certainly wasn’t oversold or crowded.

Monday was our travel day & we were up at 4:30. We’re also APs & visit 2-5 times a year. So we weren’t worried about getting every minute we could out of our ticket. We got to the park just before the park was closing. There was no line for event admission. We went on Mickeys Railway, had a brief pause (maybe 5 minutes) in line before the CM who lets you into the ramped area. Then stopped again on the ramp. We were off the ride after the park closed. CMs were at the entrance to the different lands checking for bands. We also had to show bands as we entered rides. We headed to Rise, it was a walk thru right to the Rae Room. We had to buy a gift for our son, so we shopped in Dok Endor’s next. My husband did slinky dog with about a 20 minute wait. We stopped & snacked on popcorn & ice cream. We did Toy Story & walked straight to the loading platform. After that my husband did ToT. In walking around, GE was pretty empty, the area near Slinky dog had the most people, most of whom seemed to be waiting for other member of their party to get off SD. After ToT it was about 11:50. We were just exhausted from traveling & the long day. I grabbed another popcorn & some waters to bring to the room & we headed out.

We saw characters as we were walking around but for the life of me, all I can remember was Raffiki. And Mickey was greeting just outside the main shop. If we weren’t slowing down as we get older & it wasn’t our arrival day, we could have done some ride repeats & stayed longer. But considering Rock N RollerCoaster is down, I thought it was still a good event & worth the money. Especially with our AP discount.

Happy to see this - just bought AH tickets for Studios during our June trip, mostly for the 'big kids'. Hubby and I will be sticking with our two-year-old granddaughter that night so the older ones can enjoy HS. There are a lot of heavy-hitter rides there that they'd have a tough time getting to during the day , so everyone is looking forward to making that their 'main' HS visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter