Disney after hours vs Deluxe extended hours

Can anyone tell me who's previously experienced the MK After Hours Event, what exactly for food and drinks do they offer? Is there any alcohol offered? More detail the better! Thanks!
Popcorn, Mickey bars, ice cream sandwiches, maybe the strawberry ice cream things, and soda/water bottles

No alcohol, alcohol in MK is only at the restaurant anyway but we never had any free at any after hours elsewhere.

We are going to WDW next week and doing MK EEH followed by MK DAH back to back on Wed & Thurs.

I’ll come back and report my comparisons.

It will be interesting if one has bigger fireworks crowds. I think Thurs DAH will be worse with the overlap of separately ticketed guests, where Wed EEH won’t be adding many people - just onsite deluxe hoppers/APs.

As far as waittime crowds, I’m expecting DAH to have twice as long good period. With EEH, by the time day guests get off popular ride lines and clear out, there might be about 75 minutes left. DAH should have 135 minute left.

That’s my prediction. Let’s see what actually happens! Will the upcharge event be worth the extra $ over the ‘free’ one?

Last year we went while Epcot AH first began, split stay between YC and Poly, and HS AH was also available but it was on the same night as MK EEH. We opted against the paid events and it wasn't even a debate tbqh. Granted, we did have a longer trip (11 days) but even on a shorter one, personally I think it's absurd to pay deluxe prices and not take advantage of the one benefit unique to those resorts (besides proximity) while paying through the nose for just another hour and some snacks. That math just ain't mathing to me, lol. Especially at Epcot, where neither is especially worth it. We had 2 Epcot EEHs on that trip and did them pretty much for another ride on Cosmic Rewind. Given what a cluster kitten Epcot AH was for those first few offerings, it was money well saved.

Even at MK I still wouldn't buy AH if staying deluxe over dates with EEH. I really struggle to understand why that extra hour would be necessary, especially at that price point, when we got a truly absurd amount of rides done in the 2 hours of EEH. And that's with an AP discount on AH tickets. Full price? LOL.

We had 2 Epcot EEHs on that trip and did them pretty much for another ride on Cosmic Rewind.

personally I think it's absurd to pay deluxe prices and not take advantage of the one benefit unique to those resorts (besides proximity) while paying through the nose for just another hour and some snacks.

100% agreed for both.

Our trip evolved from original intentions and how we ended up planning 2 late MK options in a row. But yeah personally I wouldn’t buy AH if there was an EEH option. I’d rather put that money elsewhere.

DH bought the MK DAH as part of a surprise trip and I’m happy to run a comparison. Not expecting it to be worth the cost difference over the ‘no extra cost’ option. It will be interesting to see how they differ in what should be very similar park flows with MK Wed/Thurs back to back.

Curious to hear if anyone can compare. We have always done AH in the past and loved it, but had a bad experience last year at EP and didn’t find the value. We are staying Deluxe this time, and the only thing I’m debating is whether or not to do the EEH at MK vs AH at HS. We definitely prefer the big rides at HS, but not sure if the value is there. We really like the option to re-ride some of the headliners (SM, BTMRR), but wasn’t sure if EEH gives a similar experience or not. I could really just re-ride ToT the whole time, but not sure my family feels the same!

Interested in hearing some perspectives. My gut tells me take what’s “free”, but I do love HS and don’t like lines! 😃

Last year we went while Epcot AH first began, split stay between YC and Poly, and HS AH was also available but it was on the same night as MK EEH. We opted against the paid events and it wasn't even a debate tbqh. Granted, we did have a longer trip (11 days) but even on a shorter one, personally I think it's absurd to pay deluxe prices and not take advantage of the one benefit unique to those resorts (besides proximity) while paying through the nose for just another hour and some snacks. That math just ain't mathing to me, lol. Especially at Epcot, where neither is especially worth it. We had 2 Epcot EEHs on that trip and did them pretty much for another ride on Cosmic Rewind. Given what a cluster kitten Epcot AH was for those first few offerings, it was money well saved.

Even at MK I still wouldn't buy AH if staying deluxe over dates with EEH. I really struggle to understand why that extra hour would be necessary, especially at that price point, when we got a truly absurd amount of rides done in the 2 hours of EEH. And that's with an AP discount on AH tickets. Full price? LOL.
I have never done an AH event. We went 2x last year and did EEH at MK on both trips. I was underwhelmed by it...we waited longer for BTM that we would in the first hour the park is open. There isn't a big gap to get the non EEH guests out and by the time they are truly cleared out the time is almost over. We did have good success at Epcot EEH however. Maybe we were just there on a bad night both times, idk!

To me Epcot isn’t worth it for After Hours. You can ride everything at Epcot during the day. You have more rides at MK. But Epcot and MK are the normal parks for deluxe evening hours so you’re getting 2 extra hours after closing for no extra costs instead of $100 plus a person for After hours. Tron and Guardians have 6 pm virtual queue drops for extra hours .

HS is only park that I would consider After Hours since rides lines are pretty long during the day.
Question: I am going to be in Epcot on a Monday with extended hours for Deluxe guests. If I do a virtual queue for Guardians during the normal day, can I also do the virtual queue for the extra hours?

the only thing I’m debating is whether or not to do the EEH at MK vs AH at HS.
I go often enough (once every year or two) that I don't need to pay more than it costs for a full day's admission for several hours of short lines and popcorn. Especially when the alternative is included in my resort stay, is a few hours long, and also has short-ish lines. I am willing to pay full price for popcorn if it comes to that.

Question: I am going to be in Epcot on a Monday with extended hours for Deluxe guests. If I do a virtual queue for Guardians during the normal day, can I also do the virtual queue for the extra hours?
Yes you can. The EEH VQ drop happens at 6pm.

The regular VQ drops at 7am and if you don’t get that can try again at 1pm. That is totally separate from the EEH VQ.

One time we had a regular VQ for around 5pm, and also bought an ILL that was ~5pm. The ride went down that time for around an hour and we were only able to use one. We were worried the system wouldn’t allow us to try for EEH VQ, but it did. Due to other evening plans we were unable to use #2, and I’m happy to report EEH let us go on GotG twice so we ended up with 3 rides that day.

Disney is very very good at convincing people that their vacation will not be complete without This One Cool Thing. Guess what? None of it is necessary. None of it.

That's not to say I don't do those things. But, on most trips I pick one or two "splurges" depending on how long the trip is, and ignore the rest. So far, the best splurge was Savor the Savanna. That was great fun, and an experience that would be hard to duplicate any other way.

Staying at Shades of Green in September and I'm very excited it's included in the EEH category. I fully intend to take advantage of it! Particularly MK. I'm a sucker for Peter Pan's Flight and all of those Fantasyland rides!

Yes. The evening queue drops at 6 pm Eastern.

So far, the best splurge was Savor the Savanna. That was great fun, and an experience that would be hard to duplicate any other way.
I was wondering about that one, I did the rhinos and the elephants, but wasn’t sure if that one would be worth it, I decided not to because when it includes food, etc it makes me think the actual tour isn’t really worth more, you’re just paying for food and service, etc.

I haven't done the others at AK, so can't compare them. But everyone in our group really loved Savor, and we'd all do it again. Part of the price is certainly food, drink, and service, but you get to eat it with an overlook of the Savanna, so that's okay with me.

Yes you can. The EEH VQ drop happens at 6pm.

The regular VQ drops at 7am and if you don’t get that can try again at 1pm. That is totally separate from the EEH VQ.

One time we had a regular VQ for around 5pm, and also bought an ILL that was ~5pm. The ride went down that time for around an hour and we were only able to use one. We were worried the system wouldn’t allow us to try for EEH VQ, but it did. Due to other evening plans we were unable to use #2, and I’m happy to report EEH let us go on GotG twice so we ended up with 3 rides that day.
Thank you.. that's my plan for the Monday I am there :) 3x :)

On a short trip I think any AH event is definitely “worth it”, but it’s double the cost of a park for that day.
I priced the two AH nights (HS & EP) with AP discount + a 1 day ticket for MK on UCT vs. a 3 day ticket on UCT and it was about the same price. I couldn't believe it! At that point, AH definitely seems like the better option. So it could work out to be cheaper or nearly free if you only need a few days.

If they extend park hours as in MK open until 11 pm, what does that mean for AHP which starts at 10? It’s kind of unfair to have people that didn’t pay for the ticket be able to stay so late because a lot of people probably don’t leave exactly when it closes.

If they extend park hours as in MK open until 11 pm, what does that mean for AHP which starts at 10? It’s kind of unfair to have people that didn’t pay for the ticket be able to stay so late because a lot of people probably don’t leave exactly when it closes.
For guests who do not leave, they are unable to join any queue once the park closes.

Disney would never end daytime hours after the start time of an AHP. Sometimes they're back to back (park closes at 10, party begins at 10) but there is never an overlap.

For guests who do not leave, they are unable to join any queue once the park closes.

Disney would never end daytime hours after the start time of an AHP. Sometimes they're back to back (park closes at 10, party begins at 10) but there is never an overlap.
Also unable to buy food/drinks or anything else. (I assume you can shop for merch on Main Street still, but maybe not)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter