Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

I'm also in the "I ordered through MDE and my bands still haven't arrived" boat. I was told by Disney, after being transferred around, that the 3rd party shipper is holding things up and it is "out of their control". We are waiting to see if they show up, we leave in a week. But the tracking number shows they're still sitting at the 3rd party shipper.

If anyone else has this issue, you have to call MDE if you ordered through them. 1-800-328-0327

How far in advance did you order? I am debating ordering a MB+ or just using an old MB.

How far in advance did you order? I am debating ordering a MB+ or just using an old MB.
I placed my order about 30 days out from our trip. They said it shipped within 2 days. Then it shows it sat at the 3rd party shipper and never moved. They did refund me and I just saw that back on my card today. I'm now planning to use old MB's because I really don't care about the plus for me, and just buying a plus for my daughter if she wants one.

We check in June 19. I ordered ours on 5/25. I got the "Your MagicBands are on the way!" email that they shipped on 5/27 (included link to "track the order" which just took me to Disney's page that had what bands and a USPS tracking number)

Checking USPS Tracking web site right now it says:

Latest Update
Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at 2:29 am on May 31, 2023 in AUSTELL, GA 30168. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
On Its Way to USPS

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
AUSTELL, GA 30168
May 31, 2023, 2:29 am
Shipping Partner: OSM WORLDWIDE

Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item
DAVENPORT, FL 33897
May 26, 2023, 5:19 pm
I don't know the relationships, band creation steps, or handling between placing the order on Disney's site, whomever creates/engraves/assigns the bands, OSM Worldwide, (everything before it gets to USPS to start delivery)

Based on past shipments, once USPS has them, they usually only take about 4-5 days to get to us in eastern PA.

EDIT 6/1: New update this morning on the USPS tracking...
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
AUSTELL, GA 30168
June 1, 2023, 2:56 am
Hopefully this means USPS will get them today or tomorrow.

Anyone else whose bands were stuck with OSM WORLDWIDE seeing movement?

EDIT 6/2: New update from USPS tracking...
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
YORK, PA 17406
June 1, 2023, 8:06 pm

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
YORK, PA 17406
June 1, 2023, 7:14 pm
So it looks like OSM Worldwide is a 3rd party shipper that uses USPS for last mile delivery... In other words, OSM World Wide will get it close, and USPS takes it from there to your mailbox.

EDIT 6/5: OUT FOR DELIVERY per USPS
Out for Delivery
Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 3:20pm
COATESVILLE, PA 19320
June 5, 2023, 6:10 am

Arrived at Hub
COATESVILLE, PA 19320
June 4, 2023, 12:37 pm

Accepted at USPS Destination Facility
COATESVILLE, PA 19320
June 4, 2023, 11:22 am
So 11 days to south eastern PA, with a 1 holiday in there.

Last edited:
We check in July 13th but we are going on a cruise first so we leave home on July 7th. I figure I need to order today or just forget it. We are also in PA so I guess the shipping time is ok at least.

We check in June 19. I ordered ours on 5/25. I got the "Your MagicBands are on the way!" email that they shipped on 5/27 (included link to "track the order" which just took me to Disney's page that had what bands and a USPS tracking number)

Checking USPS Tracking web site right now it says:

Latest Update
Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at 2:29 am on May 31, 2023 in AUSTELL, GA 30168. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

I don't know the relationships, band creation steps, or handling between placing the order on Disney's site, whomever creates/engraves/assigns the bands, OSM Worldwide, (everything before it gets to USPS to start delivery)

Based on past shipments, once USPS has them, they usually only take about 4-5 days to get to us in eastern PA.

EDIT 6/1: New update this morning on the USPS tracking...

Hopefully this means USPS will get them today or tomorrow.

Anyone else whose bands were stuck with OSM WORLDWIDE seeing movement?

Yes. Mine never moved and Disney refunded me when I reached out after they had sat there for about 2 weeks.

So for the first time ever we didn’t get our bands through our reservation. We purchased from shopdisney. How exactly do I link them to everything-it’s just the code on the back right?

So for the first time ever we didn’t get our bands through our reservation. We purchased from shopdisney. How exactly do I link them to everything-it’s just the code on the back right?
Yes, you can manually enter the code on the back of the band in to MDE and then it will prompt you to assign to a person from your Family & Friends list. MDE can also scan the RFID chip in the band and allow you to link it that way.

Yes, you can manually enter the code on the back of the band in to MDE and then it will prompt you to assign to a person from your Family & Friends list. MDE can also scan the RFID chip in the band and allow you to link it that way.
That’s what I thought awesome thank you!

Use the Disney World app on your phone. Use the 3bar menu (aka hamburger menu). Select the Your MagicBands and More card, scroll and tap Link Your MagicBand or Card and follow the on screen prompts. It will walk you through the process to link bands one at a time.

Keep in mind that if you got MagicBand+ and each person has their own phone, you want to use their phone with to link. That is because the MB+ also connects to your phone via Bluetooth. So part of the link process is also pairing and connecting the bluetooth. IF they are under your My Disney Account, then log into your account on their phone.

If you have MB2.0, as long as you manage their accounts, or they are on your Friend & Family list, you can do it on your phone. They don't pair/connect via bluetooth so it doesn't matter what phone you use.

We check in July 13th but we are going on a cruise first so we leave home on July 7th. I figure I need to order today or just forget it. We are also in PA so I guess the shipping time is ok at least.
Looks like OSM Worldwide now does the shipping from "Florida" to close to the final destination, and USPS takes it from there.

Our bands show York, PA (about 1.5hrs drive west of us) as of last night, and still with OSM. (I updated my post with new tracking info). So the biggest slow down was the Florida to Georgia leg, but that could have been due to the holiday weekend.

If you leave July 7, and order now, you should get them in plenty of time.

Use the Disney World app on your phone. Use the 3bar menu (aka hamburger menu). Select the Your MagicBands and More card, scroll and tap Link Your MagicBand or Card and follow the on screen prompts. It will walk you through the process to link bands one at a time.

Keep in mind that if you got MagicBand+ and each person has their own phone, you want to use their phone with to link. That is because the MB+ also connects to your phone via Bluetooth. So part of the link process is also pairing and connecting the bluetooth. IF they are under your My Disney Account, then log into your account on their phone.

If you have MB2.0, as long as you manage their accounts, or they are on your Friend & Family list, you can do it on your phone. They don't pair/connect via bluetooth so it doesn't matter what phone you use.

Good to know thank you

Looks like OSM Worldwide now does the shipping from "Florida" to close to the final destination, and USPS takes it from there.

Our bands show York, PA (about 1.5hrs drive west of us) as of last night, and still with OSM. (I updated my post with new tracking info). So the biggest slow down was the Florida to Georgia leg, but that could have been due to the holiday weekend.

If you leave July 7, and order now, you should get them in plenty of time.

I will hold out hope then. USPS is always the worst part for us but that may be our local post office.

We must be close to each other since York is about that far away from us as well. :-) We are in Chester County.

I will hold out hope then. USPS is always the worst part for us but that may be our local post office.

We must be close to each other since York is about that far away from us as well. :-) We are in Chester County.
Mine are now out for delivery.. 11 days to Chester County, PA, with a 1 holiday in there. I think Disney says 7-10 days.

Funny, it took OSM 3 days to get them from their facility in York, PA to USPS in Coatesville which is 1.5 hrs away, that is assuming the tracking on USPS is complete and accurate.

I have magicbands from summer of 2018, 5 years ago. Will they still work? Trying to decide if I need to order new ones? Thanks.

We went in April of this year 2023 & used ours from October of 2018, so you should be fine - though I don't think they still work for ride photos, but they worked perfectly for everything else (park entry, room, etc.)

We went in April of this year 2023 & used ours from October of 2018, so you should be fine - though I don't think they still work for ride photos, but they worked perfectly for everything else (park entry, room, etc.)
We have old magic bands as well. Do you know how we’d get our ride photos? I didn’t know if the card they’d give you in lieu of a band would work… or bluetooth to MDE on phone.

We have old magic bands as well. Do you know how we’d get our ride photos? I didn’t know if the card they’d give you in lieu of a band would work… or bluetooth to MDE on phone.
Bluetooth to MDE on phone is supposed to work - and if it doesn't you can file a Missing Photos report with PhotoPass, who is very good at finding them.

The ticket card doesn't link ride photos - doesn't have the RFID chip that the MB has (the RFID chip is powered by a battery in the MB, that battery is what goes out after 2-3 years and stops linking photos).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter