Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

I want to jump on these being available as we don't need the MB+, however our trip is in August. Will they ship when I buy them, or will Disney not send them until before our trip?
They will ship a few days after you place the order. This is the norm now since you have to pay for all pre-arrival MagicBands.

I have a question about the limited edition MB+: The old limited edition magic bands sometimes had special features like lighting up a special way or making a unique special sound just for that band when tapping into the park, etc.; does anyone know what the new limited edition MB+ do to warrant the outrageous price?

Guys - I am sorta annoyed about the whole magic band situation. I am an every-other-year WDW visitor so we have not been since 2021. Are you telling me that I have to buy the new Magic Band Plus, or use our old (regular) ones? They are cute but this is $75 for the three of us if we just get the plain color ones and Over $100 if we get cute designs. I don't care about the new features. What do most people do? Just use your old ones? We had a tradition of getting new ones for each trip and I loop them into a chain that we keep. I DISLIKE this.

The new Magic Band+ is something of a nothing burger. You can still use your old ones and you don’t miss much. I got one for our last visit (in December) and my DH did not. No big deal. I wouldn’t stress over this. Just keep using your old ones.

We just reuse our old ones, I don't care about collecting something I only wear in the parks once every few years.

(I do admire some of the designs, though, they're cute - I just don't find them to be a good investment.)

We use our old ones, we've got loads of them in every colour. Lots of other people do too.

I use an old one a lot, bit I did receive one of the new ones as a Christmas gift. I don’t notice a difference in one over the other, but I don’t play the in the park games and I don’t have PP so I don’t get the ride photos remotely either. I think the games would be the biggest difference, since I believe you can get photos with Magic Mobile on your phone (I remember seeing instructions posted outside some attractions for this).

You don't HAVE to.
You may WANT to
You will sometime in the future NEED to , to enjoy features and new technology.

Maybe replace one family member each trip over the next 3 trips.
Think of it as a souvenir .

You also don't have to get a MB+, you can get a regular Magic Band which I think are around $10 for the plain ones or up to $25 for the designs.

Guys - I am sorta annoyed about the whole magic band situation. I am an every-other-year WDW visitor so we have not been since 2021. Are you telling me that I have to buy the new Magic Band Plus, or use our old (regular) ones? They are cute but this is $75 for the three of us if we just get the plain color ones and Over $100 if we get cute designs. I don't care about the new features. What do most people do? Just use your old ones? We had a tradition of getting new ones for each trip and I loop them into a chain that we keep. I DISLIKE this.
We use old ones.

only difference is the cost Disney wants. Just use the old ones and when Disney stops letting us use them, we will just use the cards. To us the MB aren't worth the trouble anymore. Just like taking your phone out to open your room door.

I was annoyed too, but eventually spent $130 for four new ones. We haven't been to WDW in four years and I wanted to be sure we could go right to a park and not worry about batteries or bands not working during the trip. We have two teens and they will be off on their own a bit...and we don't want to bring our phones everywhere.
That being said, everyone enjoyed choosing new bands and they came in the special box and we did get a little of the old joy when we opened them!

I was annoyed too, but eventually spent $130 for four new ones. We haven't been to WDW in four years and I wanted to be sure we could go right to a park and not worry about batteries or bands not working during the trip. We have two teens and they will be off on their own a bit...and we don't want to bring our phones everywhere.
That being said, everyone enjoyed choosing new bands and they came in the special box and we did get a little of the old joy when we opened them!
Just to clarify for others coming to this thread for info, the only functionality that will stop working for older bands is ride photos. They will continue to work to access your room, the park, LLs and purchases.

Last edited:
I have a question about the limited edition MB+: The old limited edition magic bands sometimes had special features like lighting up a special way or making a unique special sound just for that band when tapping into the park, etc.; does anyone know what the new limited edition MB+ do to warrant the outrageous price?
I have several old Limited Edition Graphic bands which make the tapstyles light different colors and make sounds such as the Tiki Room song, Banshee screech, Epcot theme, and such. I loved that.

So far the MB+ bands I own have NOT done anything special at the tapstyles. The only thing I notice is a unique onband LED scheme which you can select in the MDE app when the band is paired/connected to your phone.

We generally purchase new bands each trip too. But we, ok mostly *I*, collect them. We started with MB+ because we wanted to try the FAB50 quest and the bands were "new".

Having completed the FAB50 quest on our October trip, and not having interest in Batuu Bounty Hunters, we don't have the desire to use MB+. The biggest issue is having to charge them each night so the long range features (for example auto-linking select ride photos/videos) work each day.

I still wear older Limited Edition MB2.0 bands. Since they are older and their internal battery is dead, so only the TAPping features work. For long range, I pickup up whatever cheap solid color band I can find on shop Disney before our trip, or the resort gift shop, Pin Traders at Dis Springs, or Emporium in MK, take out its ICON (aka Puck) and put it in a Magic Keeper clipped to my bag or belt loop.

My Family is going to Disney world on March 26th. We are getting Magic Band Plus for the kids. My Daughter does not like any of the presale ones on line and we where wondering if there are different ones available at Disney Springs or in the parks? Is the whole collection on line or should we chance it and hope for something Avator or Star Wars at Disney Springs?

My Family is going to Disney world on March 26th. We are getting Magic Band Plus for the kids. My Daughter does not like any of the presale ones on line and we where wondering if there are different ones available at Disney Springs or in the parks? Is the whole collection on line or should we chance it and hope for something Avator or Star Wars at Disney Springs?
Yes, there are some available at WDW that are not currently available through MDE.

No Avatar MB+ designs have be released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter