DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Might not take much to 'convince' me, just fancy budgeting and scheduling...but let's see how first half of 2023 camping season goes. At least 4 reservations already in place between this March and July and considering trip to SIL in Indiana early spring and a few other events between PA and GA actively considering. May tap some of you Indiana residents to catch up with and help replace that hot water heater on my trip west, or on return east.

I’m feeling a much higher level of confidence that I will be able to go to this November ‘24 meet… gotta figure out if I can use my DVC points on a group deal or if I would just make a ressie and perhaps request to be near someone in whatever loop it ends up being as well as requesting said loop. Well, anyway, lot of time to figure that out.

The exchange for DVC at the fort is almost not worth it. Better off to plan cash for the room and save the points for a different trip. That was one reason I never bought DVC when the price was half it was today.

The exchange for DVC at the fort is almost not worth it. Better off to plan cash for the room and save the points for a different trip. That was one reason I never bought DVC when the price was half it was today.
Normally I would agree (for example, I would NEVER use points for a cruise… not worth it value wise… plus I don’t have anywhere near enough), but as I would not have any other Disney trips planned for those points in any case, I may still do so for Fort. The other possibility (which I have done before) is selling the points on the DVC rental market for the cash which is often better than the value of using the points, but we shall see.

Normally I would agree (for example, I would NEVER use points for a cruise… not worth it value wise… plus I don’t have anywhere near enough), but as I would not have any other Disney trips planned for those points in any case, I may still do so for Fort. The other possibility (which I have done before) is selling the points on the DVC rental market for the cash which is often better than the value of using the points, but we shall see.

Keep in mind, too, that the number of campsites available for DVC exchange is limited, @4077. Like any discount offered on Fort campsites. Your points can't be applied to ANY available reservation you book for the Fort.

We've had some success stories in the past about exchanging points for a campsite. But we've had more failure stories IMO. So renting the points/cash for FW might be the way to go anyway.

Ed

You have to be savvy and plan well to try to trade, its hit or miss depending on time of the year. Value wise I think renting out the point through a site or pivately would be the better option. Think we will be good for 2024 as I am pretty sure we are going to try to burn up our points at DL in early summer when we make a trip out to CA.

So just as a matter of interest (for me), I looked at booking online room only vs DVC points for a check in Saturday to check out Friday (Nov 4-10, 2023) to get a general idea for early November timeframe (which will obviously change some for next year). The cash price for a premium at that time is $1032.78. The DVC points required to do that same reservation are 74 points. Renting those through the service I have used several times before would result in receiving $1184 ($16 per point profit). So, it is slightly better to sell the points for the cash. Of course, you would likely not be able to rent exactly 74 points, so would probably have to rent out more than that to meet the 74, but this is not generally a problem provided you have the points available.

I am very excited for this even though it is far away… why? Because my wife is thumbs up and my boss has all ready blocked out the vacation time for me! I am going with the plan that we are that week of November 4, but if it moves to October would be ok too. Anyway…. Looking forward to when we get to book!!! Would be me and dog driving down ahead ourselves, wife and younger son flying in at some point for a weekend and couple weekdays and then at some point visiting my parents in Venice. Details to go as the meet works itself out, butwoohoo!

The boss (DW) gave me permission too! We'll see you there.

j

My boss did too. :duck:

I hope we settle on the November date. As I said in a prior post, the Fort will get pretty empty after Halloween (which is on a Thursday) so there will be lots of turnover to get a site reserved if one can book asap. Plus the weather is better.

Sounds like we need to huddle with Arc prior to June-ish when 2024 should come open.

Also, the more you know :teacher: ....

If you work back from a theoretical arrival date of 11-1-24 (Friday the day after Halloween), 500 days prior to that is Tuesday June 20, 2023 as the theoretical EARLIEST date you could book. (adjust to fit your preferred arrival day). So if Disney opens 2024 bookings earlier than that, we can observe the landscape and feedback from those booking earlier arrivals and learn lessons for going forward with our reservations.

Ed

PS - Spencer, Jimmy hope you two newbies (to a DISMeet) can make it. And any other newbs.

giphy.gif

Ya'll have me psyched. A rare selfie of my enthusiasm .....

giphy.gif

I thought we had settled on November. I'll probably stay long enough to see Christmas stuff go up.

Also, the more you know :teacher: ....

If you work back from a theoretical arrival date of 11-1-24 (Friday the day after Halloween), 500 days prior to that is Tuesday June 20, 2023 as the theoretical EARLIEST date you could book.
That works out great! I literally get back from Europe the day before that window opens. Wrap up one big trip and book the next!

j

I thought we had settled on November. I'll probably stay long enough to see Christmas stuff go up.

That works out great! I literally get back from Europe the day before that window opens. Wrap up one big trip and book the next!

j

Jim, I can see you sitting on the floor of an airport gate in Reykjavic or Frankfurt or Bern battling time zones, travel fatigue, and foreign voltage systems to get the airport wifi to deliver a reservation at the Fort.

THAT'S what I would call "dedication". :surfweb:

Can't wait to hear the story.

Ed
PS - Cleveland beat the Giants in a Cactus League game yesterday that lasted only 2hr 13 min. :worship:

Last edited:
Pretty sure I have the clear for November 2024, we usually do a November trip to celebrate end of first quarter. This will likely require some stratigic logistics for mom and one school student (and possible the ire of a college student.) Since our 2024 plan and our CA road trip up the costal is in June this should allow for me to do this. Now to just make srue we can all get a spot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter