Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads back. Wonder what made her bring it back, probably all the screen shots everyone had.
There are still edited posts over there though and looks like maybe not all posts came back with thread.
The one where "Nikkibell" said she crossed several lines is gone. I remember it because it gave me hope to see people who were once moderators keeping others accountable. I would like to see it "reappear."

First post/comment in a long while, only heard about what has happened today.

For what it's worth, I wish continued success to most folks at The Dis in whatever you pursue. Whether you stay or do something new, a lot of you evidently worked tirelessly to contribute to the success of the company, and I imagine, coming from a place of loving Disney & the parks. The podcast has provided great entertainment & commentary over the years.
To work in a place where things were chaotic, while the illusion shoved out there was that it would be a dream job and workplace, is so disappointing to learn of.
While brief, it truly was like meeting stars to me in 2015 when I saw JL, Craig, Corey & Kevin at D23. JL in particular really took time to chat with me, and take photos. It meant a lot as a shy twenty-something at the time, given how much I loved the show then. Unfortunately, it looks like one individual really took the 'celebrity' piece too far.

I'm sorry to those bullied, ejected, and assaulted. It has been evident through many departures that some folk were dismissed abruptly, and left without much choice. Some of the most talented over the years have included JL, and Shaun T. I think everyone starts most jobs with hope, and the aim of being successful while also being able to pay your bills on time. To learn of allegations that it has not always been easy to do the latter as an average employee is truly upsetting to me.

Many years ago, I commented on one of the DisUnplugged facebook posts about the excessive rant Pete had done that day. Pete lambasted me in response to what was simply a short, polite comment with a minor critique. From then on, I've always found the front he displayed on the show questionable, and it made absolutely no sense to me how he could afford all the trips/cruises/adventures/clothes/botox/homes, while everyone else seemed and stayed pretty humble.

Hope all impacted have the help and resources they need.

She was probably told to bring it back. I haven’t seen her post recently. Someone got an ear full. This is all so disheartening

Thank goodness! Someone is listening.
What I'm hoping is that someone IS finally listening and realizing that the whole "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" really doesn't lead anywhere healthy. I mean, come on....
Checks and balances.
Another one of mine was deleted as were those expressing hurt feelings. I said something to the effect of… With all due respect, Kathy, you might just need to let this go, etc etc
Mine isn't back. Mine was a question that was interpreted as "argumentitive and sarcastic." I didn't think an honest question about why an admin edited her own post was out of line, considering her apology was still up for everyone to see. ???? Removing the actual words that warranted an apology does not scream "trust" and "transparency" for a site trying to find a way forward.

Are the mods paid? Seems like a lot of work late in the evening to be arguing on the internet and tossing anti semitism into threads.

Are the mods paid? Seems like a lot of work late in the evening to be arguing on the internet and tossing anti semitism into threads.
Mods are not paid; they are volunteers. Webmasters are also unpaid unless they have a paying position within the company (i.e. Corey). Perhaps things have changed with webmasters since I left eight years ago, but I don’t believe so.

Gotta be Corey, right? He's the one guy with any power right now that actually seems to care.

Plus @*NikkiBell* being on the side of truth and openness probably helped!
Indeed. Corey, if it is you, thank you for listening and acting.
I started to answer this about twenty minutes ago, but it didn't post. No question about it, Corey it is you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter