Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing, dreams is just the middle-man. You should be able to call the cruise line directly to make final payment.

I also canceled a Disney trip I had booked through dreams, coincidentally the same day as all of this came out (before I knew). The email response I got back was not super nice. The agent got my name wrong, and to quote:

—-
Hi Katie,

I have cancelled this reservation for you.

Please note for the future travel agents work on commission - so when a guest books, we help plan their trip and answer questions. The commission comes to the company about a month after the guest travels and we get a portion of that commission.

Have a great day
—-
Thought we were told this whole time that the agents don’t work on commission.
Wow! That's very rude.

@WebmasterCorey , Others may disagree, but perhaps it is time for this thread to draw to a close. People have had some time to express their thoughts, analyse etc., but perhaps it is time for the cacophony to stop. I feel deeply for the young gentlemen who suffered sexual abuse, but is this, somewhat grotesque, ‘picking over the bones’ in their best interests? Perhaps an empathic statement to all former and current employees and an invitation to meet with you or correspond with you directly, is the way forward?

I apologise if this suggestion offends anyone, but surely our priority, as a community, should be supporting the victims, and the continuation of this thread may be discouraging other victims from coming forward.

Sent you a message containing the Cliffs Notes recap of 5000 posts on a mentioned site. It really is the most succinct recap up until AmEx info became known.
Any chance you can copy/paste that for me? I saw almost 45 pages and my eyes glazes over. Pretty sure I saw Dustin’s post but I probably missed most of Sean’s.

Any chance you can copy/paste that for me? I saw almost 45 pages and my eyes glazes over. Pretty sure I saw Dustin’s post but I probably missed most of Sean’s.
The victims are real people who are hurt and suffering. It’s not a story for your entertainment and titillation. Do you want to be spoon fed the facts because you genuinely care, or ……. ?

I remember the Community Board being a center. Don’t know about other boards. Basically, years before the incident someone had set up another chat board. Looking at that site’s history… maybe 2002. Whenever things happened on the DIS that ruffled people’s feathers, people who knew it existed would go to the other place. High profile incidents here led to more traffic for the other place, because you obviously couldn’t talk about moderation here. It reached a fever pitch when DIS moderators started banning people for talking about the other place or for what was said on the other place if they could match usernames. Which led to YAGE-ing and more banning. So much was going on that, much like this thread, people who didn’t know about the other place found out. Which is how I found out about it. A completely Barbra Streisand effect situation, IMO. Now I think it’s more a place for old friends, so lower traffic than during and following the incident, to gossip and snark.
I was there when it happened. So, the boards were smaller and the community tighter, I think.

Some posters decided that it was silly that these boards were moderated and made a game of getting as close to the line without getting their hands slapped (called it the big red button) - e.g., using vulgar language, or attacking other members for their opinions….

So someone set up another forum that had threads dedicated to discussing things in the Disboards that couldn’t be discussed here, including entire threads mocking some of the posters. They also discussed how stupid the DIS guidelines were. So some of us moderators also posted on that board and many of those posts were to defend the Disboards.

There was so much fighting going on and hurt feelings. I remember crying at some of the arguments. One of the mods husband asked her something like, ‘Why are you crying over what someone named Bunny Foo Foo said? They don’t know you.’ When she told us that something clicked in my mind and I stopped taking comments personally (thicker skin).

Anyway, the fighting got so bad that it was decided that whoever posted there to mock people on disboards and cause trouble would be banned. There was a mixup and people were sent there (don’t know how that happened) and a lot if people were banned over it. When I say bad, there were people trying to figure out real names and posting physical addresses, or tatgeting posters and following them from board to board just to mess with them. Of course, the majority of people are not like that, but by that point, the line had been drawn.

(Please excuse typos I am on my phone)

Last edited:

@WebmasterCorey , Others may disagree, but perhaps it is time for this thread to draw to a close. People have had some time to express their thoughts, analyse etc., but perhaps it is time for the cacophony to stop. I feel deeply for the young gentlemen who suffered sexual abuse, but is this, somewhat grotesque, ‘picking over the bones’ in their best interests? Perhaps an empathic statement to all former and current employees and an invitation to meet with you or correspond with you directly, is the way forward?

I apologise if this suggestion offends anyone, but surely our priority, as a community, should be supporting the victims, and the continuation of this thread may be discouraging other victims from coming forward.
I disagree. There are still people discovering the story. And the transparency allowed here has been a good thing. Sure, you have a few people who are cantankerous but for the most part people have behaved. Let it die a natural death. Locking the thread will cause more angst.

Nothing, dreams is just the middle-man. You should be able to call the cruise line directly to make final payment.

I also canceled a Disney trip I had booked through dreams, coincidentally the same day as all of this came out (before I knew). The email response I got back was not super nice. The agent got my name wrong, and to quote:

—-
Hi Katie,

Please note for the future travel agents work on commission - so when a guest books, we help plan their trip and answer questions. The commission comes to the company about a month after the guest travels and we get a portion of that commission.

Have a great day
—-
The commission referenced is the pay received by Disney after a booking is completed. If someone books and doesn’t go, then Disney doesn’t receive money and the agency/agent don’t get paid. You might want to let John know the agent’s response.

You realize that Pete owned the company right? Who would be in a position to fire him?
Well, not "fired" per se, but what is happening now....a "dissolution" of a partnership is happening. Clearly the other two owners wanted to quickly get him out of the partnership to and put a ring fence around themselves. I'm sure there are several lawyers in the mix advising the remaining two partners to do their best to avert any civil litigation involving the alleged victims down the road if the victims chose to pursue that avenue. I can't remember where I heard it, but there's that saying...."the only ship that won't sail....is a partnership".

where did you get this information? It is common known fact that travel agents work on commission. commission is paid one service is rendered.. a flown flight or booked trip. A good travel agent is basically working for free, no payments until well after you have unpacked your suticases

Critical thinking lol. Lurking allegations for years...nothing happens. Massive lawsuit threatening the company's future, couple months later he resigns. Yeah probably had nothing to do with the lawsuit.

Allegations are just that. It doesn't mean they aren't true but this is not the first time these types of things have come to light regarding Pete. The reality is the business is seriously threatened; a $900k bill they are on the hook for could implode the business and clearly Pete is a massive liability. Maybe the allegations played a role, but clearly whether these allegations were there or not, Pete needed to go on the basis of this Amex lawsuit alone. So just relax, you can continue to have your opinion, whatever that is. Lol.

The people making these allegations are not doing it anonymously. PW could sue them for defamation if these stories are false. What does Dustin or Sean have to gain by sharing false stories?

Many of us has had suspicions that PW would have been a terrible boss to work for, due to actions we have seen on the Podcast and fan events. So the allegations of toxic work environment and verbal abuse totally aligns. The SA allegations is what has shocked most of us, but because who was sharing these stories, there is no reason not to believe them.

Yes, PW was probably already on his way out due to the lawsuit. However, I assume it would have been handled more smoothly than it has been in the last few days. I don't think PW would have deleted his Twitter, IG, and FB if these allegations did not come out as well. There is a reason why he is removing his presence from online rather than defending himself. It all adds up.

—-
Hi Katie,

Have a great day
—-

The commission comes from the company the trip was booked through. So Disney, RCL, or whomever pays the commission. If you are going through a place like DUT, DUT also gets a cut of the commission.

I disagree. People need a place to be able to talk about this, especially within the community it is impacting. If that community stops the ability to talk about it, it appears that it is turning a blind eye. It is too new and fresh. For DIS to be able to move forward, in which I really want it to be able to, they cannot hide away from this IMO

I disagree. People need a place to be able to talk about this, especially within the community it is impacting. If that community stops the ability to talk about it, it appears that it is turning a blind eye. It is too new and fresh. For DIS to be able to move forward, in which I really want it to be able to, they cannot hide away from this IMO
But is the purpose of the thread to support the victims, or something else? Put yourself in the victims’ shoes and imagine how they feel when they read all this infighting, bickering and questioning.

But is the purpose of the thread to support the victims, or something else? Put yourself in the victims’ shoes and imagine how they feel when they read all this infighting, bickering and questioning.
I think they are adults who are aware of how threads ebb and flow.
If a poster finds the discussion is done for them, they can step away.

Even if DU was doing $50m in bookings annually, after all expenses (agent commissions, operating expenses, etc) and the slim cut they actually get from bookings, I doubt PWs cut is anything too fantastic. He’s a 60 year old with no kids, but was still (seemingly) living beyond his means.

Just my professional opinion.
I was wondering how he was getting all his DVC points, cruise vacations and ABD's.

I think them moving to a new studio and such is the best way they can handle it right now. They are not really in a place where they can acknowledge a lot of what is being said at the moment. Maybe in the future, but not now.

They are moving to a new studio so they can try to continue the show. So they can try to continue, even though stuff is going on. I hope the best for them.
Im just catching up and promise to read all 80+ pages but while I agree a new studio would be necessary to continue the show I'm not sure I like the announcement that the new studio is a necessity for Kevin's mobility. While it may be true (a new studio being required for him to access it)...that's not why they're moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter