***DIS Pen Pal Letter Swap-Round 2-AUGUST-Sent/Received/Discussion/Weekly Check In

mommytotwo

DIS Veteran
Wow, I had sent out everyones pen pals info. so please check your pm boxes. This is the thread in which you will need to post on as you send out your letter, receive your letter, and to find out any information that I may give out throughout the swap...-(I will have a different thread for each months swap). Also, if I am not able to get in touch with you, I may write messages here, so it is important to read through the thread.

We have a bunch of new participants, along with past round 1 participants. :goodvibes I will need everyone to check in weekly just by putting a hi post or such. This way, I will know that you are still around-(glad to have seen many of you check into the DIS today as I was sending out your pms). There are a bunch of us participating, and it is hard for me to keep track of things if everyone does not do their share.

Please remember:-
All letters NEED to be mailed out by the second Sunday of each month.
-Post on the thread as soon as you send out your letter, and as you receive it.
-Please keep your pen pals information confidential. Your pen pal may write things to you that they may not want to share with everyone.
-If you will be away during the swap period, please pm me with the dates that you will be away for, and let your pal know as well, so that no one worries.
-Check in WEEKLY. I do not want to drop anyone from this swap, but if you do not do your share, :( I will unfortunatly have to.
-Twists are not mandatory, but it is something fun that pen pals can look forward to along with their letters. All twists being sent does not need to cost alot-this is not a regular exchange. Just something that will cost a dollar or few will do. Also, not all twists will be something you will need to buy-some of them you will need to be creative with IF you choose.

Each month, there will be a new TOTM-(Topic of the Month), and TOTM-(Twist of the Month). As people send out their letters, and as they are received, I check it off of my list. If everyone does good, and all letters are received early, I sometimes/usually send out the topic, and twist early so that people can get a head start for the following month. I will also give hints as to what the topic/twists are, so you will need to follow along on the threads to find out these hints.

I know that this is alot to take in, but it is pretty basic. If you do have any questions, feel free to pm me.

I hope everyone has fun, and that we have a successful new round.

For the month of August...in which you may start to write to your pen pal now, or send out before the second week of August-(many of you know that I like it when people are on the ball, and does not wait till the last minute...makes me nervous at times) but do not feel pressured since you do have till then. Oh, and like the last round, this is a PEN pal swap, but you can also type out your letters if you wish.

August Topic of the Month-*Introduce yourself to your pen pal by telling them 2 things about your that people on the DIS hardly know.
*On the bottom of your letter in big print, write a random state or country. Your pen pal will use this information for their September letter-(in which everyone will find out about later).
*Answer the below questionaire. Thank you to Meriweather for this suggestion in getting to know your pen pal better. I had put together a list of various questions. Print out the questions, and answer them. And send it along with your letter.

August Twist of the Month-*Send your pen pal a recipe for a salad, appetizer, or light snack.

*If you were to be in the shoes of a famous actor or actress, who would it be?

*As a child, what did you want to be when you got older?

*What is your most favorite holiday, and why?

*Do you celebrate all of the major holidays?

*If you were to cook a nice meal for your family that everyone were to enjoy what would it be?

*What is your most favorite movie, and why?

*Say if your neighbor were to come to your house at 6 in the morning while you were still in bed asking for a cup of coffee, what would you do?

*In three words, describe the type of person you are.

*If you were to go into a bakery, what three items would you purchase?

*What are your hobbies?

*Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? If so, what are five dishes, that you enjoy the most?

*Look outside of your window, and tell us some things that you are able to see.

*Do you like to travel? If so where have you been to?

*Tell your pen pal about a Disney experience that you have had.

*Name five ethnic dishes that you enjoy.

*On a cold winters night, what do you like to do?

*If you were a talk show host, and were to interview one person, who would you choose, and what three questions would you ask them?

*What would be one dish that you wish you were not served if you were to visit someone’s house for dinner?

*What is your most favorite beverage?

*If you were to dress up for Halloween, what would you dress up as?

Just checking in, I recieved my info.

Checking in! I'll probably start writing next Monday on the airplane (It will give me something to do! lol)

I am so glad to hear that many of you are excited, and that many names were already picked up :). Thank you to those of you who had already checked in for this upcoming week.

Just checking in...1st time participating! I received my info. This is going to be so much fun! I can't wait to start!:cool1:

Everyone, please remember to put the name of a state or country onto your pen pal letter so that your pal is able to participate in next months Topic of the Month.

Got my letter sent out today - can you tell I have a thing about getting things done on time, if not early?! :rolleyes: I drive everyone in my family nuts! :rotfl:

Got my letter sent out today - can you tell I have a thing about getting things done on time, if not early?! :rolleyes: I drive everyone in my family nuts! :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 I love it when people mail things out early. I have your letter ready as well, just have to get to the post office to have it weighed out.

Recipes done, questions done.....will work on letters today.
I can get one done for sure, the other will wait until I get my July letter, so I can reply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter