DIS Meet Dec 8 07

Julie:

:cool1: We'll be in your area this June. I am surprising Bill with a DLR trip for his 40th Birthday. Also, we are stopping in San Diego, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon.

I can't wait to let the cat out of the bag. I can't keep a secret! :rotfl:

:surfweb: Jennifer

:love: It pays to have a Mathematician as a husband. I guess Turbo Tax helped too. Our taxes have been filed and we should receive our refund this Friday. I already told Bill I need half of it for his birthday. He doesn't ask too many questions. He likes surprises. Honestly, I was a little worried about our June trip and the $$$$$ it is going to take to pull it off. I am little relieved now. :scared: Back to saving for our November/December WDW trip. Adding two extra people to the mix can add up money-wise. Since we invited my Mom and nephew, I don't expect them to pay for anything except their souvenirs. However, if my nephew doesn't start to do better in school, we may have to drop him from the trip. We thought dangling the carrot in front of him, would improve his studies. We'll see come June. :rolleyes1

:sad2: Since this is my Mom's first Valentine's Day without her husband, I sent her some flowers (to be delivered on Thursday or Friday). I know it won't be the same coming from us. However, I hope it brightens her day just a little. :love: Does anyone have any special plans for Saturday? We don't go out. Usually, we have a nice dinner at home. Send the kids upstairs ... and watch a movie. Last year, Bill got me some flowers and chocolates. We are such a "typical" married couple. :rotfl: I'm not into jewelry or expensive things (Okay, an occasional Coach bag. However, I will keep it for years.). I like to save our money for "family things" like Disney trips or fixing the house up. We had the interior of our house painted this past November before our WDW trip. There's something about putting a little color on the walls that makes a house a home to me. :cloud9:

:love: So, what are you doing for Valentine's Day? :love:

Here are some pictures of our puppy. It was his first time to go to the park. We had a really good time.

IMGP0103.jpg

What good photo! :thumbsup2

Here are some pictures of our puppy. It was his first time to go to the park. We had a really good time.

Those are great pictures! I agree with Brack - the one with his tongue out and paw raised running along is the best!

Julie:

:cool1: We'll be in your area this June. I am surprising Bill with a DLR trip for his 40th Birthday. Also, we are stopping in San Diego, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon.

I can't wait to let the cat out of the bag. I can't keep a secret! :rotfl:

Ohhh! Fun! I'll actually be in Virginia for a week in June - my baby sister is getting married. :scared1: Actually, I'm very pleased... considering the guys she's dated in the past.... :rolleyes1 She's done very well with this one! :thumbsup2

Wendy,

:worship: Could you post some of your DLR photos? Please?!?!?!?! I am in full swing planning for our June trip. :cool1: How many days do you think is minimum for seeing everything? Right now, I have three full days and one half (morning) at DLR planned. I may just plan one night in Las Vegas and spend an extra day in San Diego. After doing research, I want to take the kids to Legoland and to see the USS Midway. San Diego seems nice and we have to fit in some beach time too. :beach: So much to fit into one week.:crowded: I told Bill to take one week vacation. He will be out over two weeks for our November/December trip. I assume he will take a day here and there too. So, one week in June seemed acceptable (work-wise). I hope I'm not trying to squeeze too much into a short timeframe. The Grand Canyon and San Diego are a MUST on this trip. When I map our route, Las Vegas isn't too much further after the GC. So, it seems like a nice stop off point too. As of right now, the only thing I have solidly booked is the Disneyland Hotel. Everything else is in limbo. :faint: Back to the drawing board...

:goodvibes Jennifer

Hi Jennifer!
I just posted some some pics from DL on Face Book. I mostly took pics of the kids around the hotel, but hope you like them! The amount of time you'll need depends upon how crowded the parks are. CA Adventure is usually less crowded than DL, and opens later. So a good strategy is to go to DL at rope drop and then head over to CAA when it starts getting busy. 3 1/2 days should be more than enough time to see everything.

Remember to see the Aladdin musical show at CAA if you have time. It's a great show and is inside out of the heat! Also, be sure to walk through the tortilla factory. The fresh, hot, tortillas at the end of the tour are so good!

We didn't do any special meals while we were there, but they do have a character bkfst at the hotel if you're interested.

We used to go to Legoland all the time when we were in San Diego! We had annual passes and would just pop over for a few hours on the weekends. It's a great park, and so clean!

Tina,
I love your puppy! And the photos are great!

Hi Jennifer!
I just posted some some pics from DL on Face Book.

:goodvibes Thanks! :thumbsup2 I'll check it out.

I booked a package. So, I was planning on using our special seating ticket for the Aladdin show. Glad to hear you like it. Bill loves fresh homemade tortillas. :thumbsup2 I will make sure to visit the tortilla factory.

I have rearranged our trip a little and plan to do San Diego first. Then onto, Disneyland, Las Vegas and then Grand Canyon. Looking at a calendar, I am hoping being at Legoland on a Monday and visiting DLP and DCA Tuesday thru Friday, will help crowdwise. Also, my Uncle (Mom's brother) and Aunt who live in CA are going to meet us in Las Vegas for the weekend. "I love it when a plan comes together!" - Hannibal (A-Team) :rotfl:

:banana: I am 99% sure we are going to stay at Hotel del Coronado in San Diego. I just received an email from Club Corp. We are social members of the country club in our community (due to the POA bylaws), which makes us members of Club Corp. We receive a 20% discount at Hotel del Coronado. When I saw that, it made staying there even more enticing. :idea:

Does anyone have any trip countdown links? I need to add some to my signature. :rolleyes1 Thank you in advance. :hug:

I am sure y'all are aware, but want to let you know that ... Tom McAlpin (President of DCL) is leaving Disney Cruise Line. :scared1:

Karl Holz is taking over his old post. He was the original Disney Cruise Line President.

Article from Orlando Sentinel

2010 might be the year to take a Mediterranean cruise on DCL. Some recent cruisers came back with news they are giving major discounts onboard for some Med cruises, with great onboards credits and the now "the standard" 50% off deposit. If the price is competitive with Royal Caribbean or NCL, we may consider it.

Wendy - I saw your thread on DCL pulling out of Alaska. I hope they rethink that at a later time. We really wanted an Alaskan cruise on one of the new ships.

I2010 might be the year to take a Mediterranean cruise on DCL. Some recent cruisers came back with news they are giving major discounts onboard for some Med cruises, with great onboards credits and the now "the standard" 50% off deposit. If the price is competitive with Royal Caribbean or NCL, we may consider it.

Wendy - I saw your thread on DCL pulling out of Alaska. I hope they rethink that at a later time. We really wanted an Alaskan cruise on one of the new ships.

We may end up on a Disney Baltics cruise yet since Jas will be flying to Europe next summer to be with her Dad anyway. But ONLY if they cut the prices way down from where they are now!

And one of the mods let me know that DCL only stated that "Glacier Bay" is not in their plans, but that they may still do Alaska. I've been looking at the ABD trips to Alaska and would love to do a cruise in conjunction with one!

We may end up on a Disney Baltics cruise yet since Jas will be flying to Europe next summer to be with her Dad anyway. But ONLY if they cut the prices way down from where they are now!

Supposedly, the Baltic cruises are selling pretty well. So, I doubt they will discount them. Sorry. They seem to be having trouble with the Med cruises. So, expect some great deals on them. I bet they are rethinking building those two new ships now. :sad2:

:confused: Any news yet on where you'll be stationed next? I know you were looking into Asia.

Supposedly, the Baltic cruises are selling pretty well. So, I doubt they will discount them. Sorry. They seem to be having trouble with the Med cruises. So, expect some great deals on them. I bet they are rethinking building those two new ships now. :sad2:

:confused: Any news yet on where you'll be stationed next? I know you were looking into Asia.

Now that NCL's summer 2010 schedule is out some of the folks on the Baltics are "jumping ship". As the rest of the lines put their schedules out, I think more will cancel. And I predict quite a few cancellations right before final payment is due. I could be totally off-base but I believe they'll have to offer some last minute deals like they did with the Med in '07 and Mexico last year.

I'm sorry, I thought I told you guys. I'm going to be a Recruiting Squadron Commander in Pennsylvania!

We're so excited to get back to the States!

:banana: I am 99% sure we are going to stay at Hotel del Coronado in San Diego. I just received an email from Club Corp. We are social members of the country club in our community (due to the POA bylaws), which makes us members of Club Corp. We receive a 20% discount at Hotel del Coronado. When I saw that, it made staying there even more enticing. :idea:
What a spectacular hotel! While I didn't stay there, I did have the pleasure of touring the hotel and having dinner there. It's on my list of places to stay if I can ever convince Jim to go to California.

I'm sorry, I thought I told you guys. I'm going to be a Recruiting Squadron Commander in Pennsylvania!

Where will you be stationed in Pennsylvania? Don't forget--you have friends who live at the Jersey Shore, and we'd love to see you (right, Merryl and Stacy?)

Beth

:love: Bill came home yesterday with a little package for me. He has a co-worker that is from Hong Kong. He just came back from home. Guess what Bill asked him to get??????? That's right, Disneyland Hong Kong pins!!!!! :banana:

:hug: Thank you to Wendy for our Disneyland Paris and Tokyo pins. We have numerous WDW pins. Only one left ... Disneyland California. Little does Bill know. ;)

I plan to make a shadow box for the kids and put the Disney park pins in them. Thank you again Wendy! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Cool!

Where in PA? We live in the Baltimore, MD area which is very close to Philadelphia

:goodvibes Welcome "home"! Are you moving this summer? My mom is moving from VA to TX this summer. So, I don't expect we'll be in the PA area after that. However, if you are ever in the Dallas/Fort Worth area please let me know. :hug:

:guilty: Sorry, I was hoping to get to Belgium before you moved. I still have a close friend that married and still lives in Brussels. Also, another friend's parents live in Luxembourg. It just never worked out. Now watch, we'll head over there in 2011 (for 15th Anniversary). Life is ironic sometimes. :sad2:

princess: Please give Jasmine our best. We will need to meet up with y'all one of these days. Hopefully, on a tropical island. :beach:

Where will you be stationed in Pennsylvania? Don't forget--you have friends who live at the Jersey Shore, and we'd love to see you (right, Merryl and Stacy?)

Beth

:thumbsup2 Cool!

Where in PA? We live in the Baltimore, MD area which is very close to Philadelphia

We'll be in Canonsburg which is about 20 minutes south of Pittsburgh. It looks like a wonderful placed to live. And I'm already looking at cruises out of the East Coast. :goodvibes

:goodvibes Welcome "home"! Are you moving this summer? My mom is moving from VA to TX this summer. So, I don't expect we'll be in the PA area after that. However, if you are ever in the Dallas/Fort Worth area please let me know. :hug:

:guilty: Sorry, I was hoping to get to Belgium before you moved. I still have a close friend that married and still lives in Brussels. Also, another friend's parents live in Luxembourg. It just never worked out. Now watch, we'll head over there in 2011 (for 15th Anniversary). Life is ironic sometimes. :sad2:

princess: Please give Jasmine our best. We will need to meet up with y'all one of these days. Hopefully, on a tropical island. :beach:

Yes, we should be flying out on June 23rd - right after our ABD trip! But I'll be going back to the states in May for my Commanders course, and will stop in Pittsburgh to do some househunting on the way back. I'll definitely be looking to rent since I'll only be there 2 years.

I still think we all need to cruise together when the new ships come out!!

We'll be in Canonsburg which is about 20 minutes south of Pittsburgh. It looks like a wonderful placed to live. And I'm already looking at cruises out of the East Coast.
Well, you'll have to think about some vacation time here at the Jersey Shore!

I agree, we need to cruise together once the new ships are done.

Beth

We'll be in Canonsburg which is about 20 minutes south of Pittsburgh. It looks like a wonderful placed to live. And I'm already looking at cruises out of the East Coast. :goodvibes:

I pass very close to there a couple of times a year. Three of our units are in the pan handle of WV (Weirton, Wheeling & Moundsville) and I go there by way of the PA Turnpike (4 Starbucks :cloud9:) through Washington, PA. :car:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter