Dis Exclusive July Backstage Magic Adventure 7/6-7/11 Sold Out

I think I'm going to bring a chiffon maxi skirt and matching top. Must keep shoe count down. Must keep shoe count down. Even at this point I don't know how to keep it under four pairs. Two pair of sneakers and at least two pairs of sandals/flip flops. At least the sandals and flip flops are skinny. I hate packing.

Obsessive planner that I am, I have started monitoring Accuweather. I know long range weather forecast aren't super accurate, but I just have to look. Low to mid 80s so far.

Kim

Hello everyone!

I haven't been on here much recently, as yesterday was the end of the school year for me, and I've been up to my eyeballs in grading, paperwork, and end-of-year meetings. This is also why I haven't been in the Thursday chats, but hopefully that will change this week. :good vibes

Re: packing, I'll be bringing my large rolling duffle bag and a backpack as my carry on/day bag. I'm a fairly casual dresser, so lots of jeans or shorts and t-shirts, with one or two polo shirts and khakis for "nicer" dinners, but nothing beyond that.

I'm doing a pre-ABD stay in Anaheim. I can't stay after the tour, and I've never been at DLR for the 4th of July before, so I figured why not? I'll be taking the 1 pm ABD town car from the Grand Cal over to the tour hotel. Anyone else doing the same?

And finally, I'm in the middle of training for the DL Half Marathon over Labor Day weekend, so I'll be trying to fit in some workouts during our tour. Anyone else in a similar boat? I would love some company.

Can't wait to meet everyone in person!

-- Dave

Hello everyone!
I'm doing a pre-ABD stay in Anaheim. I can't stay after the tour, and I've never been at DLR for the 4th of July before, so I figured why not? I'll be taking the 1 pm ABD town car from the Grand Cal over to the tour hotel. Anyone else doing the same?
-- Dave

I'll be taking the shuttle as well Dave! I'm also considering spending the morning in the parks, although I'm a notorious last-minute packer, so I might be doing that instead. Looking forward to meeting you!!!

Melissa

Ryan and I will be taking the shuttle from the Grand as well. We are hoping to get to the park that morning too but sleeping in may sound better with the busy week ahead of all of us.

Claire and I will also be leaving from the GCH. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Can't believe we're only about two weeks out.

I'm doing a pre-ABD stay in Anaheim. I can't stay after the tour, and I've never been at DLR for the 4th of July before, so I figured why not?

We did this in 2010 and it was amazing. We actually watched the fireworks from the main plaza between Disneyland and California Adventure.

I'm looking over the list of stores at the Farmer's Market and getting totally excited for that trip!

I'm planning on going after checking into the Lowes on the 6th. Would anyone be interested in sharing an Uber car to the market? I can do whatever time since I already be in the neighborhood. :)

Feel free to message me or post here!

I'm looking over the list of stores at the Farmer's Market and getting totally excited for that trip!

I'm planning on going after checking into the Lowes on the 6th. Would anyone be interested in sharing an Uber car to the market? I can do whatever time since I already be in the neighborhood. :)

Debating between that and seeing Maleficent. Everything depends on how I feel after traveling and possibly changing rooms. I tentatively have a ride in a Fiat set up for that day at 11 AM. Haven't gotten a confirmation of it from the person scheduling, so I need to call tomorrow on that.

I think my sister and I are also going to head the market for breakfast etc. We did that last time we did the tour.
Its so lovely there.
Not sure the time we are going to go, depends on the jet lag.

Just thought I'd pop over and say "hi" to everyone on this trip! I'll be at DL the day your tour ends and on, so I look forward to seeing some of you! :)

I think my sister and I are also going to head the market for breakfast etc. We did that last time we did the tour.
Its so lovely there.
Not sure the time we are going to go, depends on the jet lag.

Please keep in mind that the stores at the Farmer's Mkt don't usually open until 10am.

We have gotten there earlier and had to wait.

Please keep in mind that the stores at the Farmer's Mkt don't usually open until 10am.

If you are there too early, check out Du-par's restaurant which is open early.

Du-par's is on the corner where the Market starts.

Great breakfast, old "feel" Hollywood, we even saw a "celebrity" during our first visit.

Just remember to save room for Bob's doughnuts afterwards.

Great breakfast, old "feel" Hollywood, we even saw a "celebrity" during our first visit.

The legend is that Du-par's is where James Dean had his last meal before his tragic accident.

Also, in one of the "Lucy and Ricky in Hollywood" episodes of I Love Lucy, they talk about going to Du-pars.

Thanks. That's our current plan. We have the Loews Fiat reserved for 9 on Sunday morning. We have two open seats if anyone wants to come along.

Kathy

Kevin, can you remind me, if we are meeting the guides at the Lowes, what time we're able to begin doing that? That will help me plan my timing for getting to the market.

The legend is that Du-par's is where James Dean had his last meal before his tragic accident.

Also, in one of the "Lucy and Ricky in Hollywood" episodes of I Love Lucy, they talk about going to Du-pars.

Oh, Du-Pars sounds nice! So far the stores I want to visit include Bennett's Ice Cream, Normandie Bakery, Bob's Donuts and Spice Bazaar.

Now I'm debating in my head going to the La Brea Tar pits museum first, then the Farmer's Market, or just spend quality time at the market.

Kim

Kim,

If you've never been to the Tar Pits, I highly recommend going! The museum isn't very big, so it shouldn't take you very long to get through. It always blows my mind to see the tar pits and think about what the area looked like millions of years ago!

Melissa

We are currently waiting to board our flight to Long Beach!! DD15 and her two BFF's are so excited. This trip is DD's sweet 16 birthday gift. If anyone has any questions about what is currently happening in the parks just let me know and I'll post back here.
I bought her one of the Disney/Dr Who mashup Tshirts from RedBubble and I can't wait for her to see it. Thanks (Kim I think) for posting about that website previously. If only we had the ABD paddle of power for this trip too. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter