DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just closed on another 280-point Grand Floridian contract bringing us to 1,765 points. Every time I add on I say ok that's it and then I see a deal that is too good to pass up or I do a trip and say I need more points to do this more often. Just got back from staying a week in a 3 bedroom at Aulani and want to do this every other year now. Would definitely recommend Aulani to everyone it was amazing!! They have a nice additional incentive of $1,500 off adding direct on top of the current incentives if add at least 150 points when you stay on property.

D589E065-679F-40D3-A4C5-66F40F9899F9.jpeg
The view from our Aulani 9th floor grand villa balcony this morning as we sip coffee with the fam. 4 nights was a splurge but sure does make you happy to be in the 1,000+ points club. Amazing memories with my octogenarian parents. Their (and my sister’s) first time staying DVC. The villa and view (and resort) sure didn’t disappoint. Aloha from Aulani!

New total 1440. Had planned to just rearrange some points but with no ROFR end up adding more than sold.
HHI 210
CCV 345
PVB 200
BRV 150
BCV 200
AKV 335
Knock - Knock - Knocking on "DVC-Heaven's" Door !
Just like you, I planned to do some horse-trading when at 665, I was going to sell some SSR and buy some BWV.
I got a loaded BWV contract at $110/PP, but wasn't keen on letting my SSR points go at current prices.
So now I'm at 920 and, rather than revisit swapping, it's enticing to just add 80 or more points so I can join this club!! :P

Knock - Knock - Knocking on "DVC-Heaven's" Door !
Just like you, I planned to do some horse-trading when at 665, I was going to sell some SSR and buy some BWV.
I got a loaded BWV contract at $110/PP, but wasn't keen on letting my SSR points go at current prices.
So now I'm at 920 and, rather than revisit swapping, it's enticing to just add 80 or more points so I can join this club!! :P
I know you can do it, only 80 more!! I am waiting on ROFR for 50 more CCV. I have been lucky with my resales this past year as sold them above what paid for them and had only had them 2-3 years. One I received a bonus as the buyer backed out after passing ROFR and never returned closing documents , so I received half the deposit.
Good luck on the search for 80 more.

In 2012, when I became a member, I thought 1,000 points or more was absurd and had no idea how it was possible. As of last week, I now have 1,031 points and am somehow still banked and borrowed out for this use year and next because of planned vacations.

The view from our Aulani 9th floor grand villa balcony this morning as we sip coffee with the fam. 4 nights was a splurge but sure does make you happy to be in the 1,000+ points club. Amazing memories with my octogenarian parents. Their (and my sister’s) first time staying DVC. The villa and view (and resort) sure didn’t disappoint. Aloha from Aulani!
Awesome amigo. So glad you had a great time at Aulani. Spending time with family is what makes DVC magical. We loved having all 25 of us in our villa at Riviera. I was concerned that the room would have been too small, but it was not problem at all :)

it's enticing to just add 80 or more points so I can join this club!!
You are in the wrong place if you want any hope not to do this.... we are very bad enablers :)

My guide knows me too well. We have to do a planned re-write of a contract in a week or two and when we had a quick chat and coffee a few weeks ago at Riviera he let me know that we totally can add more points before we finalize our VDH purchase.... If I only add 20 more I'll hit 2000 points.... It's silly to even consider it, but I am....

Do you know what is funny to me now? When I first joined this board over 10 years ago, I thought it was so strange that people discussed the benefit of a washer and dryer. At the time, I could not understand the preoccupation with going to Walt Disney World and having the opportunity or wanting to do laundry on vacation.

Our points now go to booking 1-bedroom villas, so that we can wash our clothes prior to coming home. There is just something about unpacking clean clothes and not having to do laundry upon our return home :-)

Do you know what is funny to me now? When I first joined this board over 10 years ago, I thought it was so strange that people discussed the benefit of a washer and dryer. At the time, I could not understand the preoccupation with going to Walt Disney World and having the opportunity or wanting to do laundry on vacation.

Our points now go to booking 1-bedroom villas, so that we can wash our clothes prior to coming home. There is just something about unpacking clean clothes and not having to do laundry upon our return home :-)
We also tend to pack less clothes on some trips and do a mid-trip load or two. More room for new spirit jerseys and popcorn buckets in the luggage headed home :)

I know you can do it, only 80 more!! I am waiting on ROFR for 50 more CCV. I have been lucky with my resales this past year as sold them above what paid for them and had only had them 2-3 years. One I received a bonus as the buyer backed out after passing ROFR and never returned closing documents , so I received half the deposit.
Good luck on the search for 80 more.
OK - I'm officially headed in the WRONG direction ! :P
Another small HHI contract just popped up so, about 5 minutes ago, I submitted an offer.
I'll update when I get a response. It's only 50 points, which would put me at 970.
That's 97% of the 1000 Club :earboy2:

ETA:
WOW! - My offer was just accepted - looks like I'll be picking up those 50 HHI Points (pending ROFR of course).
I will add a posting to the ROFR Thread once I get the details including the closing costs estimate.
It's stripped, so I won't have 2023 dues to pay, and will get a credit for 2024 dues, so initial OOP will be minimal.
Thanks, badeacon, for encouraging my habit!! :D

Last edited:
OK - I'm officially headed in the WRONG direction ! :P
Another small HHI contract just popped up so, about 5 minutes ago, I submitted an offer.
I'll update when I get a response. It's only 50 points, which would put me at 970.
That's 97% of the 1000 Club :earboy2:

ETA:
WOW! - My offer was just accepted - looks like I'll be picking up those 50 HHI Points (pending ROFR of course).
I will add a posting to the ROFR Thread once I get the details including the closing costs estimate.
It's stripped, so I won't have 2023 dues to pay, and will get a credit for 2024 dues, so initial OOP will be minimal.
Thanks, badeacon, for encouraging my habit!! :D
Congratulations! We love HHI and have been members there since 1995. Just booked GV for family next June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter