DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge #9 (6/11 - 6/17)

Yzerbear19

I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)
Mickey Color Challenge

Yzerbear19.jpg

Hello. Yzerbear here with another DIS Digital scrapbook challenge. This challenge is inspired by one of my favorite colors: RED. :) Which also happens to be one of the colors found in Mickey. For this challenge Mickey is going to be your inspiration, but not your subject.

Requirements:
1. You can only use the colors specified below. You can recolor items as needed, but only use the colors listed below. Metallic silver or gold items like staples are fine.
2. The layout CANNOT be about Mickey or Minnie.
3. Use only black and white photos.
4. Use at least one ribbon.
5. Have at least one Mickey head somewhere. Ex: brad, button, stitches, etc.

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify some questions, that your layout should be Disney related. It doesn't have to be from or about the parks, but should be related to Disney in some ways.

MickeyChallenge.jpg

Participation Gift:

For participating you will receive a set of Disney theme wordart created by myself that is pretty versatile and can be used for non-Disney layouts.

Preview.jpg

Two winners will be selected: one selected by the judges and one randomly drawn.

Layouts need to be posted by 11:00 ET on June 17, 2008.

Here is my layout:

EPCOT-SM.jpg

Credits:
-red Mickey button, red and black paper, from "Mouse in the house" by Brittish Designs
-Red ribbon, staples, and notebook paper from "So Sunny" collab kit from Scrap Orchard and Sunshine Scrap Studios
-Gel action from Atomic Cupcake

GOOD LUCK to everyone! :)

LAYOUTS:

Bernie-Ann - post #11

Ohana.jpg

Sleepingbean - post #13

week9scrap.jpg

susan0326 - post #16

Crates1.jpg
Crates2.jpg

marileeh - post #17

disneychallenge2-Page045800x800-1.jpg

DisneyCruiser2008 - post #23

LittleDreamer-Page023.jpg

carsmom53 - post #29

carter_gqmickey_web.jpg

Fran98765 - post #36

wdw2008launch.jpg

tgmousechick - post #38

titlepagecopy.jpg

sconnell - post #39

Mickey-Color-Challenge-PB.jpg

Caitsmama - post #40

gftitlepage8x8.jpg

terri24601 - post #41-42

smallworld.jpg

MakingScrapbooks - post #49

6a00d834516d9469e200e55357f1118833-320pi

Pooh46 - post #52

BellaNotte.jpg

BriarRose59 - post #53

19921031-Belle.jpg

kswm30b - post #55

push600.jpg

designerbrittney - post #65

small_world_WEB.jpg

labdogs42 - post #66

315086070_RgpLw-L.jpg

LOVE IT! What a fun challenge!! :) I see many fun challenges in the future like this with other characters!! AND I LOVE the participation prize!! Good job

Totally cool challenge. I'm going to try to do this one tonight. The gift is awesome, too! I need to make a "package" for the next time I try to design a freebie. Very cool.

Should we put a link to this thread in the last challenge so everyone finds it? I know there are a lot of people that are lazy like I am and they just check their subscribed threads and forget to look for the new ones!!

Totally cool challenge. I'm going to try to do this one tonight. The gift is awesome, too! I need to make a "package" for the next time I try to design a freebie. Very cool.

Should we put a link to this thread in the last challenge so everyone finds it? I know there are a lot of people that are lazy like I am and they just check their subscribed threads and forget to look for the new ones!!

I just did! :)

Ooh tricky challenge! :thumbsup2

Great idea for the challenge and thanks for hosting it Yzerbear19!

Here's mine:

Ohana.jpg

Credits:
Papers & Ric Rac (some recoloured) by Patrcia Amaral
Date Bits by Misty Cato
Frames by SilverSword71 Digital Creations
Stitching, Felt Scribble & Word Art by Britt-ish Designs
Mickey Stamp by Sophia Sarducci
Fastener by Laura Deacetis

Ooh tricky challenge! :thumbsup2

Great idea for the challenge and thanks for hosting it Yzerbear19!

Thank you. :) Great layout! I love how you worked in I think all of the colors. Very nice. Your photos are so cute. And I like how you put the date on the tabs. The frames you used are really neat. Awesome job!

Thank you for participating. :)

I'm in. I used Britt's template and papers, just recolored them. Used a challenge from the past (can't remember which week it was), so that will look familiar, but I thought it would be pretty with the colors :)
Fun challenge!
week9scrap.jpg

I'm in. I used Britt's template and papers, just recolored them. Used a challenge from the past (can't remember which week it was), so that will look familiar, but I thought it would be pretty with the colors :)
Fun challenge!
Thank you. Excellent job recoloring the paper from the other challenge. And nothing wrong with using items from past challenges. The template looks good as well. Your photo is really cool. Super job!

Thank you for participating! :)

Bernie-Ann - SO CUTE! Love how you recolored the word art. Looks great!!

Sleepingbean - SO bright and fun! But I don't think that's my template. I'm pretty sure its my Digi-Keepsakes by Monica. It was a template challengea at SM though, so I can see where you might have thought it was mine. But its not.

Here's my layout for the challenge:

I love that we happened upon this photo-op on our first family trip and have been able to get pictures there each year.

Crates1.jpg
Crates2.jpg

Credits:

Black background paper - Ellie Lash
Frames - Pinned Frames by Katie Pertiet
Mickey Stitches - Happiest Kit on Earth by Britt-ish Designs
Ribbon - Wrappiness by Britt-ish Designs
Red Paper masked with letters - Scratchy Solids by Britt-ish Designs (slightly recolored)

Thanks for hosting the challenge Yzerbear! It was fun!

Ok my lo for the week is of the All Star Cafe before they changed it to a counter service restaurant. ::yes:: Great challenge Yzerbear19.

disneychallenge2-Page045800x800-1.jpg

Credits:
Let's Polka - Andilynn Designs: Background paper, ribbons
Dreams Do Come True - Britt-ish Designs: Staple
Doodlie Doo Shapes - Britt-ish Designs: Frame, arrows, mickey head, star
Black and White and Red - Britt-ish Designs: Heart (recolored)
Minor League - Lucky Smith: Baseball Alpha

Marilee

Here's my layout for the challenge:

I love that we happened upon this photo-op on our first family trip and have been able to get pictures there each year.

Crates1.jpg
Crates2.jpg

Credits:

Black background paper - Ellie Lash
Frames - Pinned Frames by Katie Pertiet
Mickey Stitches - Happiest Kit on Earth by Britt-ish Designs
Ribbon - Wrappiness by Britt-ish Designs

Thanks for hosting the challenge Yzerbear! It was fun!

SO CUTE! Are they wearing the same shirt? It looks the same in all but the first pic!

SO CUTE! Are they wearing the same shirt? It looks the same in all but the first pic!

We've worn gray Mickey shirts each year on "Disney-MGM" day. :) I always know that gray pictures are from that park which makes it easier when you go back to look at pics. Also, we always pretty much wear red in Magic Kingdom, green in Animal Kingdom, and white in Epcot. We have blue shirts and other gray shirts that we might use on the 5th or 6th day if we have one. This pretty much evolved over time.

Actually, the shirt Jake has in the 2004 picture has been worn by Katie in all the years from 2005 - 2008. I was finally able to get a matching shirt off ebay for Jake and he's worn it ever since. I'll have to get a gray shirt for Katie for next trip. It's hard to find the ones that don't have the colored rings (ringer) around the collar and sleeves.

Thanks! You have a great eye for details!

We've worn gray Mickey shirts each year on "Disney-MGM" day. :) I always know that gray pictures are from that park which makes it easier when you go back to look at pics. Also, we always pretty much wear red in Magic Kingdom, green in Animal Kingdom, and white in Epcot. We have blue shirts and other gray shirts that we might use on the 5th or 6th day if we have one. This pretty much evolved over time.

Actually, the shirt Jake has in the 2004 picture has been worn by Katie in all the years from 2005 - 2008. I was finally able to get a matching shirt off ebay for Jake and he's worn it ever since. I'll have to get a gray shirt for Katie for next trip. It's hard to find the ones that don't have the colored rings (ringer) around the collar and sleeves.

Thanks! You have a great eye for details!

Cool! I LOVE that! Traditions are BIG in my family! lol. BTW, my Husband is Jacob but I call him Jake and my DD is Katie! (DS is John after is grandfather)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter