Dis Dieters, weight loss and support. April 09 week Four page 16 post 239

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although bad point being dbf is planning a bbq if its nice.

When we bbq I make skinless chicken breast kebabs with loads of veggies (peppers, cougettes and cherry tomatoes) in a bbq marinade (low cal), I make some rice to go with it and some corn on the cob on the bbq. We had it last night actually - but done under the grill:)

3 lb loss this week

total loss to date - 1 stone 13 lbs

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Well done:banana::banana:

Hello everyone I'm now trying to shed a few pounds too,:scared1: it's been a strange and stressful last 12 months and I've been fond of a few treats to help me feel better. I had my "well woman" check on monday and got real nasty shock:scared1: so now I'm waiting for blood test results to check organ function and such. Since monday I've lost 5 pounds:woohoo: and my BMI is going down (thank goodness). It's so easy to lose track of what you eat each week. I'm walking to work each day too to try to boost my metabolism up to encourage by body to burn up the excess fat/calories. I've got to get it under control DD had a stroke at age 53 he eats a very bad diet full of fat and high in carbohydrates which he doesn't work off and he's a heavy smoker. Thank goodness I don't smoke at all or drink much (2 units a month at most). I'm full of cold at the moment too but I'm working through it;);)

Well done to everyone else this week who have managed to either lose a little or maintain their weight loss. It's going to take some determination for me so I know it's not going to be easy:grouphug:

Well done and good luck:thumbsup2

Ive lost 1.5lbs :cool1::cool1: goodness knows how ! i know weigh 9st 12.5lb and that is the lowest ive been EVER !

Nat, that's brilliant - well done you :hug:

Weighed in a day early as can't weigh tomorrow morning and I have lost 1ib so happy as I haven't been the best. :goodvibes

Going to go swimming tonight and maybe tomorrow as well and hoping for a lot of walks/jogs at the weekend if its nice weather. Although bad point being dbf is planning a bbq if its nice.

Good news especially as it's a day early - well done :thumbsup2

3 lb loss this week

Brilliant result:thumbsup2

Hello everyone I'm now trying to shed a few pounds too,:scared1: it's been a strange and stressful last 12 months and I've been fond of a few treats to help me feel better. I had my "well woman" check on monday and got real nasty shock:scared1: so now I'm waiting for blood test results to check organ function and such. Since monday I've lost 5 pounds:woohoo: and my BMI is going down (thank goodness). It's so easy to lose track of what you eat each week. I'm walking to work each day too to try to boost my metabolism up to encourage by body to burn up the excess fat/calories. I've got to get it under control DD had a stroke at age 53 he eats a very bad diet full of fat and high in carbohydrates which he doesn't work off and he's a heavy smoker. Thank goodness I don't smoke at all or drink much (2 units a month at most). I'm full of cold at the moment too but I'm working through it;);)

Well done to everyone else this week who have managed to either lose a little or maintain their weight loss. It's going to take some determination for me so I know it's not going to be easy:grouphug:

Welcome aboard and well done on making a good start :goodvibes

:goodvibeswow, everyone is doing fab :goodvibes

Nat youve done brilliantly, though im sure you were lighter when u were younger :rotfl2:

i lost 2lbs this week :cool1:
means ive reached my holiday goal
just going to relax a bit, will try to stick to plan as much as i can. then after holiday will set myself lots of new goals :cloud9:

good luck to everyone for their next weigh ins.xx

:i lost 2lbs this week :cool1:
just going to relax a bit, will try to stick to plan as much as i can. then after holiday will set myself lots of new goals :cloud9:

:cool1: im glad you got to your holiday goal ! means you can relax and enjoy it x

Sorry I've not kept up with this thread but I wanted to post that I lost 1.1kg this week for a total of 27.2kg (or a smidge under 60lbs) since I started in November.

The reason I started this diet and why I have stayed determined and kept loosing every week, is that I knew that my dad didn't have long left after getting a terminal cancer diagnosis about this time last year. He had always said he would love to see me loose some weight (I was nearly 17 stone and he knew that it wasn't good for my health as well as how I looked ) so I decided, in November to go for it. Sadly my dad died on Monday but I know that he was proud of what I'd achieved and I''ll carry on now and loose the rest of it.

I don't want to hijack this thread but I wanted to post because my dad was the inspiration behind it all.

So sorry to hear about your dad Jakki. :hug: I am sure he was extremely proud of you.

60lbs is an amazing achievement, good luck for the continuing weight loss.

Ive lost 1.5lbs :cool1::cool1: goodness knows how ! i know weigh 9st 12.5lb and that is the lowest ive been EVER !

Well done Nat, thats fab. :banana:

3 lb loss this week

Well done on your 3lbs. :thumbsup2

:goodvibeswow, everyone is doing fab :goodvibes

Nat youve done brilliantly, though im sure you were lighter when u were younger :rotfl2:

i lost 2lbs this week :cool1:

Well done Nicky. I bet you feel great, have you bought yourself some new clothes for the holiday?

Good luck everyone.

I know how worrying it is. My dad was a healthy 37 year old & suddenly felt ill one morning at work, got in the car to drive home & had a stroke whilst driving his car, he ploughed through a bush & into a school playground. :sad2: I get so mad at myself as I don't know why I have let myself put on so much weight. However I am more determined now than I have ever been in the past.

What type of diet are you doing? I am doing Slimming World but at home....I really don't like the class groups as I am a bit shy & totally lack confidence at the moment. Good luck to you, feel free to PM me or post on here for some group support if you are struggling at all. :hug:

Weighed in a day early as can't weigh tomorrow morning and I have lost 1ib so happy as I haven't been the best. :goodvibes

:cool1:Well done Jackie

3 lb loss this week

:banana:That's great Simon

:wizard:Good Luck with your diet and :yay:well done on losing 5lbs already

:i lost 2lbs this week :cool1:

:cheer2:Well done Nicky

.........................​

As for me I have STS once again. Not bad considering as I had a HRC Hurricane/wine/food fest last Saturday

:wizard:Good Luck for next week everyone

I havent kept up with this thread this week but well done to everyone thats lost or sts :goodvibes

My first week of WW has gone quite well, it has been a bit of a challenge getting my head around a new Plan but it has all been worth it as I have lost 3lb this week :banana::banana::banana:

...i lost 2lbs this week :cool1:
means ive reached my holiday goal...
Fantastic result, Nicky!!! :cool1: Have a fab time...

As for me I have STS once again. Not bad considering as I had a HRC Hurricane/wine/food fest last Saturday...
Well done, Mandy!!! :goodvibes

...My first week of WW has gone quite well, it has been a bit of a challenge getting my head around a new Plan but it has all been worth it as I have lost 3lb this week...
Excellent start, Rachel and good luck for the upcoming week... :wizard:

I've STS this week. I'm not sure why apart from the fact that I've not felt 100% all week so have been much less active than usual... :sad2:

Oh well - fingers crossed I shake this cold soon and am back on track...

Good luck for next week, everyone!!! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I've STS this week. I'm not sure why apart from the fact that I've not felt 100% all week so have been much less active than usual... :sad2:

:hug: thats not bad Karen, i always overeat if im poorly !

As for me I have STS once again. Not bad considering as I had a HRC Hurricane/wine/food fest last Saturday

Well done to STS Mandy:thumbsup2

I havent kept up with this thread this week but well done to everyone thats lost or sts :goodvibes

My first week of WW has gone quite well, it has been a bit of a challenge getting my head around a new Plan but it has all been worth it as I have lost 3lb this week :banana::banana::banana:

Glad youve found the change you needed Rachel, well done on the 3lb loss:banana:

Hope you feel better soon. Don't exercise when youre ill it can be pretty dangerous, particularly if you have a virus. STS is good:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

3 lb loss this week

Brilliant :thumbsup2

Good Luck, you'll get lots of support around here :goodvibes

wow, everyone is doing fab :goodvibes

Nat youve done brilliantly, though im sure you were lighter when u were younger

i lost 2lbs this week

Well done on reaching your holiday goal :worship:

.........................​

Well done on sts Mandy, it could easily have been a gain after last weekend ;)

Well done, ww does take a while to get your head around but it works :cool1:

It's difficult to watch what you eat when your ill. Good luck for next week :thumbsup2

:cool1:Well done Rachel

:banana:Well done Karen, I hope you feel better soon

I've lost 2lb this week :) only 1/2lb to go until I reach my goal :banana:

:yay:That's great Gaynor :wizard: I hope you lose that last 1/2 lb next week

thank you everyone.xxx :goodvibes

well done Nicky. I bet you feel great, have you bought yourself some new clothes for the holiday?
ive just been packing my case today, brought a few new cheap tops and some basic jogging trouser but havent really brought anything nice.
might look for a few nice things next week.

What type of diet are you doing? I am doing Slimming World but at home....I really don't like the class groups as I am a bit shy & totally lack confidence at the moment. Good luck to you, feel free to PM me or post on here for some group support if you are struggling at all. :hug:

hey im doing Slimming world at home too, you sound just like me and i guess weve both got similar amounts to lose. are you a member of any SW forums?
Im a member on a SW forum and i love it, can get lots of tips/help and advice and i can just talk about things.
heres the link if you want it :goodvibes
http://slimmingworldsupport.editboard.com/forum.htm

sounds like the change was good for you, great loss :cool1:

good luck for next week.xxx:)

I've lost 2lb this week :) only 1/2lb to go until I reach my goal :banana:

well done you, good luck for reaching target next week.xx:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter