DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

I am doing MK on the 1st otherwise I would join. I booked Homecomin' on the 2nd before I fly out.

I am doing MK on the 1st otherwise I would join. I booked Homecomin' on the 2nd before I fly out.
I'll have to cancel a Be Our Guest lunch I have for that day since we are now going to go to Disney Springs. It's a party of 2 for 11:20 a.m. Would you want it? I don't know how many will be in your party.

I'll have to cancel a Be Our Guest lunch I have for that day since we are now going to go to Disney Springs. It's a party of 2 for 11:20 a.m. Would you want it? I don't know how many will be in your party.
I have a solo Kona breakfast right now that day and was planning to do a light late lunch before the party. Thanks for the offer though!

Animal Kingdom Day on May 31st:

Hi everyone. Some of us have teamed together to get a group together at Animal Kingdom on May 31st for Pandora EMH. We have also discussed giving options for those that want to make AK a full day meet-up, but not an official gathering until the evening. We are going to have two options for the official get together time:

Option 1:
- 9:15 p.m. showing of Rivers of Light (Fastpass). If you would like to join us in the Fastpass viewing area for the 9:15 p.m. showing of Rivers of Light that evening, we will meet at 8 p.m. at the FP line entrance. Please don't be late so we are able to sit together. After the show, we will make our way over to Nomad Lounge (See option 2) before heading into Pandora.

Option 2:
- If you don't want to see Rivers of Light, we will meet up outside the bridge to Pandora by Nomad Lounge at 10 p.m. This will give us an hour to explorer Pandora during operating hours + the 2 hours for Extra Magic Hours. The goal will be to ride both attractions in Pandora + explorer Pandora at night.

If you plan on joining for any of the above options, please fill out the information below:

Animal Kingdom Pandora Meet-Up:
- Option #:
- Disboards name:
- How many in your group:

We also want to give the option to coordinate with others if several people want to make AK a full day meet-up. For those of you interested, please post below:

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
- What time you plan to arrive at Animal Kingdom:
- Fastpass times/attractions acquired:
- Dining reservations acquired:

Festival of the Lion King:

Some of us are now going to see the 7 p.m. showing of the Festival of the Lion King (stand-by). If you are interested in joining us for this showing, we will meet at the stand-by entrance at 6:15 p.m. If you are interested in joining us for this performance, please fill out the information below:

Festival of the Lion King 7 p.m. showing (stand-by):
- Disboards name:
- How many in your group:

Schedule Beginning With Option 2:

- Meet at Nomad Lounge at 10 p.m.
- Get moving around 10:15 p.m. (Please don't be late as we will begin at this time. If everyone arrives before this time, we will start sooner.)
- Explorer Pandora at night and get a group photo
- Ride: Na’vi River Journey
- Ride: Flight of Passage

I chose this ride order in case we have people in our group that won’t be able to ride Flight of Passage. This schedule is tentative. It’s hard to tell what the lines will be like until Pandora actually opens.

We look forward to seeing everyone on May 31st in Animal Kingdom!

Last edited:
- Option #: 1
- Disboards name: AMusicLifeForMe
- How many in your group: 2

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
- What time you plan to arrive at Animal Kingdom: Around 2:30 p.m.
- Fastpass times/attractions acquired:

· FASTPASS: Avatar – Flight of Passage – 2:35 p.m.-3:35 p.m.

· FASTPASS: Expedition Everest – 4:25 p.m.-5:25 p.m.

· FASTPASS: Rivers of Light – 8:35 p.m.-9:00 p.m. (Show starts at 9:15 p.m.)

- Dining reservations acquired: None. Will eat at Nomad Lounge around 5 p.m.

Last edited:
- Option #: 2
- Disboards name: rteetz
- How many in your group: 1

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
- What time you plan to arrive at Animal Kingdom: Will be there most of the day.
- Fastpass times/attractions acquired: None yet
- Dining reservations acquired: RoL dining Package 1:15PM at Tiffins

- Option #: 1 (but would be ok with #2 also).
- Disboards name: katmu

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
- What time you plan to arrive at Animal Kingdom: planning to arrive between 3 and 4.
- Fastpass times/attractions acquired: None yet
- Dining reservations acquired: None yet

- Option #: 2 (possibly option 1 if a same day FP is available)
- Disboards name: dina444444

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
- What time you plan to arrive at Animal Kingdom: Not sure, depends on other Dis Events
- Fastpass times/attractions acquired: None for AK, may pickup same day depending on above
- Dining reservations acquired: None

31st is already one of our AK days so we will be there.
We are starting out that morning but will take a break after eating lunch and return for the evening, around dusk.

- Option #:2 we may well be at RoL but more than likely with a Dining Package vs. FP. since we'll use our FP on other things. If we don't do the dining package and we can get a FP later we'll switch to option 1
- Disboards name: AngiTN
- How many in your group: 3, 1 of which is DGD9

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
- What time you plan to arrive at Animal Kingdom: 8:00, heading straight to Safari first
- Fastpass times/attractions acquired: Na'vi River Journey 9:55-10:55 (haven't booked others yet, can coordinate for EE, Safari or Kali)
- Dining reservations acquired: None booked yet. We are going to either do Tiffin's at lunch for dining package or Yak and Yeti (with Landry Card, no ADR) So if others have ideas/plans for food on this day we are flexible.

Anyone else at AK for the entire day want to pick a time for Lion King (stand by)

We would be up for either 6 or 7, we can time it so we are back at the park about then. 4 is probably too early (still too hot)
I would say 7, because I did plan to eat at Nomad Lounge around 5. That would give me an hour to relax before heading over to the stand-by line. FOTLK is my favorite show at any Disney Theme Park. My profile pic might give that away lol.

I would say 7, because I did plan to eat at Nomad Lounge around 5. That would give me an hour to relax before heading over to the stand-by line. FOTLK is my favorite show at any Disney Theme Park. My profile pic might give that away lol.
7 sounds good to me. Let's plan it. Hopefull others will want to join in
It's my favorite show too. The pas de deux with the birds always brings me to tears. So beautiful

7 sounds good to me. Let's plan it. Hopefull others will want to join in
It's my favorite show too. The pas de deux with the birds always brings me to tears. So beautiful
Sounds good. I put it on my schedule. I assume just meet outside the entrance.

- Option #: 2
- Disboards name: wnwardii

I actually was going to spend the afternoon and evening at MK and see the Happily Ever After fireworks show at 9pm. But I can try to make it over to AK around 10pm, depending on how long it takes me to get over there from MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter